The Student Room Group

I'm a Manc that's moved to Liverpool AMA

I'm born and bred in Manchester, but I moved to Liverpool a few months ago. AMA

Scroll to see replies

what part of Liverpool? I've lived in Dingle and been to many other parts.

And which accent do you prefer? I love me a scouser.
Blue-nose Bast**d :angry:

Just kidding... Greetings from a fellow Manc. :tongue:
Reply 3
Original post by Bang Outta Order
what part of Liverpool? I've lived in Dingle and been to many other parts.

And which accent do you prefer? I love me a scouser.

I'm in Kensington. And no, I hate the accent over here.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Cityfan93
No hate please.:angry:
Is tourism more prominent in Liverpool or Manchester?
Which do you prefer, toenails or fingernails?:holmes:
Reply 6
Original post by 04MR17
No hate please.:angry:
Is tourism more prominent in Liverpool or Manchester?

Manchester by far. A lot more people come to visit Manchester as there is a lot more to do and has a much bigger airport. It just feels so much busier and there's people from all over the globe back there. Liverpool is mostly local Merseyside people.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

:s-smilie:
Manchester by far. A lot more people come to visit Manchester as there is a lot more to do and has a much bigger airport. It just feels so much busier and there's people from all over the globe back there. Liverpool is mostly local Merseyside people.

Posted from TSR Mobile
But what is there to see (in Manchester)?
Reply 9
Original post by 04MR17
But what is there to see (in Manchester)?

Go to Beetham tower, Deansgate shopping and bars, Salford Quays, the Etihad stadium, Trafford centre.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Why is Man United better than Man City?
Go to Beetham tower, Deansgate shopping and bars, Salford Quays, the Etihad stadium, Trafford centre.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The tower and Salford Quays I will give you (Salford not Manchester though, like me saying go to Crosby beach.)
- shopping is not a tourist attraction
- If you don't like sport then stadiums are out.

Original post by UWS
Why is Man United better than Man City?
You're late.
Hello ! Fellow Manc here. Whereabouts in Manchester are you from? Was only ever in Liverpool for one weekend decades ago, but I thought the people were so lovely and friendly.
Oh and can I say, as a United fan, how genuinely pleased I have been with City's success over the last few years. A city the size of Manchester needs more than one successful team.

Go to Beetham tower,

Just a skyscraper, the only one in the whole of Manchester, embarrassing when compared to American cities

Deansgate shopping and bars,

Vastly over-priced, pricing the average Manc out tbh.

the Etihad stadium

Absolute dump, no history in the club and the surrounding area is a post-industrial ghost-town, OT is a better bet by far.

Trafford centre.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nothing unique about that, just a shopping centre, one in most cities these days.
(edited 6 years ago)
I'm in Kensington.

How are you finding Kenny? :lol:

I lived there until I was seven and I remember they were promising a proper revamp. They're still promising it. :lol:

Also: Are there any aspects of Liverpool you like more than Manchester? I agree Manchester offers a lot more as a whole, but are there any specific parts you prefer?
And no, I hate the accent over here.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Also, damn, why you gotta be so harsh. :cry:
Reply 17
Original post by markova21
Hello ! Fellow Manc here. Whereabouts in Manchester are you from? Was only ever in Liverpool for one weekend decades ago, but I thought the people were so lovely and friendly.

I'm from Fallowfield. And I agree that people are friendly over here, but it's not as easy as Manchester to make friends. All my mates are back there and I'm stuck here.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Original post by Jughead's Hat
How are you finding Kenny? :lol:

I lived there until I was seven and I remember they were promising a proper revamp. They're still promising it. :lol:

Also: Are there any aspects of Liverpool you like more than Manchester? I agree Manchester offers a lot more as a whole, but are there any specific parts you prefer?

It's not a good area of Liverpool, but I had to move here because of financial constraints, rent is very cheap here. And that is probably the part I prefer, that rent is cheaper in general.
I do really miss how multicultural Manchester was, when I went on the 142 bus just being around people from all over.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Original post by Jughead's Hat
Also, damn, why you gotta be so harsh. :cry:

It's barely audible

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest