The Student Room Group

I don't really get transgenderism??

Firstly before I start I wanna say I don't wanna offend anyone, I'm not a hard line right winger lol! I'm just curious about this becasue I have a few questions...

I don't really understand how someone can feel like they're born into the wrong body, like I just don't know how someone doesn't feel male/female- I am a man, I don't really know what being a man feels like? I could never say I feel like a woman, because I don't know what that feels like, do you know what I mean? I could ATM feel like a woman, but I wouldn't know that I feel like a woman becasue I don't know what being a woman would feel like? I am probably talking rubbish here, it's late :tongue: but this does confuse me?

I think society has stereotyped genders so much so that a 'man' does this and a 'woman' does that. If one doesn't conform to that maybe they don't think they fit that gender?

Please don't be offended by what I've said, I am just curious about this, not skeptical.
I get what your trying to say regarding gender stereotypes but there's something else about knowing you're a man/woman but don't really know how to describe.

Like I feel happy I was born a man but don't know why. Transgenders don't feel the same.
Original post by I hate exams!
Firstly before I start I wanna say I don't wanna offend anyone, I'm not a hard line right winger lol! I'm just curious about this becasue I have a few questions...

I don't really understand how someone can feel like they're born into the wrong body, like I just don't know how someone doesn't feel male/female- I am a man, I don't really know what being a man feels like? I could never say I feel like a woman, because I don't know what that feels like, do you know what I mean? I could ATM feel like a woman, but I wouldn't know that I feel like a woman becasue I don't know what being a woman would feel like? I am probably talking rubbish here, it's late :tongue: but this does confuse me?

I think society has stereotyped genders so much so that a 'man' does this and a 'woman' does that. If one doesn't conform to that maybe they don't think they fit that gender?

Please don't be offended by what I've said, I am just curious about this, not skeptical.

Today's society is full of this messed up stuff. We just gotta move on and get on with our lives.
Reply 3
I think it's probably the fact that transgendered people feel like they don't conform to their gender role so much that it grinds their gears to be referred to as their birth sex.

I don't think anyone really knows apart from them.
Original post by Monster BG Crew
Today's society is full of this messed up stuff. We just gotta move on and get on with our lives.

It's not messed up. I don't see any hate in his post.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending