The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3580
Original post by Obiejess
Also, as a bit of an odd one I have been considering the assassins :biggrin:

You need to do that. And find our friend even if (especially if) they aren't a member. They'd sooo love it.

Hahhhhahhhhhaaaaahhhhhaaahhahhhhahhahahhahaaaa.

Ha.

Spoiler

You go girl. I'm buying you a drink for that during freshers :yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why don't you battle it out and the loser buys the drinks? :tongue:
Original post by liziepie

This can be the plan for every time after :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Frankly anyone who resorts to trying to upset people by saying they're going to miss their offer clearly does have the maturity level of a year 3.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The main problem with him is that he's **** scared that when he goes up he'll transition badly from being a big fish in a little pond to a little fish in a big pond. And he doesn't know how to deal with it or channel it appropriately.

Wanna join? :lol:
@Obiejess, @SteamboatMickey,

Course/College/Offer conditions?

Do you think you'll meet your offers?

I am a Maths reapplicant to Churchill college (applied there first time as well). Last year this thread used to be pretty lit (and I used to regularly use it everyday) but seems like now it's just you two regular users (not counting jneil/Doonesbury) and the occasional lurkers or even trolls like that Socrates guy.
Original post by Doonesbury
You need to do that. And find our friend even if (especially if) they aren't a member. They'd sooo love it.

Hahhhhahhhhhaaaaahhhhhaaahhahhhhahhahahhahaaaa.

Ha.

Spoiler

Would I be able to join it with a leg problem? :frown:
Original post by Reality Check
The main problem with him is that he's **** scared that when he goes up he'll transition badly from being a big fish in a little pond to a little fish in a big pond. And he doesn't know how to deal with it or channel it appropriately.

That sounds like a decent explanation actually. I've just accepted that if I go to Cambridge I'm going to go from the being the best to be being dumb :biggrin: I guess others would rather attack than accept that their own flaws.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SteamboatMickey
Wanna join? :lol:

Oh you know it. Can we officially call it a society with 3 people?
Original post by Insight314

I am a Maths reapplicant to Churchill college (applied there first time as well). Last year this thread used to be pretty lit (and I used to regularly use it everyday) but seems like now it's just you two regular users (not counting jneil/Doonesbury) and the occasional lurkers or even trolls like that Socrates guy.

Law/Trinity Hall/A*AA

Completely unsure, because with essay subjects you could come out of the exam and feel like god or absolute ****. It doesn't matter. You have no idea what you actually got. I have York as an insurance (AAA) and I'll probably apply to Lancaster in clearing for anything below that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Insight314

Medwards, History, A*A*A with an A* in History. Quietly hopeful? Some of my exams were crap, but I have major extenuating circumstances (friend died days before the exams) so hoping if I got that A* in History and AA in my other subjects they may still let me take my place.

Yeah, I agree it is kinda bland. I like spending time here though :biggrin: Made some good friends. The applicants' threads were really fun.
Oh you know it. Can we officially call it a society with 3 people?

I'm sure we can find more :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
That sounds like a decent explanation actually. I've just accepted that if I go to Cambridge I'm going to go from the being the best to be being dumb :biggrin: I guess others would rather attack than accept that their own flaws.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's the most common thing there is. You've gone from being the best in your school (or certainly in the top 5 or 10 in your cohort) for years and years. You're just used to turning in work that gets the highest marks and receiving praise and constant reinforcement for the quality of the work you do. And then you go somewhere where that's nothing special, not even remarkable. Just entirely run-of-the-mill. And some people just can't cope with it. They can't cope with being the best any longer, and rather than seeing other people as inspirational and motivating, they find the whole thing frightening and intimidating. I suspect that he is very much in this category and his method of defence is attack. It's sad, really. But he's still a ****

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am going to try really hard for a first, and I've accepted that doing so is going to be REALLY difficult. I may not even manage it. I am more than happy to start from the bottom again and work my way up with long hours, concentration, and motivation. :redface: I don't think that I'm not some amazing History student, I may have a crisis and run to @Doonesbury or @Reality Check every few weeks, but I have the drive to be the very best I can. :biggrin: It's fantastic to have gone from nothing to actually having an offer from this amazing University in a two year period.
(edited 6 years ago)
I am going to try really hard for a first, and I've accepted that doing so is going to be REALLY difficult. I may not even manage it. I am more than happy to start from the bottom again and work my way up with long hours, concentration, and motivation. :redface: I don't think that I'm not some amazing History student, I may have a crisis and run to @Doonesbury or @Reality Check every few weeks, but I have the drive to be the very best I can. :biggrin: It's fantastic to have gone from nothing to actually having an offer from this amazing University in a two year period.

Well exactly :smile: And this is a really positive attitude to have - it's not about comparing yourself to everyone else but doing the best, and being the best that you can be.
I'm sure we can find more :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are we going to set up a Pokemon society if we all make it? :tongue:

Only 17% of lawyers get a first, I've long since given up on that. But at the very least I want a strong 2:1, and I'll put in all the hours in hopes that I win the less than 1 in 5 gamble. The way I see it, even if we don't get in, the fact that we got offers means they saw something in us that was great, and we can use that in all aspects of our lives, even if it's not at Cambridge.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are we going to set up a Pokemon society if we all make it? :tongue:

I bet you there already is one :biggrin:

Edit: found it https://www.cusu.co.uk/groups/cambridge-university-pokemon-society

Posted from TSR Mobile
@Reality Check you haven't given me any advice you've just tried to undermine me and the information I've given you about my external circumstances. All I want to know is whether or not it will be a problem if my physics grade is a B and if I will be allowed to take it in year 1.
Original post by Reality Check
Well exactly :smile: And this is a really positive attitude to have - it's not about comparing yourself to everyone else but doing the best, and being the best that you can be.

No, not at all. Everyone is a different kind of clever. I know people who are human calculators, but they can't write an essay at all. Does that mean someone amazing at maths, but can't string a high-quality essay together, is inherently cleverer? No, not really.