The Student Room Group

Goldsmiths vs Brunel

Hi.
I am really struggling between attending Goldsmiths or Brunel for my MA. I am considering Media and Public Relations MA in Brunel or MA promotional media or MA Brands, communication and culture in Goldsmiths. I do really like the course structure in Goldsmiths but not the location and the ranking is a bit lower than Brunel, even though its University of London.
As for Brunel, I really wanted to be close to central so that doesn't give me that option, the course is okay and i'm fine with the location. I really want to make this an ideal choice as I tend to regret things easily.

Any thoughts will be greatly greatly appreciated.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Mimmah
Hi.
I am really struggling between attending Goldsmiths or Brunel for my MA. I am considering Media and Public Relations MA in Brunel or MA promotional media or MA Brands, communication and culture in Goldsmiths. I do really like the course structure in Goldsmiths but not the location and the ranking is a bit lower than Brunel, even though its University of London.
As for Brunel, I really wanted to be close to central so that doesn't give me that option, the course is okay and i'm fine with the location. I really want to make this an ideal choice as I tend to regret things easily.

Any thoughts will be greatly greatly appreciated.

If it were me, I'd go to Goldsmiths - it has the better overall reputation, and the Uni of London brand is more well-known abroad. That said, course content is the most important factor - look at the modules offered at each degree, which do you prefer?
Reply 2
Original post by Snufkin
If it were me, I'd go to Goldsmiths - it has the better overall reputation, and the Uni of London brand is more well-known abroad. That said, course content is the most important factor - look at the modules offered at each degree, which do you prefer?

Thank you Snufkin, weirdly I am considering another course at Birkbeck as Goldsmiths is a bit father from home and I do want the prestige from a Uni of London school as you mentioned.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending