The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by zippidee

So, what societies are we looking forward to?

Definitely the Union, obviously all the law stuff too, the labour soc, -and I was thinking maybe the History one too. Also, as a bit of an odd one I have been considering the assassins :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SteamboatMickey
It is getting a bit out of hand now. :redface: Sorry if I've overstepped any boundary.

You go girl. I'm buying you a drink for that during freshers :yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WhiteScythe
They were not minor at all. There was constant disruption for an hour ongoing as a nearby door was opened and closed repeatedly and people playing sports just outside. My school actually issued me and one other boy an official apology such was the scale of the problem.

Interesting. You'd think the people playing games outside would have disrupted the entire cohort equally, not just you and one other boy. So why was it that just you two received the 'official apology'?
Original post by Obiejess

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh, are you going up to Medwards with SBM? :woo:
Original post by Reality Check
Interesting. You'd think the people playing games outside would have disrupted the entire cohort equally, not just you and one other boy. So why was it that just you two received the 'official apology'?

We were sitting in a separate area to the main cohort, I was sitting a different paper (turning points) and he had the flu.
Oh, are you going up to Medwards with SBM? :woo:

Nope, Tit Hall for Law. But I will mesage her and meet up for sure :biggrin:

Also because we need to have that pokemon battle :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll take a double vodka and coke please :wink:
Original post by NeverLucky
I'll take a double vodka and coke please :wink:

No problem :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
This thread is brilliant because of people like you - helping, supporting, never trying the one-upmanship or showing off. And we like to keep it that way :hugs:/ageappropriate.

Aw, thank you! Well, I usually don't have any bother with anyone, just idiots who think they can push people around with typed up words.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll hold you to that :wink: Joking, but thanks, Jess! Look forward to hopefully seeing you in October!!! I do hope we both get our grades :h:
Aw, thank you! Well, I usually don't have any bother with anyone, just idiots who think they can push people around with typed up words.

I'll hold you to that :wink: Joking, but thanks, Jess! Look forward to hopefully seeing you in October!!! I do hope we both get our grades :h:

Fingers crossed :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am actually really looking forward to meeting you! :biggrin: You seem like a nice person, like my kind-of-person. :lol:

Hey, guys I just got an email from Medwards. I finally sent in my choice of tripos papers (if I get the grades) and they sent me a message back telling me to have a good summer and they'll be in touch in due course. :colondollar: I just hope I get those grades, I can't help getting a little excited by the possibility.
I am actually really looking forward to meeting you! :biggrin: You seem like a nice person, like my kind-of-person. :lol:

Hey, guys I just got an email from Medwards. I finally sent in my choice of tripos papers (if I get the grades) and they sent me a message back telling me to have a good summer and they'll be in touch in due course. :colondollar: I just hope I get those grades, I can't help getting a little excited by the possibility.

Thank you! Same :h:

I know exactly what you mean. I've been doing loads of law reading and then I get all excited about the course but then I'm suddenly overwhelmed with fear like - what if just building myself up for failure. It's an awful cycle. 40 days and we'll know.

Out of interest, what are your course choices (I really like history too, and will probably take a history paper at some point :biggrin: ) ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lucky you - I was supervised for Criminal at Tit Hall, a million-and-one years ago :moon:

They also have jolly decent formals!
I really want some more HP pops. Particularly Harry, Ron, and Hermione but you're right there are so many variations! I always see Goblet of Fire Ron next to Philosophers stone Harry and Hermione. :redface: I like consistency.

I loved Matt Smith, and Tennant. My Dad met Tom Baker when he was a little kid (there's a really funny/adorable story behind that) so that's his favourite Doctor because it was a special encounter for him. The last season with Capaldi was pretty good but I think he's taken a long time to get there. I didn't like Clara much, so that might factor into my perception.

Love that your Dad met Tom Baker! My Mum used to play with Patrick Troughton when they were kids. Showing my age here, but he was my first Doctor Who, and I still think one of the best. And yes, we did spend most of the programmes peeking out from behind the sofa 😱
Reply 3574
@Doonesbury

If you're around - could you 'deal'...:smile:

All gone - hopefully.

(That'll learn me for believing people when they say they are leaving...)

Folks, don't mind the troll. There's eejits in all areas of life including Oxbridge. Maybe they are related to that £20 note dude...

I haven't been asked to pick my papers yet, although I did tell my interviewers 4 of the papers I wanted to do (we have to pick 5). I've been sure of those 4 all along, but I keep flitting between a few options for the 5th paper - Christian conversion in late antiquity, contemporary religion (kind of social studies based) and then a paper about the question of God. I think I'm going for the God paper.

Definitely the Union, obviously all the law stuff too, the labour soc, -and I was thinking maybe the History one too. Also, as a bit of an odd one I have been considering the assassins :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Those are some interesting ones. I'm going to sound really dull now, but I'm quite excited to join one of the tea societies :laugh: I don't drink alcohol, so I think it'll be nice to be able to sit with company and drink non-alcoholic things on a Sunday afternoon. I also want to join something musical but I don't know if I have the confidence for a choir, and I'm not sure whether I'll be able to trek to a central college on a night with my viola for orchestra rehearsals. Maybe I'll try and find a violinist/cellist to play string duets with on a casual basis.
(edited 6 years ago)
Lucky you - I was supervised for Criminal at Tit Hall, a million-and-one years ago :moon:

They also have jolly decent formals!

I'll have to go more often then :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Doonesbury
All gone - hopefully.

Folks, don't mind the troll. There's eejits in all areas of life including Oxbridge. Maybe they are related to that £20 note dude...

Obviously does wonders for my sanity when someone with an unconditional is telling me I'm not going to get in though, not like I was really stressed about it already or anything :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by zippidee
I haven't been asked to pick my papers yet, although I did tell my interviewers 4 of the papers I wanted to do (we have to pick 5). I've been sure of those 4 all along, but I keep flitting between a few options for the 5th paper - Christian conversion in late antiquity, contemporary religion (kind of social studies based) and then a paper about the question of God. I think I'm going for the God paper.

Those are some interesting ones. I'm going to sound really dull now, but I'm quite excited to join one of the tea societies :laugh: I don't drink alcohol, so I think it'll be nice to be able to sit with company and drink non-alcoholic things on a Sunday afternoon. I also want to join something musical but I don't know if I have the confidence for a choir (even though Wolfson is non-audition), and I'm not sure whether I'll be able to trek to a central college on a night with my viola for orchestra rehearsals. Maybe I'll try and find a violinist/cellist to play string duets with on a casual basis.

Apparently there is a left wing tea society - from marxists to ancoms to socdems -I have certainly considered joining that one. Not dull at all! And you should definitely join that choir, if uni is about anything, it's about putting yourself out there. If you don't like it you can always stop going - but you'll never know if you don't try, and you might regret it later. Don't miss out on anything! And re. Viola rehearsals, on that day you could always work in the faculty/univeristy library, so that it isn't that far to go when the rehearsal begins. You might get a decent bit of work done too, and then be able to chill out with music straight after.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Doonesbury
All gone - hopefully.

Rich shits with too much money. What I wouldnt do for a free £20, and that tit just burns it. And his friend says that it should have been a fifty. F*ck me, I've only handled like 3 of them in my life. That whole incident just riles me up.

Latest

Trending

Trending