The Student Room Group
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

Hi everyone! Anyone going to Writtle University College in September?

I just wondered if anyone was going to Writtle University College this year for their undergraduate degrees? I've had an unconditional offer (I deferred my entry to 2017) so I'll definitely be going! I'll be studying Animal Science and I'm a tiny bit nervous about it all

Scroll to see replies

I have an offer for vet physio so hopefully!
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website
Original post by miranda_1998
I have an offer for vet physio so hopefully!

Oh I was tempted to pick that course! Will you be staying in the halls?
Hi

sorry i don't get notifications :frown: yes i will be! are you?

I really want to find as many of us as possible and try start a group chat or something- I'm the only one out of my friends who doesn't have one for the uni!
Hi

sorry i don't get notifications :frown: yes i will be! are you?

I really want to find as many of us as possible and try start a group chat or something- I'm the only one out of my friends who doesn't have one for the uni!

Same! It'll be nice to have a group chat to speak to other people who are going ☺. The uni may already have one but I can't seem to find it anywhere?
Original post by CatherineRose98
Same! It'll be nice to have a group chat to speak to other people who are going ☺. The uni may already have one but I can't seem to find it anywhere?

i can't find it either!
i can't find it either!

Maybe we should start a facebook group or one on here maybe (not sure how though)?
Which halls are you staying at? They've put me in Maddison
Maybe we should start a facebook group or one on here maybe (not sure how though)?
Which halls are you staying at? They've put me in Maddison

Yes lets start one - I'm not sure where on here tbh!
im in Tabor 2 i think!
Yes lets start one - I'm not sure where on here tbh!
im in Tabor 2 i think!

Ooh they're the nice big rooms aren't they? I'll have another look on facebook to double check there isn't one already and I'll get back to you. It's strange that the uni hasn't given us a link to an existing group, my friends going to different universities already have group chats 😕
Ooh they're the nice big rooms aren't they? I'll have another look on facebook to double check there isn't one already and I'll get back to you. It's strange that the uni hasn't given us a link to an existing group, my friends going to different universities already have group chats 😕

i don't really know haha- I'm not too fussed just wanted an en-suite!! i know it is strange deffo lets try and make one if there isn't one already
Hi guys, im coming to writtle in september too. im studying the Cert. Animal science. I'm kinda nervous as i know one friend by shes doing equine rehab and shes living at home. :frown: I really wanted an ensuite but i dont know if i can afford it yet, plus they dont have any available. so im in gill :frown:

have you made another group chat yet?
I just wondered if anyone was going to Writtle University College this year for their undergraduate degrees? I've had an unconditional offer (I deferred my entry to 2017) so I'll definitely be going! I'll be studying Animal Science and I'm a tiny bit nervous about it all

Are you living on campus?
Hi ! What is the cert course exactly? I looked it up on the website but it didn't really explain much except that it was a year long. But it's nice to meet someone else who's doing animal science :-) Gill has nice views though and it looks really nice from the outside so at least it's not all doom and gloom!No I haven't made a new group chat yet and I've looked at the two on Facebook but nobody has posted anything yet. I'm hoping that there will be a new chat in August once everyone has had their offers confirmed.I'll be living in the Maddison halls :smile:
Hi ! What is the cert course exactly? I looked it up on the website but it didn't really explain much except that it was a year long. But it's nice to meet someone else who's doing animal science :-) Gill has nice views though and it looks really nice from the outside so at least it's not all doom and gloom!No I haven't made a new group chat yet and I've looked at the two on Facebook but nobody has posted anything yet. I'm hoping that there will be a new chat in August once everyone has had their offers confirmed.I'll be living in the Maddison halls :smile:

The cert in animal studies is basically just the first year of the animal science degree. I wanted to do animal therapy but didnt have enough ucas points. So im doing animal studies cert as a stepping stone. Im a little anxious to see how i share a toilets and showers with others.. i really wanted maddison! Im on a waiting list tho, in case someone drops out. Fingers crossed. We should make a facebook group chat, just for now until one pops up. What do you think?

Hey, I'm going to Writtle this year to do vet physio :smile: I took a year out too x
Original post by Priyanka09
The cert in animal studies is basically just the first year of the animal science degree. I wanted to do animal therapy but didnt have enough ucas points. So im doing animal studies cert as a stepping stone. Im a little anxious to see how i share a toilets and showers with others.. i really wanted maddison! Im on a waiting list tho, in case someone drops out. Fingers crossed. We should make a facebook group chat, just for now until one pops up. What do you think?

Oh okay that sounds quite interesting. At least you're already on the waiting list and as people may not get the results they needed to get in to the uni, you should be first in line for their spot! Will you be in the animal science lectures then? I'll make a group on Facebook now then and I'll let you all know when it's up and give a link too (if I can figure out how haha).
Original post by Sianlouise98
Hey, I'm going to Writtle this year to do vet physio :smile: I took a year out too x

Hi! It's nice to meet someone that's going to Writtle and also took a year out! I'm the only one out of my group that took a year out and they don't really understand how daunting it feels after being out of education for a year :L Will you be living in halls too?
Hi everyone,

I've created a closed group (just means you'll have to join to order to post or reply to anything) on Facebook so more of us can speak on there if it's easier. Here's the link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1912071792381072/
Hope to see you all on there soon :-P
Reply 18
Hi guys, I'm really interested in joining the Facebook group but I cant get in. I'm starting my first year in Writtle this September doing Animal Science. I'm moving from Ireland so i don't know anyone and I would love to know a few of you before going.x
Original post by Ailbhe14
Hi guys, I'm really interested in joining the Facebook group but I cant get in. I'm starting my first year in Writtle this September doing Animal Science. I'm moving from Ireland so i don't know anyone and I would love to know a few of you before going.x

Hi, I recently got rid of the facebook group because it was just me on there haha. There's a really good app though called Campus Society, which lots of us are on and there's page for writtle where you can ask questions or a chat page (I only discovered it yesterday). There are some facebook groups on there that others have sent links to but I haven't figured out how to join those yet. But I'd definitely recommend it as I've met a couple of people on my course already!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending