The Student Room Group

Rock and Metal Society [part 2]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jack22031994
Ah cool thats cool :smile:

I liked House of Gold & Bones Part 1 when it came out, but then other bands came along and I forgot about Stone Sour. Thanks for the reminder haha :biggrin:
Original post by Leviathan1741
I liked House of Gold & Bones Part 1 when it came out, but then other bands came along and I forgot about Stone Sour. Thanks for the reminder haha :biggrin:

Ah haha no problem! :biggrin:
Anyone listened to king gizzard and the lizard wizard? They're a really cool Australian psych rock band that my friend turned me onto after he saw them at glasto.
My copy of No Grave But The Sea finally arrived :woo:
My copy of No Grave But The Sea finally arrived :woo:

With or without dog vocals?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
With or without dog vocals?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Without :lol:
Without :lol:

wrong answer
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
wrong answer

I do like the dog version too, but went for the human one :smile::biggrin:
Original post by Manitude
Well then my friends, the time has come for Round 2.

Discuss things related to rock and metal music, and please try to keep it civil :smile:

Subscribes :biggrin:
Oooo I'll join in this thread if I can. Here's one for the fans of more extreme metal to enjoy! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_l-ZIvdDHA.

Have fun \m/
(edited 6 years ago)
uuh, does djent classify ?
Reply 31
Original post by jbman690
uuh, does djent classify ?

I guess it's allowable, although I don't suppose it will get much love from most of the regular posters!
Original post by PepticSalve
Oooo I'll join in this thread if I can. Here's one for the fans of more extreme metal to enjoy! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_l-ZIvdDHA.

Have fun \m/

It's fooking beautiful **sheds tear**
The only things I know about djent are from memes on prog fb pages.

Nice! Haven't heard these guys before...
Children of Bodom fans might also like this :smile:

[video="youtube;g_YWg0nrj6E"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_YWg0nrj6E[/video]
Reply 37
I recently bought a couple more Falkenbach albums. I had "...Magni Blandinn Ok Megintiri" and "...Ok Nefna Tysvar Ty", but bought the next two ("Heralding - The Fireblade" and "Tiurida") and they're just amazing. I think Heralding - The Fireblade is my favourite Falkenbach album so far. It does, after all, have Roman Land on it, which was the first Falkenbach song I ever heard.

I strongly suspect that the direction of my folk metal project is going to be heavily influenced by Falkenbach in the future.
Original post by Manitude
I recently bought a couple more Falkenbach albums. I had "...Magni Blandinn Ok Megintiri" and "...Ok Nefna Tysvar Ty", but bought the next two ("Heralding - The Fireblade" and "Tiurida":wink: and they're just amazing. I think Heralding - The Fireblade is my favourite Falkenbach album so far. It does, after all, have Roman Land on it, which was the first Falkenbach song I ever heard.

I strongly suspect that the direction of my folk metal project is going to be heavily influenced by Falkenbach in the future.

Falkenbach are a great band, Asa is good also, bit heavier than the early stuff, I think Ok Nefna is still my fave album by them. If you like that style you'll probably like Skogen - Svitjod, Finsterforst - Rastlos and Wildrun - Sleep At The Edge Of The Earth. Loads of good folk metal out there. Moonsorrow is still the benchmark though IMO!
Original post by PepticSalve
Falkenbach are a great band, Asa is good also, bit heavier than the early stuff, I think Ok Nefna is still my fave album by them. If you like that style you'll probably like Skogen - Svitjod, Finsterforst - Rastlos and Wildrun - Sleep At The Edge Of The Earth. Loads of good folk metal out there. Moonsorrow is still the benchmark though IMO!

How about Equilibrium and Ensiferum? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest