The Student Room Group

Poll shows Americans support Trump's travel ban

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/07/05/trump-travel-ban-poll-voters-240215

84% of Republicans, 56% of independents and 41% of Democrats support the travel ban on six Muslim countries. Overall, a majority of Americans surveyed by the left wing Politico site supported the ban.
What hope is there...
Reply 2
They're known for their lack of intelligence the Americans.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Still no sign of good ol' Saudi Arabia getting put on that list. I wonder why not?
Original post by cbreef
What hope is there...

None, Trump is President.
Original post by SMEGGGY
They're known for their lack of intelligence the Americans.

Posted from TSR Mobile

lul, someone has a different political standpoint to you > call them unintelligent
Original post by mangatardallys
lul, someone has a different political standpoint to you > call them unintelligent

Tbf, this is the absolute height of ignorance on the Americans' part. The biggest threat to the US is from home grown terrorists, not people coming from Somalia or Iran.

Original post by Meany Pie
None, Trump is President.

PRSOM. I know a lot of people who think he's doing a good job. It's saddening.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 7
Good for them. Now, shouldn't we be focusing on our own problems?
Original post by Ash8991
Good for them. Now, shouldn't we be focusing on our own problems?

Are you kidding? It's always great fun to watch 'the greatest country on Earth' stumble from one disaster to the next.
Original post by cbreef
Tbf, this is the absolute height of ignorance on the Americans' part. The biggest threat to the US is from home grown terrorists, not people coming from Somalia or Iran.

PRSOM. I know a lot of people who think he's doing a good job. It's saddening.

Are we going to ignore the fact that radicals fly to these countries, are radicalised, and come back to carry out attacks?
Original post by Dodgypirate
Are we going to ignore the fact that radicals fly to these countries, are radicalised, and come back to carry out attacks?

That's why we have vetting and intelligence services. A blanket ban is not the answer.
Yay
IMG_6406.PNG

It boggles my mind as to how people can fall for this. Someone that happily sells arms to countries that unashamedly fund terrorism.
All positive effects of a blanket ban on Muslims are cancelled out by this very act.

Oh well.. inb4 you're just a dumb libtard/Islamist/what have you
Did some digging on politico and can say unlike most American sources it is very credible. So this poll highly concerns me. Then again the majority of the Americans couldn't even point out where Britain is on a map.
Original post by cbreef
That's why we have vetting and intelligence services. A blanket ban is not the answer.

That is not what the American people think according to this poll, nor the President they elected.

And it kinda is their country, is it not?
It's gonna make them feel safer but in reality it's not going to help by much.
It's more than a little concerning to see the poll results on this, but not hugely surprising, I suppose - they did also vote Trump in, after all.
Reply 16
Original post by shadowdweller
It's more than a little concerning to see the poll results on this, but not hugely surprising, I suppose - they did also vote Trump in, after all.

Why is it concerning?
Original post by Ladbants
Why is it concerning?

Why is it concerning that people support an unwarranted ban against innocent people?
Original post by cbreef
Are you kidding? It's always great fun to watch 'the greatest country on Earth' stumble from one disaster to the next.

Disasters like ruining your economy, currency, and reputation by voting to leave and piss off the huge, powerful trade bloc on your doorstep that you do the vast majority of your trade with on the back of a campaign fueled by lies and xenophobia?

Do you realise Britain is almost as big a joke in the world as the US is? Difference is, Trump will be impeached sooner or later and things will normalise again over there, but the **** you lot got yourself in will take generations to fix, if ever.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending