The Student Room Group

Glastonbury 2017 chat thread

Glastonbury 2017 is finally here!

How's your prep going? Have you been before? Who are you looking forward to seeing?

This thread will be live throughout Glasto, so get grooving and get posting! Tell us what you're up to and who you're loving at the festival.

We'll be in amongst it posting live updates from Worthy Farm, so be sure to check out thestudentroom on

Twitter
Insta
Facebook
Snapchat

Happy festivaling!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
As much as I'm not a fan of Glastonbury, some of the stages do look immense.

Anyone looking for a great live show, go and see Dreadzone. Simply wonderful music, festival favourites.
Original post by Tubbz
As much as I'm not a fan of Glastonbury, some of the stages do look immense.

Anyone looking for a great live show, go and see Dreadzone. Simply wonderful music, festival favourites.

It's my first time going actually! How come you're not a fan?

Just Googled Dreadzone - it sounds really interesting! I might check them out. :tongue:
Reply 3
Original post by BlinkyBill
It's my first time going actually! How come you're not a fan?

Just Googled Dreadzone - it sounds really interesting! I might check them out. :tongue:

The bigger the festival, the higher the proportion of d!ckheads.

At smaller festivals (which make up most of the smaller stages at Glastonbury) you tend only to get people who want to enjoy themselves, rather than people who have gone along for the sake of telling people they're at Glastonbury.

I find people at smaller festivals know how to conduct themselves better, you struggle to find idiots at small festivals, while they seem to be in abundance at larger festivals.

As I say, can't speak from personal experience of Glastonbury itself, but I've always enjoyed smaller festivals compared to the massive corporate ones.
Gosh Elbow are good. :woohoo:
Original post by Tubbz
The bigger the festival, the higher the proportion of d!ckheads.

At smaller festivals (which make up most of the smaller stages at Glastonbury) you tend only to get people who want to enjoy themselves, rather than people who have gone along for the sake of telling people they're at Glastonbury.

I find people at smaller festivals know how to conduct themselves better, you struggle to find idiots at small festivals, while they seem to be in abundance at larger festivals.

As I say, can't speak from personal experience of Glastonbury itself, but I've always enjoyed smaller festivals compared to the massive corporate ones.

Kind of agree with you here, I had a day ticket to a festival where Kooks were headlining and the crowd were awful people. Shoving each other, pouring drinks on each other and being aggressive. Smaller gigs are so much more enjoyable
Anyway WHO'S WATCHInG RADIOHEAD :love:

Thom yorke is an absolute babe. Hope he does the lotus flower dance

[video="youtube;Nf7RI4Ka_CQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nf7RI4Ka_CQ[/video]
Original post by Bezoar

[video="youtube;Nf7RI4Ka_CQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nf7RI4Ka_CQ[/video]

They really are fantastic tonight, completely absorbed.
What happened to hippie counter culture? :'(
Original post by Bezoar

Screw that. It's all about dizzy rascal
Original post by PQ
Screw that. It's all about dizzy rascal

Get out.
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
What happened to hippie counter culture? :'(

It's all still here. It isn't televised though - the BBC crews never venture south of the railway line (except to the sanitised Park area).
Original post by Fullofsurprises
They really are fantastic tonight, completely absorbed.

Im absolutely buzzing that they're doing all the old stuff. ****ing love Radiohead this has made my revision so much better tonight
Original post by Bezoar
Get out.

I am out...in a field in Pilton watching lively music instead of radiohead.

I saw radiohead headline glasto 20 years ago. They were naff live then (loved their albums but it's not music for sharing IMO) and there's 4-5 better options on the lineup tonight.

Dizzy was absolutely amazing.
Original post by PQ
It's all still here. It isn't televised though - the BBC crews never venture south of the railway line (except to the sanitised Park area).

It got comodified by capitalism :yucky:
Original post by PQ
I am out...in a field in Pilton watching lively music instead of radiohead.

I saw radiohead headline glasto 20 years ago. They were naff live then (loved their albums but it's not music for sharing IMO) and there's 4-5 better options on the lineup tonight.

Dizzy was absolutely amazing.

Na get out I can feel the atmosphere from my tv screen! Don't get me wrong I love dizzee but if I had the choice I'd choose Radiohead every time
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
It got comodified by capitalism :yucky:

An event which donates millions every year to Oxfam, Greenpeace and Wateraid, has a mainstage presence for CND and has nearly 1/3 of attendees gaining access through working?

Trust me the hippies are still here.
Original post by Bezoar
Na get out I can feel the atmosphere from my tv screen! Don't get me wrong I love dizzee but if I had the choice I'd choose Radiohead every time

You can feel the atmosphere from your tv screen better than I can stood in the middle of the crowds :confused:
Original post by PQ
You can feel the atmosphere from your tv screen better than I can stood in the middle of the crowds :confused:

:lol: I didn't say that! just said I can feel the Radiohead atmosphere just from watching on tv and it looks amazing. Everyone has their own preferences for live music I guess haha

Quick Reply

Latest