The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hate stupid english fake whores
Suits ❤️
Original post by usualsuspects
I don't know him but he is dressed as a criminal and drug addict.

Right, I thought you meant he was an actual infamous criminal for a moment there.

I just did a "proper" search for him anyway and apparently he's just a model for a French-Parisian fashion retailer.

Just wondering, how do you think guys should dress then?
Original post by TheAlchemistress
Suits ❤️

Thank youuu, glad someone finally said that! :tongue:
Reply 24
Original post by squirrology
Right, I thought you meant he was an actual infamous criminal for a moment there.

I just did a "proper" search for him anyway and apparently he's just a model for a French-Parisian fashion retailer.

Just wondering, how do you think guys should dress then?

Everyone should dress as they feel and I wouldn't impose anything. But I prefer something more elegant or classic or business casual.
Everyone should dress as they feel and I wouldn't impose anything. But I prefer something more elegant or classic or business casual.

I agree that guys should dress however they want. But wouldn't business casual be for things like dates and not your average day-to-day wear?
Speaking as a guy who when skinny actually had women approaching me and saying i was stylish, trendy, had nice clothes ect.. (this was all late teens) i tended to wear smart-casual so girls obviously thought i was hot.. or gay (i was once called a pretty boy although i did have her).

My staple outfits at the time were..

Jeans with a shirt (not plain) and a stripy jumper.
Jeans with a shirt (usually plain but coloured) and my suit jacket.
Jeans with a shirt and skinny tie.

I felt that shoes (tan) or boots looked best with it though most people comment on the size of my feet (14) rather than how nice the shoes were.

I like to think that the stripy jumper gives a bolder, more confident impression. It's also eye catching so gives a strong first impression.
(edited 6 years ago)
I agree that guys should dress however they want. But wouldn't business casual be for things like dates and not your average day-to-day wear?

A single lion should always keep himself looking majestic.

I appreciate your point in a relationship though albeit women end up complaining that 'men don't try'.
Original post by seanf999
Do you like guys to dress like Justin Bieber for example?
Ryan Gosling?

What type of style do you find attractive?
I'm sure someone will say 'their own style' but that's not true, if he only wanted to wear duct tape or something stupid. No matter how they dress it will be their own style because of how their body is and the clothes they buy.

So, what style do you like?

Zayn Malik
I hope you are trolling, there is nothing basic or standard about the criminal in the second pic.

Criminal? :gasp:
Reply 30

I always use shirts or polos
Original post by AlQaholic
Criminal? :gasp:

He's not actually a criminal, he just thought he looked like one.
if ur not wearing a clown outfit with rainbow hair and a red nose then ur trash lol
Original post by Steljoy
Thank youuu, glad someone finally said that! :tongue:

😂😂😂👍👍👍
Glad am not the only one.
Original post by TheAlchemistress
😂😂😂👍👍👍
Glad am not the only one.

Haha, I am a guy to be honest, I just like to dress formally :rofl:
Reply 35
Original post by c9yyy
Guys don't need to spend much to look good, they can just get away with a designer tee (Ralph Lauren, etc) and 'designer' trainers (Adidas, Nike). I personally feel like tracksuits and bomber jackets just make guys look unoriginal and chav-like. Please ignore the ripped jeans. Whoever said 'business casual' above, they are one hundred percent on it! That is the kind of style that will attract the right girl - it looks smart and very put together, but not too formal. This kind of style does it for me:

Ironically the t shirt in the top photo is from Supreme and probably £150+ and the trainers in the top photo are Gucci Ace, they're £350+, and the chelsea boots in the second picture are Bottega Venetta and they're £500+..

I wouldn't really say those two pictures are business casual, maybe the second one. but business casual tends to mean jeans/chinos, semi formal dress shoes, a shirt, maybe under a sweater or cardigan.. kind of similar to Steve McQueen's style I guess.

But I do like the styles you mentioned.
Reply 36
I don't know him but he is dressed as a criminal and drug addict.

How can you say that without sounding either conceited, elitist or just generally sounding like a pretentious idiot.
Is it the ripped jeans, layered elongated t or the fact that he spent over £300 on a pair of shoes from a well known fashion house that aren't made to be worn with one of your many elegant suits?
Reply 37
How can you say that without sounding either conceited, elitist or just generally sounding like a pretentious idiot.
Is it the ripped jeans, layered elongated t or the fact that he spent over £300 on a pair of shoes from a well known fashion house that aren't made to be worn with one of your many elegant suits?

I'm an elitist. Let's say he couldn't come at my house and I guess most parents wouldn't like him. He looks like a criminal, tattoos, idiotic shoes, a stupid hat, etc
Reply 38
I'm an elitist. Let's say he couldn't come at my house and I guess most parents wouldn't like him. He looks like a criminal, tattoos, idiotic shoes, a stupid hat, etc

Don't you think it's a bit odd that you believe society should be lead by an elite group off which you're not a part of?

I can confidently say that what that guy is wearing is worth more than most of if not all of your wardrobe.
Reply 39
Don't you think it's a bit odd that you believe society should be lead by an elite group off which you're not a part of?

I can confidently say that what that guy is wearing is worth more than most of if not all of your wardrobe.

I'm part of it. My wordrobe is worth thousands and thousands and thousands. He is a working class peasant (better drug addict urban criminal) or tries to appear so at least.

Latest