The Student Room Group

asking to cancel these stupid changes in A Level and GCSE

how can we do this??? These new specifications are future killers.

PS Didn't know where to post this thread. Please move it appropriate.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by the_queen

Talk to your MP. They probably have no idea what's changed and how much it is affecting students.

Pretty sure this was also said this when O-Levels changed to GCSE's. The thing is, theyd go on strike if they were brought back :lol:

At the end of the day, if youre smarter enough, you wont have an issue, will you?

Plus, get used to it, Universities can (and do) change stuff year on year. (as well as the real world)
Well its a bit late cos I've finished my exams now, so I don't care anymore. The new A levels are not even hard, instead of whining these
Yutes need to start working harder. If Everyone is finding a subject hard then most people will do badly and grade boundaries will be lower, so top students will get top grades and bad students will get bad grades, nothings really gonna change unless they reduce the percentage of people getting top grades.
Reply 4
Original post by Khanman123
Well its a bit late cos I've finished my exams now, so I don't care anymore. The new A levels are not even hard, instead of whining these
Yutes need to start working harder. If Everyone is finding a subject hard then most people will do badly and grade boundaries will be lower, so top students will get top grades and bad students will get bad grades, nothings really gonna change unless they reduce the percentage of people getting top grades.

in my opinion it is a lot harder. Different style in asking questions, more tricky, more specific mark schemes than previous years, plus there is not AS part of A Level which makes things even harder.
in my opinion it is a lot harder. Different style in asking questions, more tricky, more specific mark schemes than previous years, plus there is not AS part of A Level which makes things even harder.

What do you think happens at university?
Reply 6

This isn't a bad thing, it's easier to differentiate between the higher leveled students this way.
Reply 7
Start an online petition

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
with such an opinion, they can put endless pressure on us, with whatever they dream on night.....

Some people deserve their fate.....
Original post by MeYou2Night
Pretty sure this was also said this when O-Levels changed to GCSE's. The thing is, theyd go on strike if they were brought back :lol:

At the end of the day, if youre smarter enough, you wont have an issue, will you?

Plus, get used to it, Universities can (and do) change stuff year on year. (as well as the real world)

If I'm not mistaken there were two big differences there -

O-levels changing to GCSEs coincided more or less with the introduction of lots of new universities, and you could go to university at the time with hardly any A-levels at all.

O-levels were really, really hard and GCSEs by comparison really easy, so it was going from a tough regime to an easy one, not (as is suggested) the other way around.

why do you want it to go back?
Reply 11
Original post by Trinculo
why do you want it to go back?

it is obviously more doable
it is obviously more doable

You actually mean easier right?
Reply 13
Original post by Jack22031994
What do you think happens at university?

from university you can always withdraw if you can not cope with stress, but without good grades at A Levels you have no chance to find a job even if you were a good student in your high school
from university you can always withdraw if you can not cope with stress, but without good grades at A Levels you have no chance to find a job even if you were a good student in your high school

And if you're smarter enough, you'll get them. Nothing wrong with making standards higher. This is why we are behind quite a lot of the world on things.
Reply 15
did you take your A Levels this year?

first time hurts the most, you'll get used to it after a few years.
Reply 17
And if you're smarter enough, you'll get them. Nothing wrong with making standards higher. This is why we are behind quite a lot of the world on things.

you really think so??
you really think so??

Yes. Why wouldn't I?
Reply 19

Pure unbridled autism on display here

Quick Reply

Latest