The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Marketing in Queen Mary/Lancaster/Leeds

Hello everyone! I'm currently experiencing some anxiety as I'm not sure which university to choose. I've applied to marketing programs in the UK and got offers from Leeds, Lancaster and Queen Mary's University. I understand all of them are great, but it seems Leeds and Lancaster are higher in all the rankings. However, Queen Mary is located in London and that's what I was looking for... Maybe someone has any advice?
I'm also looking forward to hear opinions on Queen Mary's Marketing department from current students or those who already graduated. Thanks!
Reply 1
Lol I have the same problem now... I chose QM as firm and Manchester as insurance. I chose QM because I love London, but now I'm quite anxious about the decision.. Any advice? Btw I'm gonna be doing Marketing too! Sorry for answering so late, I just found the comment.
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Original post by alealel
Lol I have the same problem now... I chose QM as firm and Manchester as insurance. I chose QM because I love London, but now I'm quite anxious about the decision.. Any advice? Btw I'm gonna be doing Marketing too! Sorry for answering so late, I just found the comment.

Hi I am doing marketing I'm in my second year now , what advice would you like ?
Reply 3
Hello! Thank you for your answer!!! I would like to know if it is far for central London, if the atmosphere and people are nice, also, if you generally like it! I want to do something to do with fashion in the future.. so I'd like to know if you do anything creative in the marketing subject. Furthermore, I'd like to know what residence you like the most! And, if there are other unis in London you find better..?
Original post by alealel
Hello! Thank you for your answer!!! I would like to know if it is far for central London, if the atmosphere and people are nice, also, if you generally like it! I want to do something to do with fashion in the future.. so I'd like to know if you do anything creative in the marketing subject. Furthermore, I'd like to know what residence you like the most! And, if there are other unis in London you find better..?

Hi, it's fairly close to central London by train , or car .. people should be nice I don't see why people should be rude haha unless they are just like that ... well, I'm the first yeAr you do 8 modules only one is related to marketing!! I can tell you a bit more aabout it if you private message me .. and what do you mean by residence ?
Reply 5
Hey there!

Lancaster & Leeds are top choices for that discpline. Queen Mary is just a decent university.

However, you should take into consideration the modules that are being offered by each university in order to see which of them are more inspirational to you.

I had the same offers for master degree and I picked Leeds not only for the reasons i said above but also because of the cost. I have booked accommodation with 400 pounds per month while in London I would pay 1000.
Original post by Tsitos111
Hey there!

Lancaster & Leeds are top choices for that discpline. Queen Mary is just a decent university.

However, you should take into consideration the modules that are being offered by each university in order to see which of them are more inspirational to you.

I had the same offers for master degree and I picked Leeds not only for the reasons i said above but also because of the cost. I have booked accommodation with 400 pounds per month while in London I would pay 1000.

Exactly queen Mary - they have in the first year economics , statistics & accounting as well as unrelated essay based subjects
Reply 7
Original post by melanies321
Exactly queen Mary - they have in the first year economics , statistics & accounting as well as unrelated essay based subjects

I thought we were talking about postgraduate studies not for undergraduate. My fault. Anyway, I believe that good university is a good university. I dont really believe that Queen Mary will deter you of having good opportunities in terms of job. The main thing you have to think about is the modules, the support of each university & the career service.

Your effort should be the same regardless of the university and its up to you to exploit and chase the opportunities that will be emerged.
I thought we were talking about postgraduate studies not for undergraduate. My fault. Anyway, I believe that good university is a good university. I dont really believe that Queen Mary will deter you of having good opportunities in terms of job. The main thing you have to think about is the modules, the support of each university & the career service.

Your effort should be the same regardless of the university and its up to you to exploit and chase the opportunities that will be emerged.

Hello, what do you mean by Queen Mary won't deter job opportunities ?
Reply 9
Hello, what do you mean by Queen Mary won't deter job opportunities ?

Good morning :smile:

I mean that is not that bad university to restrict you in terms of job oppurtunities.
Good morning :smile:

I mean that is not that bad university to restrict you in terms of job oppurtunities.

Afternoon, haha
But I've always wondered if that's really true 🤔 Like do they really have good rep where the job opportunities are concerned even if you get a 2:1?
Afternoon, haha
But I've always wondered if that's really true 🤔 Like do they really have good rep where the job opportunities are concerned even if you get a 2:1?

If you study in reputable university (among top25), normally you have good chances to get into a good job.

Although I have seen companies which ask 2.1, I dont really believe that plays so crucial role. In contrast, dissertation seems to be of great importance as you can "sale"it better to someone.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending