The Student Room Group

British student in Denmark. AMA!

Hej alle sammen!
I've just finished first year at Aalborg university studying B/Sc in electronic and computer engineering.
I'm interested to hear from anyone else in Denmark, or anyone thinking of applying, whether at AAU or elsewhere.
Ask me anything.
Original post by thefoilist1
Hej alle sammen!
I've just finished first year at Aalborg university studying B/Sc in electronic and computer engineering.
I'm interested to hear from anyone else in Denmark, or anyone thinking of applying, whether at AAU or elsewhere.
Ask me anything.

Things that surprised you, things you think are better than the UK and things you dont like.
things that surprised me:
-how expensive beer is in shops
-how cheap the beer gets when you bring it back across the German border :tongue:
-24 hour library on a tiny campus (woot woot!)
-sympathy for/over/with brexit...
-we are all very social for engineers, given that 50% of our ECTS are in project work

better than UK
-No tuition fees :biggrin: actually this is going to change soon, but they will still be very cheap.
-free Danish courses (run by the kommune)
-lots of collaboration in project work

don't like:
-a lot of the laws and regulations aren't translated into english which can be a pain if you need to quote something for a project... you learn Danish quick though
-the tax system is an absolute nightmare to get your head around. you can arrange a workshop through the kommune for this though
-lack of fish and chips, as well as fried chicken :/

Hope this helps :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
How is the bacon?
Original post by ghenn_chude_che
How is the bacon?

Very good :smile: you can get 650-700g for 35 Kr. from netto when its on offer, so I grab 3-4 packs and freeze some for later... On the downside I did put on a little bit of weight this year, but nothing unhealthy.
Best served on rye bread with a tuborg classic or 3 to drink. friday dinner :smile:
Reply 5
Hey,I want to apply for a masters program there.How are the university conditions?
Reply 6
Is it hard to get admitted into this Uni of AAlborg? Interested in doing Chemical Engineering. How does the teaching differ to the British System?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending