The Student Room Group
At the Student's Union
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website

(BSL / English) Interpreting

Hi,

I'm starting the bsl/ english interperting course in September 2017, just wondered if anyone else is doing the course??

Excitedd 😆😆
Reply 1
Original post by chpowell
Hi,

I'm starting the bsl/ english interperting course in September 2017, just wondered if anyone else is doing the course??

Excitedd 😆😆

I'm hoping to start the four year course this year, if not next! If I don't end up going this year I'd love to hear your review of it before I sign my life away for four years next year :tongue: Have you heard any feedback from previous students?
Roxy
At the Student's Union
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi! ^_^
Im also doing the four year course starting this September.
It's nice to meet you guys, I'm Rae :biggrin:
Reply 3
Original post by Uraei
Hi! ^_^
Im also doing the four year course starting this September.
It's nice to meet you guys, I'm Rae :biggrin:

Yay, awesome! I've officially accepted my offer, so I'm definitely coming now, very excited (although I still have to sort out everything from finance to accommodation :K: ) ! Where abouts are you from Rae?
Reply 4
Nice! I'm from the South East of UK. I live about 1h 45mins from the uni so I'm definitely going to live on campus! I've done the finance and accommodation deposit (I was scared into doing it early because my cousin ended up not getting her 1st or 2nd choice even though she did it early also!) Enough about me, where are you from Roxy?
Reply 5
I'm from the South East too! Portsmouth to be exact - on the coast. You must be more inland than me if you're that close. Lucky (or not) for us there aren't many unis doing our course so choices don't really apply :') not for me anyway because I decided quite late I wanted to take this path into interpreting, I thought perhaps I'd work my way up the levels, but this seemed like the best way and the only uni taking late applicants was Wolverhampton! I like the look of it though and am super pumped. Are you coming straight out of college?
Hi I am but which are you doing the 3 or 4yr I'm doing the 4yr
(edited 6 years ago)
I can see doing the 4yr now didn't show the other messages before, I am also from the south but have lived up here nearly 6yrs, I have BSL level 1 but struggled for years to find courses plus daunting to think will take so long when doing the NVQ way so jumped at chance when saw this one.
Michelle
Reply 8
Original post by Snuggle shell
I can see doing the 4yr now didn't show the other messages before, I am also from the south but have lived up here nearly 6yrs, I have BSL level 1 but struggled for years to find courses plus daunting to think will take so long when doing the NVQ way so jumped at chance when saw this one.
Michelle

Your story sounds similar to mine! I'm sure we won't be the only ones on the course for those reasons. I look forward to meeting you all in a couple of weeks time! :smile:
I went to an information session last week although it wasn't course specific it was very useful, was shown main building we will be in which was different to the one I thought, gave me reassurance that we only do 3 modules per semester where as me trying to get lots of info had actually printed all the modules off for the whole 4yrs!! Also the best reassurance was that the compulsory text means must be read not brought as again I had printed off the book list for the whole course but I have started to look around to see if I can get any really really cheap and as soon as my student card arrives (this week) I will endeavour to go and investigate the library.
Have you explored the online portal etc there is sooo much advice & pointers in the right direction for additional support
Are you staying in the Uni Accommodation, Private student digs or commuting? I only live roughly 30min drive away so will commute with a downside of £3 a day parking
Reply 10
Have you decided to do this course this year 2019? I have applied but am trying to decide whether to do this course or not.
Original post by roxodee
I'm hoping to start the four year course this year, if not next! If I don't end up going this year I'd love to hear your review of it before I sign my life away for four years next year :tongue: Have you heard any feedback from previous students?
Roxy
Reply 11
Hey Saz,
I actually did end up doing the foundation year last year, so I'm in my first year now! I would say it's a great course although very hard work! If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask, I'd be happy to answer :smile:
Original post by Saz Cro
Have you decided to do this course this year 2019? I have applied but am trying to decide whether to do this course or not.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending