The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IrrationalRoot
Work rate has dropped to 0, no more motivation to study. I've decided I'll finally take an actual break ('actual' in the sense that I'm not feeling regret about being lazy and not studying). I'll go back to studying when my motivation becomes nonzero again, whenever that is.

:jumphug:
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
:jumphug:

Thanks, definitely feels a bit better to not be working under very tight self-imposed deadlines anymore. It's probably healthy to take a proper break at some point in 3 years lol. Whether or not it last more than a couple of days before I get stressed that I've wasted too much time we'll see...
Thanks, definitely feels a bit better to not be working under very tight self-imposed deadlines anymore. It's probably healthy to take a proper break at some point in 3 years lol. Whether or not it last more than a couple of days before I get stressed that I've wasted too much time we'll see...

There comes a point where a break may be required Mr IrrationalRoot, do try to relax in whatever means possible :hugs: Try your best to take care of yourself!
Try not to feel too guilty as well, although I know it is hard :redface:
:hugs: All the best!
Work rate has dropped to 0, no more motivation to study. I've decided I'll finally take an actual break ('actual' in the sense that I'm not feeling regret about being lazy and not studying). I'll go back to studying when my motivation becomes nonzero again, whenever that is.

Anything wrong in particular or just burnt out? I still haven't done any work lol. Just guitar and gaming. Somehow managing to feel okay in spite of my rather bleak prospects this Summer.
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
Anything wrong in particular or just burnt out? I still haven't done any work lol. Just guitar and gaming. Somehow managing to feel okay in spite of my rather bleak prospects this Summer.

:hugs: Sshht your pinta scores say otherwise Monsieur :mmm:
We should get that psych game going again too :woo:
I'm happy that Rick and Morty season 3 finally has a release date :woo: :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Spock's Socks
I'm happy that Rick and Morty season 3 finally has a release date :woo: :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh my gosh, when? :woo:

o.O so soon!
Original post by XOR_
o.O so soon!

I need all the Rick and Morty's XOR pls

30th July :biggrin:
Noo I am in France then what is life :emo:
Original post by Spock's Socks
30th July :biggrin:

Thankfully nothing particularly wrong, I just slowly started working less and less over the past few weeks (got only two modules, Analysis and Combo done) but I started Geometry and I basically just came to a stop. Cbb anymore it seems, not sure if the content is boring but I'm probably burnt out from work since I didn't take a break since exams.

Yeah I don't mind too much either that it's just 4 months of nothing for me lol, I feel more relaxed now that I don't regret every break I take (feeling that I should be working).
Thankfully nothing particularly wrong, I just slowly started working less and less over the past few weeks (got only two modules, Analysis and Combo done) but I started Geometry and I basically just came to a stop. Cbb anymore it seems, not sure if the content is boring but I'm probably burnt out from work since I didn't take a break since exams.

Yeah I don't mind too much either that it's just 4 months of nothing for me lol, I feel more relaxed now that I don't regret every break I take (feeling that I should be working).

Lol Geometry. I started it back when I still had fancy notions about actually attending lectures, and the lectures were incredibly packed, so I just dropped it. Heard it was unnecessary even for further geometry. Could take it this year for doable CATS.

I just can't really bring myself to work until I know where I'm at with results. In any case it seems video games are the (rather unhealthy) panacea. Free sense of achievement with no practical outcome. Also got Wimbledon in a few days, license to just lie in front of the TV for hours.
Lol Geometry. I started it back when I still had fancy notions about actually attending lectures, and the lectures were incredibly packed, so I just dropped it. Heard it was unnecessary even for further geometry. Could take it this year for doable CATS.

I just can't really bring myself to work until I know where I'm at with results. In any case it seems video games are the (rather unhealthy) panacea. Free sense of achievement with no practical outcome. Also got Wimbledon in a few days, license to just lie in front of the TV for hours.

Huh, might not do it then, it's not particularly great so far and everything is a bit vague tbh. Not sure what module I'd take instead though, idk much about Theory of ODEs and the like, and I'm not gonna take any non-maths modules.

I think I underestimated how hard proceeding with life is when you know you have your results in your email lol. Actually almost looking forward to second year results more since I don't know any first years but I know (well at least spoke to) a couple of second years on TSR. Might open mine then idk. And I forgot about Wimbs, definitely will be a good way to kill time.
ME rn at college

With the Despicable M3 movie coming out coincidentally today:
Special Event Today! (for me, anyways) - Celebratory Thread by CheeseIsVeg.
TO ME :smile:
Huh, might not do it then, it's not particularly great so far and everything is a bit vague tbh. Not sure what module I'd take instead though, idk much about Theory of ODEs and the like, and I'm not gonna take any non-maths modules.

I think I underestimated how hard proceeding with life is when you know you have your results in your email lol. Actually almost looking forward to second year results more since I don't know any first years but I know (well at least spoke to) a couple of second years on TSR. Might open mine then idk. And I forgot about Wimbs, definitely will be a good way to kill time.

My second year supervisor was doing a PhD in something geometrical and said he didn't even do geometry, just metric spaces lol. Well coding is a useful skill...Programming for Scientists is technically possible. I mean I didn't like it personally, but a lot of people did. Also heard that Numerical Analysis, while only 6 CATS, is a good source of marks.

I've snap opened every set of results I've ever got to be honest, couldn't wait. In fact think I was refreshing the page constantly on A-level results day. I'm not looking forward to the inevitable first digit 7...or worst case scenario 6 I guess, which would be brutal but not entirely nonsensical given the fact that the exam board for second year is full of people who have relatively little experience, and therefore little tolerance, for terrible writing. Not like A-level when I was sure some seasoned examiner would be able to read it. Reckon I Watched roughly 100% (well, within reason, not two matches at once of course) of Wimbledon last year. Productivity at its finest.
My second year supervisor was doing a PhD in something geometrical and said he didn't even do geometry, just metric spaces lol. Well coding is a useful skill...Programming for Scientists is technically possible. I mean I didn't like it personally, but a lot of people did. Also heard that Numerical Analysis, while only 6 CATS, is a good source of marks.

I've snap opened every set of results I've ever got to be honest, couldn't wait. In fact think I was refreshing the page constantly on A-level results day. I'm not looking forward to the inevitable first digit 7...or worst case scenario 6 I guess, which would be brutal but not entirely nonsensical given the fact that the exam board for second year is full of people who have relatively little experience, and therefore little tolerance, for terrible writing. Not like A-level when I was sure some seasoned examiner would be able to read it. Reckon I Watched roughly 100% (well, within reason, not two matches at once of course) of Wimbledon last year. Productivity at its finest.

Eh, neither sounds particularly interesting, but I guess 6 CATS and 'easy' marks doesn't sound too bad. I probably won't meet my second year supervisor lol.

Me too, this is a first for me, probs because I've never performed so poorly before or cared so little about my exams. I wouldn't be surprised if you got 80+ tbh. But I think certainly not less than 70. And I wouldn't worry too much about handwriting.
Tbh I'd rather play tennis than watch tennis, it used to be my favourite thing in the world but I can't say that now that I don't play (since I don't exactly have anyone to play with). But yeah I still love watching slams.
Eh, neither sounds particularly interesting, but I guess 6 CATS and 'easy' marks doesn't sound too bad. I probably won't meet my second year supervisor lol.

Me too, this is a first for me, probs because I've never performed so poorly before or cared so little about my exams. I wouldn't be surprised if you got 80+ tbh. But I think certainly not less than 70. And I wouldn't worry too much about handwriting.
Tbh I'd rather play tennis than watch tennis, it used to be my favourite thing in the world but I can't say that now that I don't play (since I don't exactly have anyone to play with). But yeah I still love watching slams.

Yeah second year has a shortage of interesting modules lol. I mean the non-maths I did was fine, easy even, with work (shame about pool and the election destroying my logic II preparation though..). But I can understand wanting to avoid outside modules.

I'd be surprised but not flabbergasted. It would make sense if I'd been very successful in questions I'd actually answered. As I've said, I have a very wide range of potential marks.
I'm crap at tennis. Still enjoy watching it a lot though. Not sure why but it interests me more than most sports. Wouldn't mind doing something physical though. Maybe just running. But I never bring myself to actually do it, or if I do it's a one-off.
[scroll]:happy2:[/scroll]
:hugs: :smile:
I have yet to experience it :hide:

Latest