The Student Room Group

Kings College London, MSc Finance

Hi everyone.

I have just completed my 3rd year of studies at the University of Glasgow, studying Accountancy with Finance, and I will proceed into my 4th, and final, year of studies in September 2017.

I am planning to apply to King's College London for the MSc Finance and I wanted to ask those who got an offer from Kings College London, for this programme, what was your grade in your penultimate year?

I achieved a high-upper second class grade in my 3rd year, 68.5%, although I am positive that I will manage to graduate with a First.

Thank you in advance.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Jimmy199415
Hi everyone.

I have just completed my 3rd year of studies at the University of Glasgow, studying Accountancy with Finance, and I will proceed into my 4th, and final, year of studies in September 2017.

I am planning to apply to Kings College for the MSc Finance and I wanted to ask those who got an offer from Kings College London, for this programme, what was your grade in your penultimate year?

I achieved a high-upper second class grade in my 3rd year, 68.5%, although I am positive that I will manage to graduate with a First.

Thank you in advance.

Sorry if this is off topic but why do you only state kings?
Reply 2
Original post by IPEguy
Sorry if this is off topic but why do you only state kings?

To be honest, I started two threads; one for King's College and one for Warwick. I am interested in studying in one of the two unis for a masters course in finance, and I wanted to see how other people, who got an offer, did in their penultimate year.
Reply 3
To be honest, I started two threads; one for King's College and one for Warwick. I am interested in studying in one of the two unis for a masters course in finance, and I wanted to see how other people, who got an offer, did in their penultimate year.

You're getting decent grades from a decent uni how come you aren't going for other Warwick tiers?
Reply 4
Original post by IPEguy
You're getting decent grades from a decent uni how come you aren't going for other Warwick tiers?

To be honest I am of the perception that King's is one of the top unis in the UK, isn't it?
Reply 5
To be honest I am of the perception that King's is one of the top unis in the UK, isn't it?

For finance it's not amazing, Warwick is far better as are cass lse lbs, or Durham Edinburgh for second tier choices.
Reply 6
Original post by IPEguy
For finance it's not amazing, Warwick is far better as are cass lse lbs, or Durham Edinburgh for second tier choices.

Ok thank you very much for the reply. May I ask, did you do a Masters in Finance in any of the unis that you have just mentioned?
Do you think that my penultimate year grade of 68.5% is sufficient to get an offer from any of the aforementioned unis?
Reply 7
Ok thank you very much for the reply. May I ask, did you do a Masters in Finance in any of the unis that you have just mentioned?
Do you think that my penultimate year grade of 68.5% is sufficient to get an offer from any of the aforementioned unis?

Starting Edinburgh in September and you have a better ug background than me so you should have a really good chance at a top tier.
Reply 8
Original post by IPEguy
Starting Edinburgh in September and you have a better ug background than me so you should have a really good chance at a top tier.

Thank you very much for your help. Wish you the best of luck with your masters.
Reply 9
Thank you very much for your help. Wish you the best of luck with your masters.

Thanks and no problem! I find the ft rankings handy. They have average salary and value rankings, i.e. Cost of course vs average salary etc. They make a lot more sense than complete university guide etc.

http://rankings.ft.com/businessschoolrankings/masters-in-finance-pre-experience-2017
Original post by IPEguy
Thanks and no problem! I find the ft rankings handy. They have average salary and value rankings, i.e. Cost of course vs average salary etc. They make a lot more sense than complete university guide etc.

http://rankings.ft.com/businessschoolrankings/masters-in-finance-pre-experience-2017

Thank you for the link. I wanted to ask, does the average salary refer to the average salary of the graduated students?
Reply 11
Thank you for the link. I wanted to ask, does the average salary refer to the average salary of the graduated students?

Yes, 3 years after graduation, and in dollars so you'll have to convert it. If you hover over the column titles it gives you more info.
Original post by IPEguy
Yes, 3 years after graduation, and in dollars so you'll have to convert it. If you hover over the column titles it gives you more info.

Great, thank you very much.
Reply 13
kings msc finance or cass banking and international finance? I have an offer from both.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending