The Student Room Group
Liverpool John Moores University
Liverpool

Accommodation- Liverpool John Moores

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Catriona132
I was wondering what the best options are for accommodation are for me while studying Psychology at LJMU. I don't particularly care for en-suite, but would love great facilities and a good location (in terms of night-life and also for the course). I really don't know where to begin so bit of a guide (in any depth) would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks :smile:

Hi Catriona,

I've applied for psychology as well at ljmu the accommodation I've gone for is the glassworks which are en suite, the accommodation isn't too far away from the lectures 0.3mile I believe I've seen. As for nightlife it's about half a mile from Matthew street as well :smile:
Hope this helps,
Greg
Liverpool
Original post by GregJames91
Hi Catriona,

I've applied for psychology as well at ljmu the accommodation I've gone for is the glassworks which are en suite, the accommodation isn't too far away from the lectures 0.3mile I believe I've seen. As for nightlife it's about half a mile from Matthew street as well :smile:
Hope this helps,
Greg

Cheers for the reply Greg! I've gone for Marybone 1- it made the most sense to me! The glassworks look lovely though I was really considering there too. Thanks again for the reply
- Catriona
Original post by Catriona132
Cheers for the reply Greg! I've gone for Marybone 1- it made the most sense to me! The glassworks look lovely though I was really considering there too. Thanks again for the reply
- Catriona

Not a problem catriona, i was looking at Marybone before i came across the glassworks but I'm just glad to get the accommodation sorted now one less thing to worry about lol
Reply 23
I am going to be studying wilidlife conversation at LJMU james parson building and I applied for glassworks as I noticed it to be new and looking quite nice as well as being close to my University building. However, upon looking up reviews there just seems to be nothing about glassworks...I like a party, I like a bit of communal space, maybe a bit of garden too, can anybody advise if I have made a mistake? Is the accommodation I am staying in quiet? Will it being boring essentially.
Original post by MrKnop
I am going to be studying wilidlife conversation at LJMU james parson building and I applied for glassworks as I noticed it to be new and looking quite nice as well as being close to my University building. However, upon looking up reviews there just seems to be nothing about glassworks...I like a party, I like a bit of communal space, maybe a bit of garden too, can anybody advise if I have made a mistake? Is the accommodation I am staying in quiet? Will it being boring essentially.

There is communal space at the glassworks I believe it will be on the ground floor and am not to sure about it being quiet but rather it is what you make it I would have thought in all truth.
Reply 25
Original post by GregJames91
There is communal space at the glassworks I believe it will be on the ground floor and am not to sure about it being quiet but rather it is what you make it I would have thought in all truth.

Yeah that's true mate! I was just thinking of obviously being with like minded people who mostly are up for the same thing and not being too quiet! I did look at grand central but seen that it is probably one of those contracts to not go near, its a hard choice as don't want to be stuck there in a contract just no way of making my mind up.
Original post by ellieoconnell99
I applied for byrom point as my 1st choice for accommodation, and glassworks and Marybone 2 for 2nd and 3rd option!! LJMU is my firm and insurance choice, I'm hopefully going to be studying computer games development or computer security :smile:

Hey Ellie! I'm studying computer games development too at ljmu this September and I've booked byrom point 😊
Reply 27
Hi, I'm going to be studying events management in September and I'm stuck between the choice of halls or private accommodation. I am currently 23 but wil be 24 at the start of the course so classed as a mature student. I still want to have a good time and enjoy uni life (going out etc) but would it be possible for me to be grouped with older people?

Also, I have a car but I have seen most halls charge a lot for a space so would I be best to sell it or leave it at home?
Hey,

If you speak to the accommodation team, they can try and put you with people around the same age: +44 (0) 151 231 4166 / [email protected].

I was 24 when I started, and rented privately outside the city centre, which did isolate me a little. Halls are a good idea for you, but I totally get asking about a similar age group, the age gap isn't massive but I think you would feel it living with 18 year olds. Try email accommodation? I'm pretty sure I've asked about this before.

There's always house shares too, people living in them will be in their 20s.

Also, I'd leave the car at home! x

Original post by hayes123
Hi, I'm going to be studying events management in September and I'm stuck between the choice of halls or private accommodation. I am currently 23 but wil be 24 at the start of the course so classed as a mature student. I still want to have a good time and enjoy uni life (going out etc) but would it be possible for me to be grouped with older people?

Also, I have a car but I have seen most halls charge a lot for a space so would I be best to sell it or leave it at home?
Reply 29
Original post by hayes123

Hey,
I will be 22 when I start and I've already secured my place for accommodation. I very much doubt the age gap will matter too much, as for the noise I have heard that Marybone is a safe bet - central, good value and not one of the 'party party' halls..
I'm so excited to start!
Original post by amy-lucy
I just applied for my accommodation today and i went for the arch is anyone else here applied for the arch, I'm goignt to be studying law

I have applied for law too
Anyone applied for europa
Original post by MrKnop

Hi There,

I'm just going to jump in here and and suggest that you come along for a viewing at Europa student accommodation. We have got an Open Day on 23rd March but you can arrange another time if your unavailable on this date.
We are 15 minutes walk from James Parson Building LJMU.
We have an amazing site with nearly 600 rooms and an amazing community feel.
You can take a look on our Facebook page for plenty of reviews and an idea in to what social events we have on for our fabulous students.
I have attached a number of photographs for you to take a look at and if you need any questions answering please contact our team on :

Tel: 0151 260 5672 Mobile: 07545 204 522

Fresh Student Living, Europa,

190 Erskine Street, Livrepool, L6 1AH
Original post by Happytafara
Anyone applied for europa

Hi Happytafara,

Will you be staying with us in September?. I only ask because if you have not yet been introduced to your flatmates, I can help.
I can forward your email address to your future buddies if you wish.
Plus if you have any questions at all, please let me know.
You can contact me on 0151 2605672 or email [email protected]
Have a great day

Clare :smile:
Reply 34
Hi my friend and I are struggling to choose accommodation, we are studying in the Redmonds building and tom Reilly building I think so we are trying to find accommodation that is quite close to both and also not too far away from nightlife etc. Preferably somewhere with an ensuite that is lively, do you have any recommendations? Thanks
Reply 35
Hello IkarosM!!I am also a prospective PhD student and currently I am looking for options near my Department which in in the Engineering domain. Your offer sounds attractive. Could you kindly post the link of the appartment in here??Thank you :smile:
Original post by narlem
Hello IkarosM!!I am also a prospective PhD student and currently I am looking for options near my Department which in in the Engineering domain. Your offer sounds attractive. Could you kindly post the link of the appartment in here??Thank you :smile:

You can also try Campusboard.co.uk, I found a room in a flatshare with 3 other Masters and PhD students. Maybe you can find somewhere that suits you. :smile:
Hey, I'm starting my first year of accountancy and finance in JMU in September and I am also moving into Vita Student. Just curious to see if anyone else is on the course or in the accommodation!
Reply 38
If anyone is looking for accommodation I have a room at glassworks. Double en-suite, £110 p/w. Feel free to message me for details.
Hi, for anyone still looking I have a room on offer at North Western at only £84 a week, bills included/no deposit. Right in the city centre - message me for more info :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending