The Student Room Group

The Harry Potter Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bizzy_penguin
Harry Potter 20th anniversary of the first book today! :tongue: :smile:

[video="youtube;gNyH3-uGDzQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNyH3-uGDzQ[/video]

anyone else watched this? made me sob a little

The internet has been showered with Harry Potter today and eeeeeee :woo:
Original post by Airmed
The internet has been showered with Harry Potter today and eeeeeee :woo:

ikr its a very happy day :yes: though I can't believe the times gone so fast
also have no money because it got spent on HP merch
ikr its a very happy day :yes: though I can't believe the times gone so fast
also have no money because it got spent on HP merch

I went back to the HP store and got a Niffler plush toy last week :colondollar:
Reply 163
So if you type "harry potter" in a Facebook status now it gives you a wand on screen
Pretty neat
Original post by Airmed
I went back to the HP store and got a Niffler plush toy last week :colondollar:

omg! (so did I when I went) My Mum is jealous of him. They're cute aren't they? :smile:
Coming out of the HP studios, I think my Dad was literally in shock from the price of everything... :redface:
omg! (so did I when I went) My Mum is jealous of him. They're cute aren't they? :smile:
Coming out of the HP studios, I think my Dad was literally in shock from the price of everything... :redface:

That was @Paracosm when we went in April and they all watched me be an excited child.
Original post by Airmed
That was @Paracosm when we went in April and they all watched me be an excited child.

and how much did you spend :shock:
Original post by Paracosm
and how much did you spend :shock:

over a hundred quid but it was worth it and you liked the Hedwig plush
Original post by Airmed
over a hundred quid but it was worth it and you liked the Hedwig plush

fluffy :gah:
Original post by Paracosm
fluffy :gah:

Gonna get the Dobby plush next :awesome:
Bought the 4 editions of each house for the philosophers stone, they're too gorgeous not to get the set :colondollar:
There won't ever be a series like Harry Potter ever again, its so unique. I feel so lucky I was only a young kid when the Philosophers Stone came out, I think it was probably the first ever book I read independently. Reading is so important from a young age to broaden children's imaginations and develop the brain. If only more kids these days picked up a book and got lost inside rather than picking up an ipad or a Iphone. Harry Potter is truly a magical place to get lost in, it really was revolutionary!
Original post by Malevolent
Bought the 4 editions of each house for the philosophers stone, they're too gorgeous not to get the set :colondollar:

I've seen them in the shops - they look beautiful :colondollar: very very very tempted to get them even though its the same book

Original post by SJD1992
There won't ever be a series like Harry Potter ever again, its so unique. I feel so lucky I was only a young kid when the Philosophers Stone came out, I think it was probably the first ever book I read independently. Reading is so important from a young age to broaden children's imaginations and develop the brain. If only more kids these days picked up a book and got lost inside rather than picking up an ipad or a Iphone. Harry Potter is truly a magical place to get lost in, it really was revolutionary!

yes it is & still is! :smile: don't think the series will ever end
not to mention the series may have shaped a lot of people and who they are today
I've seen them in the shops - they look beautiful :colondollar: very very very tempted to get them even though its the same book

yes it is & still is! :smile: don't think the series will ever end
not to mention the series may have shaped a lot of people and who they are today

Really should they're absolutely stunning! It's pricey but there is a paperback version which is very nice too! :h:
guys Radio 2's Friday night is music night is currently playing a load of HP music for the whole programme (ilhopefully) due to the 20th anniversary
:smile:
Hey - may I slytherin and join this thread?
Original post by Jack22031994
Hey - may I slytherin and join this thread?

:yes: you can
I mis-read initially and thought your post said "I'm in slytherin" :redface: :smile:
:yes: you can
I mis-read initially and thought your post said "I'm in slytherin" :redface: :smile:

ah haha. Im a proud Ravenclaw :smile:
Hi, I'm reading all the books again :smile:. My favorite character is Hermione, I loved her since I read the first book when I was little. And I also loved that Emma watson played her. What's your favorite moment so far?
Harry Potter is one of my favourite book series ever. I love how detailed the world is and how Rowling created characters with a range of personalities, not to mention Hermione's character crushing the patriarchy. I'm a proud Ravenclaw and had no regrets buying the merch at the HP Studio Tour last week (would definitely recommend it, they have the forbidden forest in there now and the original costumes in for the summer!!)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending