The Student Room Group

How many genders are there?

Some idiot told me that there were more than two. The definition of gender is the state of being either male or female.

Scroll to see replies

Two, end of story.
Some people think gender is a spectrum and separate from one's biological sex (physical state of being male or female). While I suppose I can understand that, I don't think there are as many as people claim.

EDIT: don't ask me to explain anything lol I don't really understand it
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Dot.Cotton
Two, end of story.

Thanks! People can be right stupid
the concept of gender is actually utterly meaningless since "gender" is based on archaic ideals on what is girl/boy so people have a blend of "gender" traits from either side of the spectrum.
Original post by babsxox
the concept of gender is actually utterly meaningless since "gender" is based on archaic ideals on what is girl/boy so people have a blend of "gender" traits from either side of the spectrum.

Look I feel you have a cock your a male if you don't your a female
Original post by Elvis Presley

sex and gender aren't the same thing, move on
Original post by babsxox
sex and gender aren't the same thing, move on

Research the definition of gender, the state of being either male or female. Deal with it
Research the definition of gender, the state of being either male or female. Deal with it

yo i think you missed out literally the most important part of that ""research""

"typically used with reference to social and cultural differences"
Some idiot told me that there were more than two. The definition of gender is the state of being either male or female.

There are two Mail and female sometimes trans people identify as a different sex but I dunno.
Original post by babsxox
yo i think you missed out literally the most important part of that ""research""

"typically used with reference to social and cultural differences"

Oh for goodness sakes your one of these idiots who can't face the fact that there are only two genders and your making up this ****
1 because women aren't real human beans lets face it
Oh for goodness sakes your one of these idiots who can't face the fact that there are only two genders and your making up this ****

well i mean the definition you're using literally states that it's in reference to culture and society which change over time so the concept is literally useless in a binary format because it's not static and unchanging lol

also thanks for calling me an "idiot" within just over 5 posts lol! did i strike a nerve that quickly?
(edited 6 years ago)
There are infinite points on the gender spectrum.
And no, dragonkin isn't one of them.
Original post by babsxox

also thanks for calling me an "idiot" within less than 5 posts lol! did i strike a nerve that quickly?

It seems as though you triggered the snowflake :lol:

What about hermaphrodites?
Reply 16
If gender was binary, there would be 10 of them.
Reply 17
Original post by babsxox

the idea of gender as a spectrum is interesting, but just BS quite frankly, there are 2 genders, either male or female!
Reply 18
Original post by Zargabaath
There are infinite points on the gender spectrum.
And no, dragonkin isn't one of them.

ha ha! oxymoron! infinite means everything and beyond, therefore technically dragonkin is actually included!
Elvis, this is a very sensitive issue and should be treated with respect. There are our many genders you male misogynist.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending