The Student Room Group

Does anyone here believe 9/11 was an inside job?

I know this has been well debated before but I want the opinion of current users.

I was just discussing the September 11th attacks with some Americans, and they seem absolutely convinced the whole thing was premeditated - pointing to evidence such as; Tower 7 falling seemingly on its own despite not being hit by a plane, the buildings being designed with plane crash in mind, apparent traces of thermite at the wreckage etc.

Personally I'm not convinced it was, but I think there are some questions in dire need of a proper answer.

Curious to see what you all think.
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I believe the CIA knew it was going to happen but decided to let it happen to give them a pretext to invade Afghanistan and eventually Iraq, under false evidence of MWD's.

I believe they also rigged the building in some fashion to allow it to collapse.

I don't believe Osama bin Laden was a CIA operative or anything like that.
But by who?
Reply 3
Bush did 9/11
Yes,honestly i do
bunch of cavemen in afghanistan/pakistan outsmarted the whole US govt and orchestrated biggest attack ever and pentagon had no clue?
Also this
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Northwoods
Original post by EternalLight
I believe the CIA knew it was going to happen but decided to let it happen to give them a pretext to invade Afghanistan and eventually Iraq, under false evidence of MWD's.

I believe they also rigged the building in some fashion to allow it to collapse.

Not as far-fetched as it sounds.
The relevant south park episode gives my opinion on this.
Original post by Dwarf-Shortage
Yes,honestly i do
bunch of cavemen in afghanistan/pakistan outsmarted the whole US govt and orchestrated biggest attack ever and pentagon had no clue?
Also this
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Northwoods

I was actually going to bring that up but forgot :angry:
Some people are seriously deluded.

Often the same ones who believe in superstition, faeries, intelligent design and deities.

Spoiler

(edited 6 years ago)
No,no intelligent person would believe 9/11 was an inside job.
People who think the only the world's best intelligence agency only way to invade a country is to fly an aircraft airliner into their country's buildings should realise that is why they were never good enough to join an intelligence agency.
Original post by uberteknik

Often the same ones who believe in superstition, faeries, intelligent design and deities.

Spoiler

You woke AF
Reply 11
Original post by EternalLight

Why would they be so desperate to invade Afghanistan that they would organise one of the biggest events in human history? There's no way you could cover something like this up - too many people would need to know.

I have to be careful with my words in this thread because conspiracy theories really do get on my nerves, especially one as unlikely as this.
(edited 6 years ago)

Spoiler

What do you say to the (perfectly valid) evidence to the contrary though. They were actually going to do a similar thing in the 60's, then there's the thing about Tower 7.
No.
I don't even know bruh.

Although it was a tragic moment in human history, you have to remember that it was 16 years ago. You can't travel back in time and stop it from happening, so theirs no point on dwelling on that depressing moment.
Original post by psuspark
All buildings are designed with a plane crash in mind - as in in case of an earth quake, explosion or a Godzilla attack sky scrapers collapse straight down instead of topping over like dominos and destroying half the city. It's a basic requirement to ensure the least amount of damamge.

No they aren't.
Original post by cbreef
What do you say to the (perfectly valid) evidence to the contrary though. They were actually going to do a similar thing in the 60's, then there's the thing about Tower 7.

What valid evidence?
Original post by Notnek
Why would they be so desperate to invade Afghanistan that they would organise one of the biggest events in human history? There's no way you could cover something like this up - too many people would need to know.

I have to be careful of my words in this thread because conspiracy theories really do get on my nerves, especially one as unlikely as this.

I agree. I just don't see a clear enough motive, but some things don't add up either. Didn't they supposedly find Mohamed Atta's (one of the bombers) passport intact in the street? Like wtf?
(edited 6 years ago)
What valid evidence?

Why did Tower 7 collapse? Why did any of the buildings collapse actually?
Operation Northwoods as well... it's not out of the realms of possibility.
Reply 19
Original post by cbreef

To make an extraordinary claim (and it doesn't get much bigger than this) you need extraordinary evidence. There is no evidence like this - for every video that supposedly provides evidence there is another video that will counter the claim. You can artificially create "evidence" for any conspiracy theory. Alex Jones and David Icke do it every day.

To believe that the US government / CIA were so desperate to invade Afghanistan that they organised the murder of thousands of Americans is completely ridiculous and nonsensical. And I never understand how otherwise intelligent people can even think to believe that it is in any way possible.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending