The Student Room Group

Cartilage piercing back stuck

I got my cartilage pierced at Claire's two weeks ago and I got a double helix piercing. I tried to pull out the butterfly back on my top piercing and it wouldnt budge so I went to the gp because my ear got red and swollen and had a throbbing pain and they told me my ears are not infected and this is normal.

I just want to remove the silver ball piercing so when my ear stopped going red and swelling up, I tried to remove it a few days later again and the same thing happened. Is there any way to remove the back. I have 3mm silver ball piercing so it's difficult to grab between the stud with my fingers, I grabbed them with tweezers but the tweezer kept slipping of and now I'm left with a red swollen ear. Please HELP!!!
Can I go to a normal piercing studio to get them to take it off for me and change it? What other things can I do to remove the studs?
Reply 1
Original post by MoonCheese
I got my cartilage pierced at Claire's two weeks ago and I got a double helix piercing. I tried to pull out the butterfly back on my top piercing and it wouldnt budge so I went to the gp because my ear got red and swollen and had a throbbing pain and they told me my ears are not infected and this is normal.

I just want to remove the silver ball piercing so when my ear stopped going red and swelling up, I tried to remove it a few days later again and the same thing happened. Is there any way to remove the back. I have 3mm silver ball piercing so it's difficult to grab between the stud with my fingers, I grabbed them with tweezers but the tweezer kept slipping of and now I'm left with a red swollen ear. Please HELP!!!
Can I go to a normal piercing studio to get them to take it off for me and change it? What other things can I do to remove the studs?

You'll either need to see if a friend can help you, or go to a piercing studio. A piercer will have specific tools and knowledge so will be able to get it off easily. They may charge a small amount, but if you buy new jewellery there they may do it for free.
You are supposed to wait from 6 to 12 MONTHS before removing a cartilage piercing as it takes a long time to heal
Many helix piercings use a screw on ball at the front instead of a standard backing, so see if this is the case. Personally, I think that the piercing gun at Claire's is dangerous for helix piercings (and are banned in some US states), meaning that you will not be able to get that area repeirced for at least a year after it has healed and the infection is gone. Go and see a piercer, and see if they have any tips in getting rid of the infection first since you cannot really remove the earring without it. It is probably also worth investing some money into getting that piercer to give you a titanium bar to use since the cheap materials at Claire's will probably be causing an allergic reaction!
Try and get to a studio ASAP so that they can change it and NO TOUCHING YOUR EAR in the meantime! Searching google maps is always good for this because you can look at reviews and gauge where you want to get it done.
I hope this helps and good luck! :hugs:
My ears are throbbing

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending