The Student Room Group
Canterbury Cathedral
Canterbury Christ Church University
Canterbury
Visit website

Retaking Modules

Has anyone retaken second year modules in the third year?

Basically there was 2 modules I struggled with and never attended the lectures or seminars and never done the assignments or attended the exams. The 4 other modules I got high 2.1s or 1sts in.

What do you think my resit opportunity will be?
Will I be able to retake the modules again in the third year and will they be capped grades? Will I have to resit them over the summer? Or will I have to retake the whole year again?
Original post by egreenstreet
Has anyone retaken second year modules in the third year?

Basically there was 2 modules I struggled with and never attended the lectures or seminars and never done the assignments or attended the exams. The 4 other modules I got high 2.1s or 1sts in.

What do you think my resit opportunity will be?
Will I be able to retake the modules again in the third year and will they be capped grades? Will I have to resit them over the summer? Or will I have to retake the whole year again?

Has your uni not contacted you?
Why did you not attend?
What did you think would happen?

Normally you are required to pass all modules to progress to third year.
Go and check with a student adviser the rules, which should be online.

Unless you have good reason then id expect them to prevent you progressing to year 3 unless you pass the resits. the resits will be in the Summer and i expect you to be capped at 40% on both.

Check the rules and you will know the options. Its alarming you can stick your head in the ground over these when you have done so well in the other modules.
Canterbury Cathedral
Canterbury Christ Church University
Canterbury
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending