The Student Room Group
Students relax on campus, Teesside University
Teesside University
Middlesbrough
Visit website

MSc Diagnostic Radiography - Jan 2018

Hey!

I've just recently accepted a place for MSc Diagnostic Radiography 2018! I know it's a tiny course but maybe I can find some more people?

Just got my results of my undergrad so I'm definitely gonna be starting in Jan, all going well!

Anyone else applied/interviewed/got a place yet??

^_^

Scroll to see replies

Original post by katemoni
Hey!

I've just recently accepted a place for MSc Diagnostic Radiography 2018! I know it's a tiny course but maybe I can find some more people?

Just got my results of my undergrad so I'm definitely gonna be starting in Jan, all going well!

Anyone else applied/interviewed/got a place yet??

^_^

Hi Kate

We're looking forward to you joining us - congratulations on your offer! :smile:

I've just started a postgrad thread (just in this Teesside University forum) as a way of helping new pg students connect.... it might be worth adding a little shout out on there if there aren't many other MSc Diagnostic Radiographers about on TSR yet.

Let me know if you need anything or have any questions before joining us :biggrin:
(edited 6 years ago)
Students relax on campus, Teesside University
Teesside University
Middlesbrough
Visit website
Hi! I've been accepted onto this course as well, it's so nice to see someone else has too. I graduated a couple of years ago so I'll be coming in from working in a lab.
What did you study beforehand?
Reply 3
Original post by Taracatface
Hi! I've been accepted onto this course as well, it's so nice to see someone else has too. I graduated a couple of years ago so I'll be coming in from working in a lab.
What did you study beforehand?

Oh awesome, hello! Glad to see someone else! I studied Biological Anthropology, (kind of an obscure one I know!) And I've only just graduated so I'm coming in fresh :")
What kind of lab work did you do? Gonna be fun going from that to patient care as well I can imagine :")
I studied forensic anthropology! Small world, eh? Ah cool, where did you study?
I'm currently a Histologist, which is alright but a bit gross! Yeah, it'll be a change but it sounds like such fun and so interesting
Reply 5
Congratulations on getting a place! I've got my interview in a couple of weeks time and I'm both nervous and excited! I just wanted to ask what time was your interview and how long did the whole process last? Thanks!
Congrats on your interview! I can't remember what time exactly my interview was at, but the process took about 3 hours. First you he a talk by the head of the course then you hand in all your forms and have a short test (there's more info about that on the course website) and then an individual interview what took about 15-20 minutes. Hope this helps, and good luck!
Original post by katemoni
Oh awesome, hello! Glad to see someone else! I studied Biological Anthropology, (kind of an obscure one I know!) And I've only just graduated so I'm coming in fresh :":wink:
What kind of lab work did you do? Gonna be fun going from that to patient care as well I can imagine :":wink:

Congratulations to all of you and wish you look on the course.
Interview is in September, don't know if I'll ever get on the course (MSc Diagnostic Radiography)
Anyway if I get an offer I'll be happy.
All the best if I don't see you.
Hamraz Razzaq
Original post by Hamraz.Razzaq
Congratulations to all of you and wish you look on the course.
Interview is in September, don't know if I'll ever get on the course (MSc Diagnostic Radiography)
Anyway if I get an offer I'll be happy.
All the best if I don't see you.
Hamraz Razzaq

Interview was a challenge but hope I get in this time round at Teeside.
Interview date 12/09/2017 13.00pm
Any comments or if u had an interview then please reply.
Wish all of you a good look.
Hamraz Razzaq.
Interview was a challenge but hope I get in this time round at Teeside.
Interview date 12/09/2017 13.00pm
Any comments or if u had an interview then please reply.
Wish all of you a good look.
Hamraz Razzaq.

Hi Razzaq,

How was your interview? When will you get the news about the outcome of your interview?

Thanks
Original post by Benshamoon
Hi Razzaq,

How was your interview? When will you get the news about the outcome of your interview?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by Taracatface
Congrats on your interview! I can't remember what time exactly my interview was at, but the process took about 3 hours. First you he a talk by the head of the course then you hand in all your forms and have a short test (there's more info about that on the course website) and then an individual interview what took about 15-20 minutes. Hope this helps, and good luck!

Thank you! I'm really pleased to say that I have been offered a place for the course too! :smile: will you be living in university accommodation? And do you happen to know what is available to us in terms of financial help such as the bursary (as I read that some postgrad courses this academic year still qualify for NHS bursaries) or PG loan? I have emailed the university already but have heard nothing back as of yet.

Thank you again and I look forward to seeing everyone in January!
That's great, well done!
Ill be living outside of Middlesborough and travelling in, my partner works near York so we have to be somewhere in the middle.
I think the bursary is still available to us, but we'll be the last intake from what I can tell :smile: hope that helps!
Can't wait to meet everyone!
Original post by minixx
Thank you! I'm really pleased to say that I have been offered a place for the course too! :smile: will you be living in university accommodation? And do you happen to know what is available to us in terms of financial help such as the bursary (as I read that some postgrad courses this academic year still qualify for NHS bursaries) or PG loan? I have emailed the university already but have heard nothing back as of yet.

Congratulations for the offer.
When did you have your interview?
And did u get the outcome today?
Anyway take care.
Hamraz R.
Reply 14
Original post by minixx

Hey! Congrats on getting a place! Just fyi, I was asking the uni about deferring a while ago, I'm not going to but during that process they told me that places for Jan 2018 are still NHS commissioned so we'll get our tuition paid by the NHS and also get the NHS bursary. But I emailed the NHS bursary people and they said the application for January funding isn't gonna be open until October ish they said so idk, I'm still a bit nervous about it, but as far as I know we'll get NHS funding. ^_^
Original post by Teesside University
Hi Kate

We're looking forward to you joining us - congratulations on your offer! :smile:

I've just started a postgrad thread (just in this Teesside University forum) as a way of helping new pg students connect.... it might be worth adding a little shout out on there if there aren't many other MSc Diagnostic Radiographers about on TSR yet.

Let me know if you need anything or have any questions before joining us :biggrin:

Hi there iv got an offer too and I really hope i can find good friends who are nice and helpful.
How is Middlesborough?
Are the student Accomodation good?
How many hours do we do in a week in clinical placement?
Is Bones and Joints book by Christine Gunn useful? Clarke Radiographic positioning book?
Anyway I hope to see you if all being well.
Regards
Hamraz from West Yorkshire.
Hi there iv got an offer too and I really hope i can find good friends who are nice and helpful.
How is Middlesborough?
Are the student Accomodation good?
How many hours do we do in a week in clinical placement?
Is Bones and Joints book by Christine Gunn useful? Clarke Radiographic positioning book?
Anyway I hope to see you if all being well.
Regards
Hamraz from West Yorkshire.

That's great news Hamraz! We've got a few active students on the forum who will be able to answer your questions about the town, accommodation and course. :smile:
Original post by Teesside University
That's great news Hamraz! We've got a few active students on the forum who will be able to answer your questions about the town, accommodation and course. :smile:

Would I still be able to apply for the Jan 2018 intake? I only just did my work experience in radiographer department which I understand is a requirement for admission.
Original post by thumus81
Would I still be able to apply for the Jan 2018 intake? I only just did my work experience in radiographer department which I understand is a requirement for admission.

Yes sure you can.
When you click the apply button from the course contents page, then it will take you to the next page.
If there are vacant places, the apply button will be blue, enabling you to apply.
Do prepare for the interview.
All the best!
Hamraz
Has anyone heard anything from them since getting an acceptance letter? I haven't heard anything about a start date, or timetable or anything yet! Need to know when I should hand in my notice 😂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending