The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Sebastian1299
I haven't started A Levels yet but I will in September this year. I've already self taught myself the entire first module in 1 day but I'm guessing that's the simple one. (I have a good memory.) I'm just wondering what module would be the hardest? So far I'm loving chemistry!!

None are hard in terms of content. Personally I found Module 5 easier than Module 6.

I would say they are pretty equal-- of course M5 and M6 are harder due to them being Year 13 modules. It just depends on the question.
I haven't started A Levels yet but I will in September this year. I've already self taught myself the entire first module in 1 day but I'm guessing that's the simple one. (I have a good memory.) I'm just wondering what module would be the hardest? So far I'm loving chemistry!!

End of module 6 when you get onto extending your carbon chain and nitriles and amides and that funky stuff :mmm:

How did you learn module 1, from a textbook,online?What resources ddi you use?
Original post by Anonymous1502
How did you learn module 1, from a textbook,online?What resources ddi you use?

Official school textbook I've brought it as advised by the school on the tester days
Original post by SGHD26716
None are hard in terms of content. Personally I found Module 5 easier than Module 6.

I would say they are pretty equal-- of course M5 and M6 are harder due to them being Year 13 modules. It just depends on the question.

Alright thank you! I'm definitely looking forward to learning that aswell but my book only covers year 1, I didn't buy year 2 yet as I'm focused on getting the first year done
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
End of module 6 when you get onto extending your carbon chain and nitriles and amides and that funky stuff :mmm:

Exciting 😆😆
Exciting 😆😆

isn't it just? :fan:
Some people, depending on mathematical ability, found some aspects of module 5 hard (when it comes to log rules and rearranging into y=mx + c with Arrhenius etc.)
Official school textbook I've brought it as advised by the school on the tester days

How many hours did model take you to complete?How do you know 100% that you actually knwo and understand module 1?Are you planning to cover the whole of year 1 in the summer?
How many hours did model take you to complete?How do you know 100% that you actually knwo and understand module 1?Are you planning to cover the whole of year 1 in the summer?

I answer the practice questions and going to try to find some relevant past paper. No I'm simply planning on doing as much as I can in as much detail as I can. Also I close the book and give it to my mum to test me, I'm good with recalling information and just repeat it in my head until it solidifies.
isn't it just? :fan:
Some people, depending on mathematical ability, found some aspects of module 5 hard (when it comes to log rules and rearranging into y=mx + c with Arrhenius etc.)

I hope I don't find it too hard 😭😂 I'm so happy about chemistry so far, so Interesting. I'm doing bilogy aswell.

I probably won't finish it all as I'm going to do biology aswell.

It took me 2 hours and 15 minutes?? Maybe 30. Including notes. I took a 30 mins break though so I can go over it in my head.
I hope I don't find it too hard 😭😂 I'm so happy about chemistry so far, so Interesting. I'm doing biology aswell.

Oh I've just realised you probably mean the first year of A-level Chemistry? That's all fairly decent. I don't think there was a particularly difficult part? Some definitions can get tricky and long but if you have a good memory you will be fine.
The second year of Chemistry is where it steps up a bit.

Biology (from my friends) is much harder and will really require that memory of yours :sadnod:
Oh I've just realised you probably mean the first year of A-level Chemistry? That's all fairly decent. I don't think there was a particularly difficult part? Some definitions can get tricky and long but if you have a good memory you will be fine.
The second year of Chemistry is where it steps up a bit.

Biology (from my friends) is much harder and will really require that memory of yours :sadnod:

God I know biology is 335 pages and Chemistry is only 250 in my book. But I'm really enjoying it so far!
God I know biology is 335 pages and Chemistry is only 250 in my book. But I'm really enjoying it so far!

:woo: You can do it Mr Sebastian! :woo:
[scroll]:rave: [/scroll]
:woo: You can do it Mr Sebastian! :woo:
[scroll]:rave: [/scroll]

Thank you haha!!!!! 😂😂😂
I probably won't finish it all as I'm going to do biology aswell.

What exam board are you doing for biology?
What exam board are you doing for biology?

OCR (most schools do OCR science.)
OCR (most schools do OCR science.)

Im not sure if that is quite true, I applied to 3 schools and one does oCR biology,one edexcel and one aqa.I think for biology is a mix but all of them do chemistry OCR A.It would be interesting if someone could find some stats on how many people do each exam board for bio and chem a level.

Latest