The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

That's me done... hello clearing

And I also think I need to take out shares in a company that makes tissues the amount I've cried today... I've barely stopped since my exam finished at 11 this morning
Original post by rayofsunshine98

And I also think I need to take out shares in a company that makes tissues the amount I've cried today... I've barely stopped since my exam finished at 11 this morning

was it chem?

if it was, It was probs fine, the questions were really subjective
Original post by RobertTaylorUK
was it chem?

if it was, It was probs fine, the questions were really subjective

Yeah it was chem, except from the fact I got a 105% yield and the pH question I also made a complete mess of, so it's not looking good. I also made a major hash of most of my maths, although there are issues with teaching in maths, and my tutor is going to write to my college and explain the situation to them, so hopefully if I get like A*A*B with B in maths, they will look relatively favourably on it (I had to teach myself like 90% of the stuff I needed for exams this year in maths).
Original post by rayofsunshine98

I was telling @wolfmoon88 I had a nightmare about clearing (basically missed Cam offer and Durham insurance offer, and UCAS without my consent put me into a course at a university I really didn't want to go to.. I was a bit annoyed) last night. Don't worry, I made a mess of my exams too. We can do it :redface: Try and enjoy your summer though!
Does anyone remember that troll from the applicants thread back when we were having three hour long debates over chocolate?

Screen Shot 2017-06-27 at 19.39.05.png

:lol:
hello guys! thought i'd pop my head in to see how everyone was doing with exams and how you're feeling abut results day. (you may remember me - post interviewee rejectee and still proud to have gotten that far lol)
Original post by CutieTootsie
hello guys! thought i'd pop my head in to see how everyone was doing with exams and how you're feeling abut results day. (you may remember me - post interviewee rejectee and still proud to have gotten that far lol)

And proud you should be! You should stay and chat now and again :biggrin: I feel crumby and don't think I'll pull my A*A*A offer for History, but I think we established that on @jamestg's thread. I'm just living in hope that I make it or I didn't mess up as badly as I think. It's a lot harder to tell for humanities.
Original post by SteamboatMickey
And proud you should be! You should stay and chat now and again :biggrin: I feel crumby and don't think I'll pull my A*A*A offer for History, but I think we established that on @jamestg's thread. I'm just living in hope that I make it or I didn't mess up as badly as I think. It's a lot harder to tell for humanities.

i can only just imagine. not a huge fan of essay based subjects lol
i can only just imagine. not a huge fan of essay based subjects lol

I love love love writing essays! I just.... like it when I do a good job... and don't throw away my future :tongue:

Still going. Exams dont finish until thursday for me, so I'm still nose to the grindstone. Stress about results day is going through the roof right now, I had a horrible C4 exam so I'm really worried about my maths grade (supposed to be top 2 or 3 in my school), but I'm weirdly excited for it to roll around since it marks the end of my compulsory education.
Original post by an_atheist
Still going. Exams dont finish until thursday for me, so I'm still nose to the grindstone. Stress about results day is going through the roof right now, I had a horrible C4 exam so I'm really worried about my maths grade (supposed to be top 2 or 3 in my school), but I'm weirdly excited for it to roll around since it marks the end of my compulsory education.

okay

1. i did that exam too. too many substitution of fractions and surds for my liking to feel confident in gaining accuracy marks
2. sure you'll be one of the peeps who gets fantastic grades anyway
3. good luck for physics on thursday
4. I thought GCSEs was the end to compulsory education - feel a bit stupid now lol
I thought GCSEs was the end to compulsory education - feel a bit stupid now lol

Fairly sure it is.

You still need to be in education of some sort until you are 18 - an apprenticeship will generally include some study at a FE college or similar.
Original post by Doonesbury
You can ask :smile:

What do you *think* you got in STEP II and III?

Obviously can never be too sure until the 17th but I'd guess a low 1 or high 2 in STEP II and then a 3 at best in STEP III

I suppose if you don't ask, you don't get
Original post by Forecast
I have heard of multiple people who missed their maths offer being offered places for physical natsci, but I think it's generally people who got 4 A*s (maths, FM, physics and chemistry). If you don't manage to get a place this year then you would probably make a strong post A-level applicant for natsci next year if that takes your fancy.

Suppose it's the next best thing, I looked and there's similar modules, and a couple of the ones I wanted to do in maths. I know if you do maths with physics you can switch to physics at the end of year 1. You know if it's possible to do the other way round?
okay

1. i did that exam too. too many substitution of fractions and surds for my liking to feel confident in gaining accuracy marks
2. sure you'll be one of the peeps who gets fantastic grades anyway
3. good luck for physics on thursday
4. I thought GCSEs was the end to compulsory education - feel a bit stupid now lol

1. My issue was with the differential equation and the find d part of the vectors question. The rest was pretty nice for me. I just have very high standards for myself in maths exams. Horrible in the original post means I think my overall mark is going ot be about 60.
2. Thank you
3. See 2.
4. GCSE is the end of school, as someone else said you need to be in education of one form or another until you're 18.

good luck with your remainng exams (i'm assuming you have at least physics remaining)
Original post by Olliesquire
Suppose it's the next best thing, I looked and there's similar modules, and a couple of the ones I wanted to do in maths. I know if you do maths with physics you can switch to physics at the end of year 1. You know if it's possible to do the other way round?

If you do maths with physics, you can switch to either maths or physics in second year. But maths and physics has the same STEP requirements as straight maths.

If you're asking whether you can switch from NatSci to Maths, it's unlikely but not impossible.
Original post by Olliesquire

No, most likely not, you would be way too behind in IA material and probably wouldn't be good enough at maths at that current moment in time.
Original post by Zacken
If you do maths with physics, you can switch to either maths or physics in second year. But maths and physics has the same STEP requirements as straight maths.

If you're asking whether you can switch from NatSci to Maths, it's unlikely but not impossible.

Ah fair enough that might be my best bet then. Much appreciated.
Original post by an_atheist

good luck with your remainng exams (i'm assuming you have at least physics remaining)

NOPE - i'm all done! i stupidly picked biology over physics which OCR have messed up completely if you've heard anything about it in the news.

Latest

Trending

Trending