The Student Room Group

KCL VS UCL VS Imperial

Please compare the three give pro and cons of each I am very interested to know how the three of them compare.

Scroll to see replies

Depends on what you wanna do at uni
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous1502
Please compare the three give pro and cons of each I am very interested to know how the three of them compare.

i applied for maths and didnt go to any of these but i still did the research.

imperial>ucl>kcl (again, depends on the course. this is for maths, and my opinion)
Reply 3
I applied for Classics. Decided on KCL over UCL and Imperial for their Arts and Humanities subjects specifically, but UCL over KCL for a lot of their more general stuff (like admin and overall student satisfaction). In the end, I did study for a while at King's and found the pastoral care and student support lacking, but the actual subject teaching generally very good.
Original post by Federerr
Depends on what you wanna do at uni

What I mean by compare is this:
x university is good at this while y university is good at that however both x and y are not good at this etc
Medicine-imperial/UCL tied,imperial has slightly better facilities but UCL has better student life etc, basically even then kcl
Humanities UCL in general may be specifics where kcl is better
Maths- imperial better than ucl better than kcl
Engineering- imperial then ucl/kcl

so no overall order but in sciences generally imperial is best, humanitites generally UCL is best while kcl fluctuates.
Reply 6

In my opinion Imperial, UCL and then KCL. Then again, that's just my opinion.
I've been to UCL and Kings.in my subject Political Science is have to say Kings then UCL (well it was Political Econ at Kings)

In general though UCL generally slightly better than Kings and no one cares about Imperial because there's no girls

If you want to do engineering or some sciencey thing then by all means Imperial
Original post by Trinculo
I've been to UCL and Kings.in my subject Political Science is have to say Kings then UCL (well it was Political Econ at Kings)

In general though UCL generally slightly better than Kings and no one cares about Imperial because there's no girls

If you want to do engineering or some sciencey thing then by all means Imperial

I do not care about girls I aspire to study medicine i care about quality of teaching and the campus to be honest.The one which has better facilities and prepares me the best for a future career in medicine is the university i would choose.
I do not care about girls I aspire to study medicine i care about quality of teaching and the campus to be honest.The one which has better facilities and prepares me the best for a future career in medicine is the university i would choose.

You dont care about girls now, youll spend your life from 18-24 in med school,you will want a few girls there lets be honest
Original post by Dwarf-Shortage
You dont care about girls now, youll spend your life from 18-24 in med school,you will want a few girls there lets be honest

I am a girl unbelievable
I am a girl unbelievable

Oh lmao don't I look a fool,tbh these little things only come into play in the unlikely scenario you have 2 offers.Apply to places with great facilities,teaching, connections, course structure,teaching hospital's, location,commuting, bsc variety etc. Just do your research essentially
I mean tbf do people really have time for relationships when they are studying 35-45 hours a week at uni?

kcl defo the best for student life,while ucl and imperial the on employees like the most.

Reference: Offer holder from all three Unis
Original post by manishahjee
kcl defo the best for student life,while ucl and imperial the on employees like the most.

Reference: Offer holder from all three Unis

I am personally not that interested in parties or going out.I like to have an early night and wake up early and do my studies in the early hours of the day.I really care about being well educated and just being surrounded by kind people.
have you thought about going to teesside?
I am personally not that interested in parties or going out.I like to have an early night and wake up early and do my studies in the early hours of the day.I really care about being well educated and just being surrounded by kind people.

Most people like that until a levels. Wait till uni lool
Original post by black1blade
I mean tbf do people really have time for relationships when they are studying 35-45 hours a week at uni?

Lol I do not know any pre-clinical medics who are doing 35 hours a week. All the 1-3rd year medics have plenty of time for at least one sport/soc and going out at least twice a week
I am a girl unbelievable

Then avoid Imperial, the lack of female competition will turn you into a crazy princess.

If you get offers from a few have a look around and move for your clinical if you don't like it

Original post by Dwarf-Shortage

If we're talking about imperial medicine, there are more females than males (in pretty much any medical school tbh).
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest