The Student Room Group

GTA V, the GREATEST game ever made?

GTA V is so immersive and so much content is added to it years after it was made.

I fear a lack of new ideas as most 'triple A games' (reboots and sequels)
(Cod, Gears of War, ext)

(GTA V wasn't an original, but the ideas it brought made it on a whole new level)

What is, in your opinion the greatest game ever made?
and
Do you fear a lack of creativity in the video game industry?

Scroll to see replies

GTA V took years to make, while yearly cycle games like COD have less time for development, perhaps that is why?
I sometimes wish they would stop making new content for the current GTA so they can bring out GTA 6 sooner...
(but the fact the DLC is free is incredible, and shows they care about players!)
It's a great game, far from the best ever though.

Original post by trendingNOW
I sometimes wish they would stop making new content for the current GTA so they can bring out GTA 6 sooner...
(but the fact the DLC is free is incredible, and shows they care about players!)

Oh yeah, banning the mod tools on PC i.e. one of the most enjoyable experiences on GTA, for no clear reason... they must LOVE their players :rofl:

Not releasing any DLC on single player so players are forced to buy it online for extortionat prices? They really care about the players.
Not anymore.
Anyone else feel like this OP is overexcited in all their posts?
GTA V took years to make, while yearly cycle games like COD have less time for development, perhaps that is why?

The developers of GTA made several other games between releases in the GTA series, while the COD series is produced by two different developers who solely release COD games, releasing one game every two or three years each. I'm not saying you're wrong that Rockstar put more care and attention into GTA, but it's not really accurate to compare one studio handling multiple series to a pair of studios that share a single franchise because it's inevitably going to be easier for them.
Red Dead was better.
Reply 10
GTA V is so immersive and so much content is added to it years after it was made.

I fear a lack of new ideas as most 'triple A games' (reboots and sequels)
(Cod, Gears of War, ext)

(GTA V wasn't an original, but the ideas it brought made it on a whole new level)

What is, in your opinion the greatest game ever made?
and
Do you fear a lack of creativity in the video game industry?

GTAV is brilliant, they rethought so many things, and multiple characters was a good idea, also the idea of multiple storylines is good. COD has been getting worse over the years, i sadly had to buy infinite warfare just to play modern warfare, apart from zombies, Infinite warfare is so bad. Modern warfare 2 is still the best imo.

Although CODs been going downhill, I'm actually super excited for COD:WW2, theyre gonna make a huge comeback with that.

I only play FIFA, COD and GTA so i cant comment on other things. Hitman has a free trial on the PS store which I'm gonna download, it looks pretty good. But I think GTA is the heart of modern gaming in many aspects
(edited 6 years ago)
I really do value the extra details developers put into their games, this is why I also immensley enjoy Bethesda games
Negatory:

[video="youtube;GWVtZJo-HqI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWVtZJo-HqI[/video]

(GTA Online doesn't hold a candle to it, either.)
Agreed.
Lmfao no. Unless you're 12 and enjoy watching the "sidemen".

It's a good game, I really enjoyed it. But there's definitely better games out there.
such as?
Reply 16
Original post by Profesh
Negatory:

[video="youtube;GWVtZJo-HqI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWVtZJo-HqI[/video]

(GTA Online doesn't hold a candle to it, either.)

I hate the tiny dot thing to shoot, if you have a big TV and sit on the sofa it’s almost impossible to see. So annoying, they should’ve have a ring around it
Reply 17
Original post by zayn008
I hate the tiny dot thing to shoot, if you have a big TV and sit on the sofa it’s almost impossible to see. So annoying, they should’ve have a ring around it

You noob. You can change that.
Reply 18
Original post by Feel_me
You noob. You can change that.

Haha wow! Can you tell me how?
Nope, not at all.

Latest