The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Doonesbury
I do hope that problem isn't a regular feature of your life.

Cheerio.

Now that was a droll putdown done well. You've excelled yourself.

Cheers.
Hmmm, I seem to recall its first principle: Don't criticize, condemn, or complain.

I think I need to reread it again. I've reverted back to complaining about everything in life lol
Original post by NeverLucky
I think I need to reread it again. I've reverted back to complaining about everything in life lol

I complain all the time online :lol: In 'real life', I rarely complain. Weird.
Original post by Socratesfam
Christ, all this talk of Star Wars, Harry Potter and Pokemon makes me wonder if I spoke too soon when I said we're not all stereotypical nerds. I didn't envisage the brightest young minds in the country being so enamoured of this infantile stuff. I mean I'm partial to some star wars but Pokemon???

Pokemon is great ok
Original post by SteamboatMickey
Yeah, I am haha. No, I'm sure you won't. I'm not gonna bring my DS or something to uni. I haven't even touched it since the Christmas holidays, I was just defending myself. My interests are still very nerdy but only when you get to know me or chat to me on TSR where I just don't give a cr*p about someone over the internet thinking I'm a huge nerd. I keep my nerdy stuff to myself, except where history, philosophy, politics, etc etc is concerned.

**** that I'm taking my DS :biggrin:
I shall. I hope you enjoy continued success as a moderator of a great thread. I thoroughly enjoyed it until I participated.
All the best.

Top tip: try not to be as unpleasant in october, you wont make many friends
Original post by Obiejess
**** that I'm taking my DS :biggrin:

Me too then :wink:

I'm 99.9% certain you play Pokémon, right? Battle during freshers? :lol:
Pokemon is great ok

Definitely!!! (Mind my last message i only just saw this post!)
Me too then :wink:

I'm 99.9% certain you play Pokémon, right? Battle during freshers? :lol:

Yes, well will meet up :biggrin:
Top tip: try not to be as unpleasant in october, you wont make many friends

And to think I was rooting for you: I still remember you from my personality type thread. I make one inane comment about a 3+ game and everyone reacts like I'm a Nazi and I'm the unpleasant one?
Top tip: if you spent less time being a cry baby on TSR, you might have actually hit your offer. Good luck in York. And now you really can call me unpleasant
And to think I was rooting for you: I still remember you from my personality type thread. I make one inane comment about a 3+ game and everyone reacts like I'm a Nazi and I'm the unpleasant one?
Top tip: if you spent less time being a cry baby on TSR, you might have actually hit your offer. Good luck in York. And now you really can call me unpleasant

Wow, this is just sad
Wow, this is just sad

Oh, you mean you dislike being patronised? Well, so do I. Fortunately, well never have to meet. Save your pro tips for your York buddies.
Oh, you mean you dislike being patronised? Well, so do I. Fortunately, well never have to meet. Save your pro tips for your York buddies.

I thought you were leaving. .
Reply 3533
Original post by NeverLucky

I complain all the time online :lol: In 'real life', I rarely complain. Weird.

There's no problem in complaining, or as I prefer to think of it: "straight talking". But Carnegie is actually a sales-person and his book is really a manual to help people make sales. Complaining or condemning a potential client/customer is obviously not a good strategy :wink:

That said, wandering into a room and complaining/condemning some of the people inside is also not a good strategy either :smile: - and to then backtrack and say, aw guys I didn't really mean like that, is disingenuous at best.

Mate just calm down....
There's no problem in complaining, or as I prefer to think of it: "straight talking". But Carnegie is actually a sales-person and his book is really a manual to help people make sales. Complaining or condemning a potential client/customer is obviously not a good strategy :wink:

That said, wandering into a room and complaining/condemning some of the people inside is also not a good strategy either :smile: - and to then backtrack and say, aw guys I didn't really mean like that, is disingenuous at best.

Absolutely! Arguably, is it slightly gaslighting and manipulative if you backtrack like that? In a serious and ongoing situation, anyway.
Oh man, I miss all the good stuff.
Original post by zippidee

Now you can catch up! :wink:
Original post by zippidee

Eye of the beholder I think. The last flurry of messages to seemed more pathetic than anything else from one side (no guesses who).
Now you can catch up! :wink:

Oh, I have. :awesome:

Original post by an_atheist
Eye of the beholder I think. The last flurry of messages to seemed more pathetic than anything else from one side (no guesses who).

The only way I can deal with this kind of thing is with humour, otherwise I get sad that apparently we haven't moved on from when I got teased for having a Tots TV backpack in year 3. I hope people on this thread know what Tots TV is.

Anyway, I hope everyone with a DS takes it to Cambridge - in fact, I hope that anyone with any hobby takes their 'equipment' to Cambridge. Life is way too short to pretend to be something you're not to please other people. If my eyes didn't hate video games I'd be taking a DS. As it is, I'm 27 and will content myself with taking my Doctor Who Pop figures down.

Latest

Trending

Trending