The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

A lot of people say I look too skinny and accuse me of not eating enough. At the end of the day people will always find a way to criticize you no matter what body shape you are sadly.
Reply 21
Original post by Lovinlife2
Skinny is not ugly, in fact I'm skinny myself and I get a load of comments on how or why I'm skinny because people want to be like me.. drives me up the wall when people ask me why I'm skinny and it makes me feel awful.. but people like us can't help it.. there are a number of factors that can influence the amount of fat storage in our bodies: high metabolism, medical condition, energy goes up through height instead of giving extra fat on your body, eating habits/stomach capacity (though that can change over time).

Please don't ever change for society's sake of beauty, change yourself for you, not because someone said or trends say that 'skinny is ugly' because trends fluctuates and personal opinion don't really matter, what matters is that you're healthy and happy regardless of weight.

Ive always wanted to just love myself for who I am, but I've been going through depression. Resently been to therapy. And I'm a very nagative person. If someone says one thing about skinny people or my weight. I go quiet. Antisocial. I wish I wasn't like this, I'm trying to get betrr
Reply 22
Original post by queenofswords
I have been underweight all my life as I survived on nothing but breast milk up until the age of 3. I wouldn't eat anything else.

I also developed anorexia a few years ago and I am still recovering.

Some people say they are jealous of my body and others have said that I look ill.

It depends on preference.

I've never been through any of that. And I think that you are deffanately a brave person to make it this far. I would have never made it through
Original post by *Moon*
I've never been through any of that. And I think that you are deffanately a brave person to make it this far. I would have never made it through

Thanks x
Reply 24
Original post by queenofswords
Thanks x

No problem, and if that's a pick of you. I'd say you are very pretty. I think most guys look for someone with pretty faces, and overlook their body.

Unfortunately, my sisters were born with the looks, and the curves. And pretty much everything else. So no one ever really liked me
lol nah skinny is not ugly, unless it's to the point where you are unhealthy. Goes the other way too - having curves (or even muscle) is good, until there are too much.

this kardashian trend of having a massive ass and massive boobs with a tiny waist drives me up the wall. It's like people choose to ignore the fact that most of these tv trash celebs look like that due to extensive liposuction and surgery.
Reply 26
Original post by Bezoar
lol nah skinny is not ugly, unless it's to the point where you are unhealthy. Goes the other way too - having curves (or even muscle) is good, until there are too much.

this kardashian trend of having a massive ass and massive boobs with a tiny waist drives me up the wall. It's like people choose to ignore the fact that most of these tv trash celebs look like that due to extensive liposuction and surgery.

I guess, but their at least pretty
Original post by *Moon*
No problem, and if that's a pick of you. I'd say you are very pretty. I think most guys look for someone with pretty faces, and overlook their body.

Unfortunately, my sisters were born with the looks, and the curves. And pretty much everything else. So no one ever really liked me

Yes its me and thanks so much. I don't have curves either.

I think the whole 'THICC' craze will die down soon enough. Don't let it make you feel insecure.

Skinny girls are delicate and fragile. They can look very feminine- just look at ballerinas. Many guys are into that. :smile:
Original post by *Moon*
I guess, but their at least pretty

they have nice faces but their bodies just look so disfigured I can't understand how people can aspire to be like that. It looks alien. Like they purposely tried to turn themselves into a bratz doll or something. I'm not against cosmetic surgery - lots of people have serious body hang ups that they'd love to correct, but if you're gonna go for surgery at least make it look natural.
Beauty is subjective
The more fat rolls and clogged arteries she has, the hotter she is
No way dude. Fat is ugly. Although for guys being skinny is ugly but still not as ugly as being fat. Being anorexic or borderline anorexic is ugly though.
It really depends on the culture.
In east Asia people love the skinny look.
In the Caribbean, they love skinny guys and chubby girls.
In the USA, skinny people are an endangered species so people are always happy to see them.
But here in London it's quite glamorous to be skinny, both male and female fashion icons are usually skinny, however up north people are chunkier so they don't glamorize it as much.

So yea, the perception of any 'good look' will always depend on who's seeing it, where they come from and the current trends of society
Original post by Lord Samosa
The more fat rolls and clogged arteries she has, the hotter she is

that comment was clearly directed at me. love u too babez. bring more samosas on ur way home from work 🍆
Reply 34
Eugenia Cooney is my dream body
No! who told you that :/
Everyone's definition of "skinny" is different. There's also a difference between "skinny" and "slim".

Original post by *Moon*
I think most guys look for someone with pretty faces, and overlook their body.

On the contrary, myself and several guys I've spoken to would rather take a girl with an average face and smoking body over a girl with an attractive face whose body they don't find attractive. Again, though, everyone's perception of what constitutes a nice body is totally subjective.
(edited 6 years ago)
Ugly isn't based on body weight, it's based on personality. I don't care if you're 3 stone or thirty, if you're a ****, you're a ****.
Reply 38
it's all subjective... personally I like my gyal thicc
This thread caught my eye. Being skinny does not mean you are ugly. I am considered skinny by a lot of people. As long as you are comfortable in your body and happy it doesn't matter what people think. (In fact many people will be jealous of you just like you.) However, I would say that if there are signs you have an eating disorder you should seek help but most people who have them do not actually recognise that they are skinny or are actively trying to lose weight so hopefully you are okay on this front.

Latest