The Student Room Group

Shoes at clubs!

Can i wear these to a club?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yeah I would imagine so.
Reply 2
If ur prepared to trade a homeless man for his piss stained shoes outside the club then yes
why the f*** wouldn't you be allowed to wear them lol? unless it's like that inbetweeners episode you'll be fine
Reply 4
Original post by hamzakalinle
why the f*** wouldn't you be allowed to wear them lol? unless it's like that inbetweeners episode you'll be fine

It says on the website, no Nike or Adidas sportswear, not sure if count this as sportswear?
Reply 5
Original post by stefano865
Yeah I would imagine so.

Just concerned cuz it says no Adidas or Nike sportswear on the website, I just don't see this as sportswear
Original post by john0101
If ur prepared to trade a homeless man for his piss stained shoes outside the club then yes

omg i had that exact episode in mind looool
Reply 7
Original post by hamzakalinle
omg i had that exact episode in mind looool

They look like the exact same trainers too
Reply 8
Original post by Jamiebatts
Just concerned cuz it says no Adidas or Nike sportswear on the website, I just don't see this as sportswear

The website is clear. You cannot wear them.
Reply 9

Original post by IWMTom
The website is clear. You cannot wear them.

No, they are clear about training shoes.

These are sneakers.

The average British club these days is going to be more bothered about getting your money.
Reply 10
No, they are clear about training shoes.

These are sneakers.

The average British club these days is going to be more bothered about getting your money.

No. They are clear about the brand, the fact they mention sportswear is irrelevant. All their shoes look the same and are typically worn on a casual basis by unruly characters they'd prefer to not have in the club.
Can i wear these to a club?

Depends entirely on how classy or crappy the club is.
Original post by IWMTom
No. They are clear about the brand, the fact they mention sportswear is irrelevant. All their shoes look the same and are typically worn on a casual basis by unruly characters they'd prefer to not have in the club.

No the brands are the irrelevant part. Considering the number of people (and types of people who wear them). They are just saying no sportswear.

That is a pathetically snobby attitude quite frankly.
Reply 13
No the brands are the irrelevant part. Considering the number of people (and types of people who wear them). They are just saying no sportswear.

That is a pathetically snobby attitude quite frankly.

Not really, all Nike and Adidas shoes look sporty, considering they are sportswear brands. I'd go as far to say that all their shoes are sportswear, despite your previous categorisation.
Reply 14
If it's a club where you have to pay 10-20 quid to get in, then I would imagine they want you to be really formal.

I got denied to a club in Aberdeen for wearing a hoodie and trainers before!! (The institute)

So I would be careful...
Original post by IWMTom
Not really, all Nike and Adidas shoes look sporty, considering they are sportswear brands. I'd go as far to say that all their shoes are sportswear, despite your previous categorisation.

They both do plenty of sneakers etc that don't look particularly sporty.
Wear them and find out n bring a pair of roll up pumps in your pockets incase
Reply 17
They both do plenty of sneakers etc that don't look particularly sporty.

If you say so :laugh:
Original post by IWMTom
If you say so :laugh:

I mean many casual shoes look a bit sporty.

Why would they allow e.g. Superga or Veja but ban Nike and Adidas sneakers.
I don't think you would be allowed in tbh, I know a lot of clubs that would turn you down for this kind of shoe

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending