The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Having a look at the History courses on track and there are only one or two places I'd like to go to when/if I don't get into Cambridge :frown: Lincoln (BBC) being the main one lol.
Original post by Doonesbury
Forecast is correct. Most (90%+) decisions will be updated on Track at 8am, or just before. So you will be UF (Unconditional, you have the place) or rejected by Cambridge.

It's only the near-misses that will still show as conditional.

Thank goodness... Means that if the impossible happens I have time to sort my makeup up for the inevitable photo school will want taking for the local press😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SteamboatMickey
Having a look at the History courses on track and there are only one or two places I'd like to go to when/if I don't get into Cambridge :frown: Lincoln (BBC) being the main one lol.

There aren't really any courses that appeal to me other than UEA, who offered me an unconditional place for natural sciences if I firmed them... They will certainly be my first phone call if I'm in clearing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rayofsunshine98
There aren't really any courses that appeal to me other than UEA, who offered me an unconditional place for natural sciences if I firmed them... They will certainly be my first phone call if I'm in clearing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Think I might ring up York if I'm in clearing because there is a lecturer who I email and she REALLY likes me :lol: I'll be like "please please please I've had the worst mid-year of my life just let me go to a uni that I will be happy at I will do you proud"
Thank goodness... Means that if the impossible happens I have time to sort my makeup up for the inevitable photo school will want taking for the local press😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Now I am thinking of how much I have failed my exams and screwed them up ughhh

Are examiners usually nice or mean :bawling:
Yeah I had this today seeing a few friends with IB results... Think I've missed both Cambridge and my insurance :frown:

Actually want to cry knowing that I'll be really close to the A* in several subjects but won't actually have the two I need and feel missing hte offer by 2 is too much for them to consider despite being close in UMS

EDIT: For those who gave you offers earlier but you declined, is it worth crawling back to them? (Even if not in clearing)- not much appeals right now there but obvs may change come results day
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Xphoenix
Yeah I had this today seeing a few friends with IB results... Think I've missed both Cambridge and my insurance :frown:

Actually want to cry knowing that I'll be really close to the A* in several subjects but won't actually have the two I need and feel missing hte offer by 2 is too much for them to consider despite being close in UMS

EDIT: For those who gave you offers earlier but you declined, is it worth crawling back to them? (Even if not in clearing)- not much appeals right now there but obvs may change come results day

It's such a pain, isn't it? I just think I've screwed up too many parts of my exams to get A*A*A.
Forecast is correct. Most (90%+) decisions will be updated on Track at 8am, or just before. So you will be UF (Unconditional, you have the place) or rejected by Cambridge.

It's only the near-misses that will still show as conditional.

I think it depends on the college and how near. I missed my offer in 2013 (AAAA instead of A*AA) but when I checked track at 8am it was unconditional as Caius had already got my results the day before I think and decided to accept me :moon: Which is lucky as I would have been distraught if I'd gone to collect my results before seeing that!
Reply 3448
Didn't expect Durham to be in clearing lol :angry:
Original post by zpx
Didn't expect Durham to be in clearing lol :angry:

It's not really at the moment... only courses with foundation year
Reply 3450
Original post by Etoile
I think it depends on the college and how near. I missed my offer in 2013 (AAAA instead of A*AA) but when I checked track at 8am it was unconditional as Caius had already got my results the day before I think and decided to accept me :moon: Which is lucky as I would have been distraught if I'd gone to collect my results before seeing that!

Yes true, by near-misses I meant "still-in-consideration near-misses".

They have your results a few days ahead (I think it's Sunday). The acceptances are easy, the big misses are easy (and rare), the near misses are not so easy :smile:

Usually they will ask near misses for UMS/raw marks on Results Day - they don't get that info in advance. So you were probably quite fortunate to get an early positive confirmation. :smile:
Nottingham is further from home for me than Cambridge, but we have family friends within an hour. And I have no idea who he is, but I'll have to watch it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

At least you wont potentially run into family if you get into Cambridge though. Unlike myself (slightly tenuous though it is)
Yes true, by near-misses I meant "still-in-consideration near-misses".

They have your results a few days ahead (I think it's Sunday). The acceptances are easy, the big misses are easy (and rare), the near misses are not so easy :smile:

Usually they will ask near misses for UMS/raw marks on Results Day - they don't get that info in advance. So you were probably quite fortunate to get an early positive confirmation. :smile:

I wish it was August already...
Are examiners usually nice or mean :bawling:

This reminds me of a quote from my AS-level physics teacher. (slightly paraphrasing here)

"Lots of students talk about the examiner being in a good or bad mood. What you really need to do is to answer the questions in such a way that, even if the examiner is in the foulest of moods possible, he has no choice but to award you the marks" :lol:
Original post by Forecast
This reminds me of a quote from my AS-level physics teacher. (slightly paraphrasing here)

"Lots of students talk about the examiner being in a good or bad mood. What you really need to do is to answer the questions in such a way that, even if the examiner is in the foulest of moods possible, he has no choice but to award you the marks" :lol:

Easier said than done for the humanities and arts subjects like English Literature :frown:
Easier said than done for the humanities and arts subjects like English Literature :frown:

This :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am so bored :frown:

Watch prison break
Original post by physicsmaths
Watch prison break

Perhaps I will

Ok, perhaps you could explain to me how to get rid of the irritating pop-up box on tsr that asks me whether I want to know more about clearing. (I don't.) I've tried tapping on "not interested" but it still reappears after a minute or so. Driving me mad. Endless rep coming your way if you can solve this 😩

Thank you!!

Latest

Trending

Trending