The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

[video="youtube;qL_p9qjfu5U"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qL_p9qjfu5U[/video]

lets all take a moment to cheer ourselves up with this marvellous totally not cringey or pretentious speech made by this toff
don't worry haugey i want thatcher to get out the way too so i never have to bloody learn about her again :awesome:
k im gonna fail bye :flybye:
I feel like this should be a long post really and one full of thanks to everyone who has helped me this year but im gonna save that for now because im rlly tired and i want to do justice to everyone. I think today's exam went ok, in fact i think it was probably the best out of all of them probably because i was more calm and kind of thought about my answers more, not that i didnt for the others but i was more 'in the swing of it' i guess which is funny cos i thought i knew absolutely nothing about anything. Tbf i did get quite lucky in so far as the questions were asking stuff on the bits i was more confident on which is always a good thing. Idk really it's in the lap of the gods examiners so no good stressing about it now. Honestly i think this just really shows that you can get there if you put your mind to it, not that i didnt know that already but i really didnt think i would get here physically and metaphorically. Regardless of whatever grades i get i do know that i have tried my absolute hardest and for a long time as well, my exams started in april :emo: although tbf i do have fewer than most ppl because of that. Obviously i would be disappointed if i didnt get what i would like in terms of grades but i really dont know what else i could have done to make me get a higher mark. I hope i have made people proud, i feel content with myself as much as i can be because i really do know there wasn't much else i could have done, i just hope it all works out. At least now i can focus on uni as it is a nice feeling to be definitely going cos i have to plan stuff months in advance and hoard things otherwise i get stressed so i can start preparing my uni shoebox under my bed with uni things in. Anyway that's all really, idk what im gonna do with this thread now because obviously i dont have to revise anymore :crazy:i would get it deleted as i dont think many ppl follow it or really read it but i do find it useful to post in so i might use it to help structure some summer things
anyway i am going to go and enjoy being a free cavy :nyan::lazy:
Cavy is a free Cavy!!

You have made so many of us proud :smile: glad it went well, and whatever happened anyway you're done! Can enjoy your summer and then uni and have so much fun and stress free-ness (or less anyway, I know what you're like :tongue:). Excited for you, and very proud of you!
Original post by furryface12
Cavy is a free Cavy!!

You have made so many of us proud :smile: glad it went well, and whatever happened anyway you're done! Can enjoy your summer and then uni and have so much fun and stress free-ness (or less anyway, I know what you're like :tongue:). Excited for you, and very proud of you!

i feel like dobby :colondollar:

Spoiler

awwww FF :hugs: that honestly means so much :lovehug: thank you for being so consistently lovely to me and supportive, hope you are well :hugs:

------------
accommodation secured :woo:

Spoiler

I like that my only aim for today is to watch as many shark movies as possible :tongue:
makes a change from 'omg i have to revise x in x number of hours' :lol:

oh also need to clean my room but i am the master of multitasking :dolphin:
i have run out of shark movies :sad:

on the plus side i have been learning to cook well i could already slightly cook but it wasnt really cooking it was more like knowing how to chop garlic and onion etc not really making anything edible cos everything that emerged out of year 9 food tech was more like biohazardous waste. So now i know how to make pasta and spaghetti from scratch and i've written down all the recipes in my notebook
i also have managed to hoard the following in my shoeboxes which i will take with me:

Spoiler

i like doing this stuff it makes me feel more prepared and less paranoid about it all plus if i get it all ready now then i wont have to buy it at uni with my non existent monies

i feel like this is like a 44 week DofE expedition only with fewer tents
Original post by CoolCavy
maybe i would just like to be myself in 4 months time.

well Cavy it's still a bit crap ngl, better than 4 months ago though
That was a pretty nice day overall :cute: saw some really rare art in one of the galleries which im super happy about cos i actually used that artist as a reference for my AS exam art project and it also linked to stuff i've done for A level history :work:

i have added a new toothbrush and a box of toothpaste to my shoebox now as well

(ik noone is reading this and its not riveting either but it helps me keep track of what i have got and what i need to get)

next on the list is underwear and a wallet cos i dont have enough of one and dont have the other one at all
lol what even is this thread, need to move it out of 'A-levels' but idk where it would be moved to

would make it that summer bucket list thing but i can guarantee no-one wants to read a bucket list about me buying toothbrushes :rofl: plus all the vaguely exciting things ive already done cos it's been summer for 3 weeks

if my friends could all stop sending me photographs of them in another country on boats i would appreci8 :smile:
i have run out of shark movies :sad:

Have you watched Sharknado or Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus?

lol what even is this thread, need to move it out of 'A-levels' but idk where it would be moved to

Blogs?
Original post by Meany Pie
Have you watched Sharknado or Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus?

Blogs?

i have run out of *good shark movies :mmm:

and you always have the best ideas :getmecoat: i forgot blogs was a thing
i have run out of *good shark movies :mmm:

and you always have the best ideas :getmecoat: i forgot blogs was a thing

All the Jaws'?

I don't know who moves things, you need a mover :h:
All the Jaws'?

I don't know who moves things, you need a mover :h:

the jaws arent good movies :nope: the rubber shark :sad:

and me neither ngl, there are so many names at the bottom of this forum but idk if they are movers
the jaws arent good movies :nope: the rubber shark :sad:

and me neither ngl, there are so many names at the bottom of this forum but idk if they are movers

They are :shock: take that back! :bawling:

@Reality Check can you point us in the direction of a thread mover (and shaker) :h:

@Reality Check can you point us in the direction of a thread mover (and shaker) :h:

You found one :smile:

Where do you want this moving to, friends?

i refuse :huff:

an thread mover and shaker :rofl: i was thinking should it be in grow your grades but im not really growing grades anymore and i never wanted to be in the GYG competition and then i thought about university life but im not at university yet

probably blogs is best :hmmmm2:
Original post by Reality Check

Blogs?
Blogs?

Original post by Reality Check

oh sorry RC i didnt see your comment :getmecoat:

i think so :colondollar: if that's where everyone thinks it is most appropriate

i need a new title too but that can wait a bit :blushing:
i refuse :huff:

an thread mover and shaker :rofl: i was thinking should it be in grow your grades but im not really growing grades anymore and i never wanted to be in the GYG competition and then i thought about university life but im not at university yet

:bawling:

Well it is pretty much a blog :h:

Latest