The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MrsMars
I'm not really sure how I feel to be honest.

Today I finally went to get help for my mental health concerns and was prescribed antidepressants. I'm completely blank. I dont know how I feel avout taking them and part of me loathes myself for needing them.

I think I was expecting it to feel better once I had spoken someone who can help, but it hasn't and I'm disappointed in myself, and feel like I'm being ungrateful.

I'm sorry to hear that :frown: It's not being ungrateful. If it's not helping then you just need to seek other forms of help.
Original post by KittenMediaya
**** ***** mods please ban me from TSR i'm unintentionally making a mess

It's okay, we are all here for you :console: don't worry about any mess, we can deal with all that :h: Sometimes it's just good to not bottle up and to let out your mind to someone or some people, I've been through it all before.

I promise send me a PM with anything you got to say, I won't judge or take anything heart. Sometimes we just need somebody to talk to :smile:
Perhaps we can make your day better :h:
The gym is more expensive than I thought :/ I'm broke af
Original post by Kraggor
It's okay, we are all here for you :console: don't worry about any mess, we can deal with all that :h: Sometimes it's just good to not bottle up and to let out your mind to someone or some people, I've been through it all before.

I promise send me a PM with anything you got to say, I won't judge or take anything heart. Sometimes we just need somebody to talk to :smile:
Perhaps we can make your day better :h:

Thank you so much :hugs: i feel better :colondollar:
Thank you so much :hugs: i feel better :colondollar:

No worries :h: If you ever need to get anything out or just want to chat my doors are always open :console:

If you want, I can even be your human punching bag :smile: or just a friend or both :biggrin:
Original post by Kraggor
No worries :h: If you ever need to get anything out or just want to chat my doors are always open :console:

If you want, I can even be your human punching bag :smile: or just a friend or both :biggrin:

This means so much :colondollar: thanks. I know the offer is there :smile:
This means so much :colondollar: thanks. I know the offer is there :smile:

You're the most welcome, offer is always there 24/7 :smile:
OMG :frown: :frown: :frown: :cry: :cry2:
Can't speak rn
Please no
? :frown: :hugs:
Original post by qasim_96
I'm sorry to hear that :frown: It's not being ungrateful. If it's not helping then you just need to seek other forms of help.

I haven't even given it a chance to help. I only spoke to the doctor, and she gave me meds and referred me for therapy. I just feel like I should feel better now that I've opened up and my illness, but I don't and it's disappointing.
Original post by MrsMars
I haven't even given it a chance to help. I only spoke to the doctor, and she gave me meds and referred me for therapy. I just feel like I should feel better now that I've opened up and my illness, but I don't and it's disappointing.

When you're in that state of mind it it feels like nothing will ever help and you always feel like you're useless. What's helped me is trying to take my mind off the issues. Find something to do. I've been trying to make friends on this site and just talked to them who have helped cheer me up. You could also try and find someone to talk to as this will help take your mind off :biggrin: Hope you feel better soon :smile:
What's up? :hugs::frown:
What's up? :hugs::frown:

Hey. It's okay :hugs:
:colonhash: spit it lol

Spoiler

:colonhash: spit it lol

Spoiler

hey. it's okay. i replied... the first place we met. Saw it :/
the first place we met...aw you remember :cry2: i'm so sorry i made you sad :cry2: :hugs:
Ill. Blergh. :frown:
Pretty lonely rn :s:
Deflated
Headache and a really bad neck pain when i look up or stretch it :s-smilie: i might be getting a cold 😩

Stressed as well. Mock exam on friday for chemistry 😭 everyone expects so much from me, especially parents. If you tell them to chill it's only an exam, they will start their 'khutba'. So i be quiet and avoid them. Mainly my dad, mum's chill tbh.
#AsianDads

Latest