The Student Room Group

Is this an A* in Further Maths Edexcel?

Hey, I am wondering if I got an A* in Further Maths. My exam board is Edexcel...

I think/ have already I got this UMS:
C1: 98
C2: 95
C3: 100
C4: 92
FP1: 100
FP2: 98
S1: 81
S2: 85
D1: 98
M1: 96
M2: 90
M3: 74

Can I get an A* in Further maths with these modules?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by ArafatQ
Hey, I am wondering if I got an A* in Further Maths. My exam board is Edexcel...

You can find the UMS grade boundaries on page 15, they're the same every year http://www.sussexdowns.ac.uk/wp-content/uploads/Edexcel-AS-and-level-Grade-Boundaries-Final.pdf :smile: I think you need to average over 90 in your A2 modules, but are those ones including your Maths modules as well as Further Maths modules?
Reply 2
Original post by Gingerbread101
You can find the UMS grade boundaries on page 15, they're the same every year http://www.sussexdowns.ac.uk/wp-content/uploads/Edexcel-AS-and-level-Grade-Boundaries-Final.pdf :smile: I think you need to average over 90 in your A2 modules, but are those ones including your Maths modules as well as Further Maths modules?

Hey! Thanks for linking me!

I was hoping to put my FP1, FP2, D1, M1, M2, M3 and S2 towards my Further Maths A - Level.

Would this get me an A*?
Original post by ArafatQ
Hey! Thanks for linking me!

I was hoping to put my FP1, FP2, D1, M1, M2, M3 and S2 towards my Further Maths A - Level.

Would this get me an A*?

Errm - this is 7 modules ,,, Edexcel chose which applied modules go with the Pure ones.
Reply 5
Original post by ArafatQ

FP2: 98, M2: 90, S2: 85

Total: 273/300 -> A*, provided you achieve those UMS.

They should put S1/D1 together with M1 in A Level Maths, then use FP1, FP2, D1/S1, S2, M2 and M3 in A Level Further.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by LukeB98
FP2: 98, M2: 90, S2: 85

Total: 273/300 -> A*, provided you achieve those UMS.

They should put S1/D1 together with M1 in A Level Maths, then use FP1, FP2, D1/S1, S2, M2 and M3 in A Level Further.

Ahh, fantastic! Hopefully I did achieve my UMS and get the A* lol
Reply 7
Original post by Muttley79
Errm - this is 7 modules ,,, Edexcel chose which applied modules go with the Pure ones.

Oops, I see, sorry. I think I get it now though, thank you! :smile:
Original post by ArafatQ
Oops, I see, sorry. I think I get it now though, thank you! :smile:

How do you know your UMS? Edexcel haven't even published a mark scheme yet and grade boundaries haven't been released.
How do you know your UMS? Edexcel haven't even published a mark scheme yet and grade boundaries haven't been released.

I assume he's just talking about straight %s which is probably a healthy way to look at it. Fingers crossed ocr boundaries are at least 5 marks below 90% across both c3 and 4 otherwise I might not have the A*.
Reply 10

You're right that I don't know that these are my UMS but I used the unofficial mark scheme to get an estimate of how many marks I lost. I then used last years grade boundaries to calculate a UMS.
Original post by ArafatQ
You're right that I don't know that these are my UMS but I used the unofficial mark scheme to get an estimate of how many marks I lost. I then used last years grade boundaries to calculate a UMS.

Well the 'unofficial' mark scheme is pretty useless and using last year's grade boundaries is no more relevant than Jan 2010 or any other.

Just wait and see ...

Quick Reply

Latest