The Student Room Group

AEA Preparation Thread 30 June 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nathanmcg
Yesssss and p and q were 4 and 1 (or other way round) and y=6x-16 ???

yeah and i got root2 for minimum value of PQ
In(4/3) - 4/15. Anyone for last part of question 6?

I got ln(3/4) - 4/15, pretty sure it was that because I remember double checking the limits and getting ln(9/12) which then cancelled
Original post by Lambo1999
I got ln(3/4) - 4/15, pretty sure it was that because I remember double checking the limits and getting ln(9/12) which then cancelled

I got In(2) - In(3/2)
Yesssss and p and q were 4 and 1 (or other way round) and y=6x-16 ???

Agreeing with all these answers! Yay!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got ln(4/3)-4/15

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did anyone manage to do the last part of the triangle question?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You forgot must've forgotten the minus sign that was hanging outside the integral as In(3/2) - In(2) = In(3/4)
Original post by LaurenLovesMaths
Did anyone manage to do the last part of the triangle question?

Posted from TSR Mobile

As soon as I read that question I skipped it 😂😂😂
I got In(2) - In(3/2)

I ended up with ln(3/2) - ln(2), did you do [t] - [t]?
You forgot must've forgotten the minus sign that was hanging outside the integral as In(3/2) - In(2) = In(3/4)

I didn't end up with a minus sign on the integral.... What were your partial fractions?
I ended up with ln(3/2) - ln(2), did you do [t] - [t]?

I put x back in the integral and did it with 9 and 1
I didn't end up with a minus sign on the integral.... What were your partial fractions?

No the integral in part b, the substitution was x+3=1/t so dx = minus 1/t^2 and the minus stays there throughout the integration.
No the integral in part b, the substitution was x+3=1/t so dx = minus 1/t^2 and the minus stays there throughout the integration.

Ah okay, I'm pretty sure I cancelled that minus out somewhere but I'm not too sure now😂😂
Ah okay, I'm pretty sure I cancelled that minus out somewhere but I'm not too sure now😂😂

You had the right numbers just different signs, defo get most the marks
Glad to see people in general enjoyed it. I'll post an unofficial mark scheme and predicted boundaries when I can get hold of the paper. If anyone has a copy they can get some pictures of and PM to me I can get started.
Original post by A Slice of Pi
Glad to see people in general enjoyed it. I'll post an unofficial mark scheme and predicted boundaries when I can get hold of the paper. If anyone has a copy they can get some pictures of and PM to me I can get started.

I have a question. I had 10 minutes left and well I might have doodled a bit at the end of the paper but I crossed it out. I was just drawing shapes because I checked over my paper 3 times!! Will i lose marks?
Original post by Art of Deception

I have a question. I had 10 minutes left and well I might have doodled a bit at the end of the paper but I crossed it out. I was just drawing shapes because I checked over my paper 3 times!! Will i lose marks?

Of course not. Don't worry.
Quick question: I have never sat an edexcel maths exam before at all, but my exams officer said that if there are any graph drawing questions to do it on edexcel graph paper, is that right? Or should I have drawn the sketches (I think it was Q5) just in my answer book?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LaurenLovesMaths
Quick question: I have never sat an edexcel maths exam before at all, but my exams officer said that if there are any graph drawing questions to do it on edexcel graph paper, is that right? Or should I have drawn the sketches (I think it was Q5) just in my answer book?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did question 5 on the Edexcel graph paper
Original post by Art of Deception
I did question 5 on the Edexcel graph paper

Phewww okay. It just didn't say anything on the question book about it that's all so I wasn't sure

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending