The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Engineering applicants 2017 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KulawiT
what were your previous conditions and what did you get?

A*AA for Computer Science MEng, but got rejected, AAA offer now for BEng Mechanical.
Predicted A*A*A still waiting for results tho.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 141
Original post by sebsword
I still have 30 days to decide, but it's my only offer (ucas extra) so for me it's either that or a gap year, so I definitely get the feeling of not wanting 2 make a mistake.

I feel you :/ A gap year could be an amazing time to learn new things and experience a bit of freedom before University. You also have a bit more time to decide which University you are really interested in. However, UCL is still a fantastic school albeit this particular department isn't the greatest.
Original post by maturk
I feel you :/ A gap year could be an amazing time to learn new things and experience a bit of freedom before University. You also have a bit more time to decide which University you are really interested in. However, UCL is still a fantastic school albeit this particular department isn't the greatest.

As someone who went to the UCL academy for A-levels, I now know not to make the mistake of choosing UCL just because of the name. It's a shame more students haven't been able to talk about their experience of the course but oh well. Hopefully UCL can fix whatever issues they're having in their engineering department, and who knows maybe I'll apply again next year 😂

Good luck though to anyone's who's chosen it as their firm
Original post by sebsword
As someone who went to the UCL academy for A-levels, I now know not to make the mistake of choosing UCL just because of the name. It's a shame more students haven't been able to talk about their experience of the course but oh well. Hopefully UCL can fix whatever issues they're having in their engineering department, and who knows maybe I'll apply again next year 😂

Good luck though to anyone's who's chosen it as their firm

I've been there 4 times and everytime I go something adds to my excitement for choosing it as my firm. Idk about you but obviously you haven't looked at the department close enough or asked enough questions. I asked a professor as to why the department was receiving a backlash and he flat out said tot me yes we had problems but we've drastically improved. Yeah he's a professor who works there and its his job to big it up but i then went and asked the students (you know, the ones who've been in the departments for 1-5 years) and they said the same thing.
I'm scared I'm not gonna meet the AAA offer for BiomedicalEng because of C4
Original post by TastyPinkHair

Don't let it get to you, its happened and you can't change anything. Keep your head up and on the off chance you'd not meet your offer (hope this isn't the case ever with anyone), then if you have picked a suitable insurance you're fine :smile:

Chin up, enjoy the summer!
Original post by BluntBluster
I've been there 4 times and everytime I go something adds to my excitement for choosing it as my firm. Idk about you but obviously you haven't looked at the department close enough or asked enough questions. I asked a professor as to why the department was receiving a backlash and he flat out said tot me yes we had problems but we've drastically improved. Yeah he's a professor who works there and its his job to big it up but i then went and asked the students (you know, the ones who've been in the departments for 1-5 years) and they said the same thing.

Good to see they've improved then, but yea, as someone who initially applied to another course and only got an offer through extra I didn't get the chance to ask all the questions I normally would have. But hey, at least you've put the information out there for those who never got the chance to visit in person.

Same mate I think im going to get AAB
Original post by KulawiT
Same mate I think im going to get AAB

In which subjects?
I am doing art, maths, physics

They messed up C4, M2 and added too many Phy questions, and what was paper 3???/ (math = ocr, phy = aqa)
Congrats everyone on your offers, hope to see you at UCL next year - current civil eng student there :smile: If you have any questions about the uni, feel free to ask! (Have friends from other depts and our courses interact a bit too so will probably be able to answer non-civil questions too)
Original post by theonetruequeen
Congrats everyone on your offers, hope to see you at UCL next year - current civil eng student there :smile: If you have any questions about the uni, feel free to ask! (Have friends from other depts and our courses interact a bit too so will probably be able to answer non-civil questions too)

Current Chem Eng student here, if you want one more friend hahaha
Original post by arch0wnz

Aww haha what year are you?
Original post by theonetruequeen
Aww haha what year are you?

Going into second now, you?
Hey guys, I currently hold an unconditional offer to study EEE. just wondering have any ungrads received their CAS from UCL yet?

Hey, was just wondering, do you know of any people for chemical engineering that were accepted yet just missed the entry requirements? (So got AAB instead of AAA) :smile:
Original post by Hibiscuso
Hey, was just wondering, do you know of any people for chemical engineering that were accepted yet just missed the entry requirements? (So got AAB instead of AAA) :smile:

Yeah one of my friends got in with A*AC
Yeah one of my friends got in with A*AC

Thanks for replying. Is that the only person that you know of that got accepted? :smile:
Original post by Hibiscuso
Thanks for replying. Is that the only person that you know of that got accepted? :smile:

No idea, nobody really talks or cares about the grades you got once you're at uni so I wouldn't know :frown:
No idea, nobody really talks or cares about the grades you got once you're at uni so I wouldn't know :frown:

Ahh okay, that's fair enough :smile: how did you find your first year and how bad was the workload aha? :biggrin:
In which subjects?
I am doing art, maths, physics

They messed up C4, M2 and added too many Phy questions, and what was paper 3???/ (math = ocr, phy = aqa)

Maths, physics, french

C3 and C4 i don't think I did well and same with D1 not sure bout M1

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending