The Student Room Group

Anyone else hate social media?

I have recently quit Facebook after getting fed up of it all. I mean all people post is these stupid photographs with a caption written over it.

Get a life people.

Scroll to see replies

It really depends what you use it for and how much it changes your way of thinking/behaving.

For Facebook, I don't really understand what people get out of always checking their feed (it is mostly trash imo), but using Instagram to showcase your artistic works is a good way to keep up motivation to continue being creative :smile:
God I hate it so much when you're out of a meal and the food comes over and instantly a sea of hands waving their mobile phone cameras around starts happening
I quite like owning an ultra portable piece of technology that allows me to access the internet, maps, music, notes etc wherever and whenever I want. Maybe you don't understand the full potential of smartphones and/or don't have the need for them yet?
Reply 4
Original post by Citizen Smith.
I have recently quit Facebook after getting fed up of it all. I mean all people post is these stupid photographs with a caption written over it.

Get a life people.

Are you new to the planet? Recently joined...

Yes it's stupid for stupid sheep. Instagram is just as bad.

Snapchat, Whatsapp & IMO, Skype. Are exceptions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well I don't use social media. Apart from TSR, not sure if that counts though. I can't say I hate it though, but I dislike it in the sense that everyone seems to be addicted to it.
Reply 6
Facebook is a dead ting.

Whatsapp, insta and twitter are alright.
I miss the good Ol' days of MySpace. Facebook and Twitter are just boring.
Reply 8
Reddit all the way.
Original post by IrrationalRoot
Well I don't use social media. Apart from TSR, not sure if that counts though.

It counts.
Original post by Katzen
Reddit all the way.

Reddit isn't really social media. It's a good way to burn a few hours though.
Reply 11
Original post by Fairheart
Reddit isn't really social media. It's a good way to burn a few hours though.

wtf I just checked, Reddit is a "Social News" website. That's sounds uncool. Ugh I feel like my great granddad.
Original post by Katzen
wtf I just checked, Reddit is a "Social News" website. That's sounds uncool. Ugh I feel like my great granddad.

It's ****ing addictive that's for sure.
SC is good if you like to sext...

:wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I quit facebook a few months ago and haven't been on since. I'll only ever use it again if I desperately need too (when I apply to medical school). I haven't deleted it because tinder :awesome:

I also uninstalled snapchat, and don't use anything else apart from WhatsApp. Not using Facebook is the biggest relief though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I ditched Facebook a few months ago. At first it was disconcerting, it was like abandoning life, but within a week or so I'd completely forgotten I'd ever even used it. Anyone who is really my friend will still be my friend regardless of whether I'm on Facebook or not. I'm also without a smart phone, having ditched that at the same time. I couldn't be happier now I'm used to it!
Original post by PepticSalve
I ditched Facebook a few months ago. At first it was disconcerting, it was like abandoning life, but within a week or so I'd completely forgotten I'd ever even used it. Anyone who is really my friend will still be my friend regardless of whether I'm on Facebook or not. I'm also without a smart phone, having ditched that at the same time. I couldn't be happier now I'm used to it!

Isn't it amazing, you find out how many people don't bother trying to find other ways to get in contact with you. But yeah, the first week was like ugh but now I fell like I never had it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I deleted my twitter account about 2 years ago and then I got fed up with facebook and deleted my account a few months ago and also considering deleting my instagram account.
I was, and still am, just sick of seeing all these people acting "brain dead". I´m sick of people changing their profile pics to flags and repeating the same **** like robots, pretending that they give a **** just for likes: "my thoughts and prayers go to..." every single time something bad happens in the world. Everyone posting these selfies with snapchat dog filters and everyone preteding to be models and posting these pics with random quotes thinking they are deep and are the next great philosopher just to get an x amount of likes...
Original post by Gabriela.K
Yeah I deleted my twitter account about 2 years ago and then I got fed up with facebook and deleted my account a few months ago and also considering deleting my instagram account.
I was, and still am, just sick of seeing all these people acting "brain dead". I´m sick of people changing their profile pics to flags and repeating the same **** like robots, pretending that they give a **** just for likes: "my thoughts and prayers go to..." every single time something bad happens in the world. Everyone posting these selfies with snapchat dog filters and everyone preteding to be models and posting these pics with random quotes thinking they are deep and are the next great philosopher just to get an x amount of likes...

I've noticed that I started to get more and more fed up when all the tragic events over the past few years happened. All these fake people.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can't stand social media, but what is worse is the effect it has on peopleImage RelationshipsBulling And so much more I hate how it seems to get in the way of everything, a meal watching TV having a cuddle in bed and the bloody thing bleeps notification! Family time most people spend half an hour taking a picture to make sure it looks good enough to publish for the public eye ! I hate that if I feel I'm not part of it I am missing out on something! We have the news for updates on what's going g on in the world we have Tex messages and video chat to talk to our friends and family and stay in touch we can even send photos, if we feel like we look good one day take a picture of your self and send it to your boyfriend/ girlfriend if you need to rant use a social privet web like this ! Nothing is privet anymore, nothing is normal anymore !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending