The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

Airsoft Society (Re-start-up)

So the Airsoft society had no one running it and I'm etting the forms sent to me so I can hopefully get the Society running again.

If anyone would be interested in joining, please send me a message or reply here.

Cheers.
Reply 1
Original post by Tictok
So the Airsoft society had no one running it and I'm etting the forms sent to me so I can hopefully get the Society running again.

If anyone would be interested in joining, please send me a message or reply here.

Cheers.

quite a few people were interested but unfortunately the society wasnt running this year so people were unable to join.
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by braiiny_
quite a few people were interested but unfortunately the society wasnt running this year so people were unable to join.

Well assuming I can get transport sorted out, im going to start it back up.
Reply 3
Would you be interested at all? I've managed to find a few others in my rooting around
Reply 4
Hi, I know it's a bit of an old(ish) post. Did this ever start up again? The reason I ask is that I start hull uni in September and I'm a regular(ish) airsofter.
Reply 5
Unfortunately not, however I usually go at least once a month but I do go every weekend if I'm able to. There's meant to be a few decent sites around Hull and I've got in contact with a company that can get us airsoft guns and kit in hull, I've already purchased a few things from them myself. I would be interested in setting a society up for it and I'll be going into my second year, it's just getting all the people there to sort everything out properly. The main issue when I spoke about it was transport as the university has a minibus, but it requires hiring and it's just not worthwhile going with the extortionate price they charge. I do have a Ford Focus but getting 3 people and everyone's kit in makes it a bit cramped and I don't know enough people willing or able to drive down for it to be a regular thing.
Reply 6
Pity to hear that.

Im hoping to try and go about once a month (not been able to go as often due to working most weekends at the mo).

I've not personally tried the sites close to hull, I go to humber airsoft over the bridge or LAC combat zone in Lincoln.

If its the shop I think it is, I don't really rate them that much, I use an online site called weekend warrior.

Would be good to meet up with like minded individuals tho.

And I know what you mean about the car, I have a mondeo and with 4
3/4 of us + gear it's a little 'snug' lol.
Reply 7
Original post by renniks
Pity to hear that.

Im hoping to try and go about once a month (not been able to go as often due to working most weekends at the mo).

I've not personally tried the sites close to hull, I go to humber airsoft over the bridge or LAC combat zone in Lincoln.

If its the shop I think it is, I don't really rate them that much, I use an online site called weekend warrior.

Would be good to meet up with like minded individuals tho.

And I know what you mean about the car, I have a mondeo and with 4
3/4 of us + gear it's a little 'snug' lol.

I haven't been to any of the Hull sites yet, Humber airsoft is meant to be decent but only if your a regular. A lot of people have recommended slaughterhouse. You won't know the company I'm talking about because they aren't mostly airsoft, it's just something I persuaded the owner to set up for so some of us can get stuff off him. 😂
And my gear alone takes up half my boot space due to me owning 3 guns and one of them is an M249, obviously I have to run a box mag and I have a pretty hefty plate carrier as well.

I am looking forward to going to some sites when I get back as I've gotten back into it again due to me coming home.
Thankfully I work through the week and not weekends so I have them free to go to skirmishes 😄

Quick Reply

Latest