The Student Room Group

History Journals? Wider reading?

Looking for academic history journals or books that I could read online. My British history knowledge is very strong, but I would like to know more about historian's theories and historiography. I'm always listening to lectures, podcasts, going to museums and reading books, but I feel as if I'm still not reading the right things.
Original post by old6h
Looking for academic history journals or books that I could read online. My British history knowledge is very strong, but I would like to know more about historian's theories and historiography. I'm always listening to lectures, podcasts, going to museums and reading books, but I feel as if I'm still not reading the right things.

JSTOR is a website that has a lot of online articles that you can read on any subject you're interested. 'British history' is very vague for any of us to be able to recommend the right books. Is there any time period in particular that you are interested in?
Reply 2
Original post by constantine2016
JSTOR is a website that has a lot of online articles that you can read on any subject you're interested. 'British history' is very vague for any of us to be able to recommend the right books. Is there any time period in particular that you are interested in?

Agreed. Can you be a bit more specific?

In the meantime you could look into any of Dan Jones' books and/or TV shows. He studies the medieval and early modern periods so his historiography is quite wide ranging as well as accessible and entertaining - he's produced material on everything from the Magna Carter to Henry VIII's wives.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending