The Student Room Group

GIRLS ONLY -- Toilets at festivals and maybe wearing a Nappy :D

I am planning on going to Leeds Fest in August and this is my first big festival.:elefant: What I am not looking forward to is the toilet situation... My friend has told me some horror stories about them including people rocking the portable loos. not always being in easy to reach places and also not being free (long lines).

As I have mentioned in previous posts (sorry for coming on here to rant about loos and experinces lol.. Happy that my sisters school situation is now solved :smile: ). I DRINK a lotsof water anyway.... but I mainly plan on drinking more than water if i'm at a festival :danceboy: Now i've thought about using a she-wee device... but this might not awlays be possible if I'm stuck in large crowds and I actaully have quite a weak baldder (been to doctors and everything... not much can be done). So I have come to the conclusion that the best way forward is to wear soemething like drynites pants or another kind of adult nappy that I will wear just in case the worst happens and I get caught short... I've used them in exams in the past as well... would not have got through without them :biggrin: haha

What do other people do at festivals?? I've heard they are cracking down on letting people pee in the feilds. :frown: <3 x

Scroll to see replies

Did I just hear adult nappies? Where has this been all my life :-'(.

Yes I needed an awkward toilet break during my exam cause of too much drinking + weak bladder.

How do they work? Aren't they uncomfortable?
Reply 2
Lol, so you're paying to go to this festival and planning to **** yourself throughout your stay...

Your arse is going to have dried poo in it until you come back home and wash it properly, ngl that's grim man.

The only solace you can take from your situation is that the thousands of people around you are equally as dirty.
Reply 3
Hey I went to Reading festival for the first time last year which is equivalent to Leeds, so I am sure it will be very similar.

I wouldn't worry at all about toilets, I always found there were so many so the maximum time I was waiting was around 10 minutes. The toilets at the campsite weren't actually portaloos but more these large constructions in which you had to walk up a stepladder to get to and they were all connected, so no one could rock them- the worst thing was just the smell!

In the arena you get proper toilets in small buildings just for males and females which are actually pretty clean, so they were like a luxury compared to the ones in the camps.

I don't think you need to be worried about it- although it is a festival it has standards and well organised so it is never going to be that bad that you won't be able to go to the toilet. I was even on my period last year and managed to survive and have fun so just go and enjoy it and don't stress :smile:
Reply 4
I went to V Festival last year and once it got dark both nights there were plenty of women squatting at the sides of the arena and no one took any notice
Reply 5
I wish, when I read "GIRLS ONLY" I listened and didn't click on this thread. Please, if you're a male and you haven't clicked on this thread, DON'T DO IT.

...wait.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by butfirst_coffee
Did I just hear adult nappies? Where has this been all my life :-'(.

Yes I needed an awkward toilet break during my exam cause of too much drinking + weak bladder.

How do they work? Aren't they uncomfortable?

Yes :biggrin: Hot days and lots of water needed to stay focusssed... I didn't want to cut into my exam time so it seemed my only option :biggrin: <3 x
Reply 7
Original post by Pirko
Lol, so you're paying to go to this festival and planning to **** yourself throughout your stay...

Your arse is going to have dried poo in it until you come back home and wash it properly, ngl that's grim man.

The only solace you can take from your situation is that the thousands of people around you are equally as dirty.

I am NOT lanning on ******** in them lol.... I said a weak baldder not a weak bowel :biggrin: I will scedule that in first thing in the morning :wink: haha
Toilets are bad but not as bad as walking around with a soiled nappy ! Just hold your breath and go for it, you'll be ok
Reply 9
You have a liking towards toilets it seems.
Reply 10
Original post by Supernova91
Toilets are bad but not as bad as walking around with a soiled nappy ! Just hold your breath and go for it, you'll be ok

That's if I can get to them :O :biggrin: Weak baldder :P I'll be a happy bunny If they are not full and are within easy reach... If i used the nappy I would chnage at my first opportunity... bit like a period pad. x
Original post by gemgemsimp
That's if I can get to them :O :biggrin: Weak baldder :P I'll be a happy bunny If they are not full and are within easy reach... If i used the nappy I would chnage at my first opportunity... bit like a period pad. x

I wouldn't let it ruin the experience !! The whole festival vibe is amazing, it'll be the last thing you're thinking of when you get there , honest :biggrin: !
Disgusting, walking around in your filth- at least majority of TSR deposit their filth here
Reply 13
so what do others do at festivals?? or is it just a question of making it and if not who gives a ****... everyone else is covered in mud etc anyway... do people just piss anywhere or piss themsves if they can't get to the dirty loos?? lol
Original post by Supernova91

I like nappies.
I can't imagine walking around with your buttocks coated in your own excrement and urine to be very pleasant, unless you intend on changing your own nappies.
Reply 16
Original post by _gcx
I can't imagine walking around with your buttocks coated in your own excrement and urine to be very pleasant, unless you intend on changing your own nappies.

for the last time.... I DO NOT PLAN ON CRAPPING THEM.. I have a weak bladder not bowel!! And of course I plan of changing them as soon as possibe... a bit like a period pad. FYI!!
for the last time.... I DO NOT PLAN ON CRAPPING THEM.. I have a weak bladder not bowel!! And of course I plan of changing them as soon as possibe... a bit like a period pad. FYI!!

Right. Well, if you want to do it, then do it. It'd be considered slightly odd by others, but you do you :P (still can't imagine it being very pleasant whatever the case is)
Reply 18
Original post by _gcx
Right. Well, if you want to do it, then do it. It'd be considered slightly odd by others, but you do you :P (still can't imagine it being very pleasant whatever the case is)

Better than wetting myself and everyone around me knowing that has happened :frown:
Better than wetting myself and everyone around me knowing that has happened :frown:

Well, yes, I suppose, but in a concert environment I doubt people would notice anyway.