The Student Room Group

did anyone else do 100% last minute revision for their gcses

i did and all my targets are As
idk what my results will look like since i didn't try all year round for the topic tests or the mocks and i even missed out the yr 11 ones :smile:)) bc i was ill

this is making the wait for results day even worse since i could do really bad or ok or really good-theres no way of me knowing :smile:))))

Scroll to see replies

I did for some subjects such as English Literature and didn't revise at all for other subjects, such as French since it's harder to do last minute revision for a Language.
GCSEs? Bruv I did this for my A levels
Original post by pastelsloth
idk what my results will look like since i didn't try all year round for the topic tests or the mocks and i even missed out the yr 11 ones :smile:)) bc i was ill

this is making the wait for results day even worse since i could do really bad or ok or really good-theres no way of me knowing :smile:))))

I didn't for major subjects such as Eng lit. and maths and science and paper 1 for history, but for the majority of my subjects I did last minute revision - I've never done a great deal of revision for English language before and I got great grades therefore I didn't feel the need to do huge amounts of revision and also for English literature I've never read any of the books but I knew what they were partially about but tbh I don't regret doing most of my revision last minute but it does make me quite nervous for my results in August.
Original post by Doctor1234
I did for some subjects such as English Literature and didn't revise at all for other subjects, such as French since it's harder to do last minute revision for a Language.

I'm quite proud tbh I learnt the whole of the Spanish vocabulary list in 1 day here comes my U in listening oh god I'm dreading my result but reading was fine.
Original post by TheGoodPharaoh

I applaud you.

honestly, how r u still living?????
Reply 7

I started revising two weeks before my GCSE's and I got five A's and four B's. Good enough.
I last minute crammed everything... didn't even 'cram' for the majority, just skimmed a textbook or 100% winged it other than half-hearted revision in lesson time. I still hit my targets, that's not me showing off, I'm not proud of it lol.

Typically, did the same with A Levels. I thought I would've 'changed' at this point but nope, and I might be ****ed this time.
Original post by lmaooome
I didn't for major subjects such as Eng lit. and maths and science and paper 1 for history, but for the majority of my subjects I did last minute revision - I've never done a great deal of revision for English language before and I got great grades therefore I didn't feel the need to do huge amounts of revision and also for English literature I've never read any of the books but I knew what they were partially about but tbh I don't regret doing most of my revision last minute but it does make me quite nervous for my results in August.

mY QUESTION WAS 100% LAST MINUTE, GET OUT WITH UR 99%
jk, i did stupid artsy subjects that killed any revision time i wanted to have but even english lit i did last minute-i understand english and literature i think (lol watch me get a 2 on results day) my target's an 8 but im waving bye to that :smile:
I applaud you.

Pls don't applaud, instead donate just £2 a month to save me from being homeless after results day
honestly, how r u still living?????

I'm not, save me
Original post by chausettes
I last minute crammed everything... didn't even 'cram' for the majority, just skimmed a textbook or 100% winged it other than half-hearted revision in lesson time. I still hit my targets, that's not me showing off, I'm not proud of it lol.

Typically, did the same with A Levels. I thought I would've 'changed' at this point but nope, and I might be ****ed this time.

ohhh i memorised hundreds of flashcards the day before an exam and it surprisingly all stuck-but what did you get at GCSE then? and don't worry about 'showing off' u got what u got :smile:, i hope ur alevel results are good!!!
mY QUESTION WAS 100% LAST MINUTE, GET OUT WITH UR 99%
jk, i did stupid artsy subjects that killed any revision time i wanted to have but even english lit i did last minute-i understand english and literature i think (lol watch me get a 2 on results day) my target's an 8 but im waving bye to that :smile:

I just really want to prove my damn teacher wrong like he gave me a 3 at the start of year 11 then I went on to get a 9 in that term like whattttt I need to get that again but my dream of that and reaching my forecast level of an 8 probably has went into the hands of grammar school students smh.
Pls don't applaud, instead donate just £2 a month to save me from being homeless after results day

*insert melancholy music with black and white screen* donate just £2 to gofundme.com xoxox
ohhh i memorised hundreds of flashcards the day before an exam and it surprisingly all stuck-but what did you get at GCSE then? and don't worry about 'showing off' u got what u got :smile:, i hope ur alevel results are good!!!

me for physics bc I just entirely thought I would've died before they tested me on physics
I'm quite proud tbh I learnt the whole of the Spanish vocabulary list in 1 day here comes my U in listening oh god I'm dreading my result but reading was fine.

Are you being serious? The whole vocabulary list? And one day before?

If so, that's some impressive memory. The only revision for French was Linguascope on the bus. Don't know if you can call that revision.
I'm not, save me

ah that cant happen bc i think im gonna be joining u in being homeless as you had mentioned above, but that'll be two years from now when i take my alevels :smile:

i may not have £2 but i have pics of sloths that should keep u from dying
Original post by Spratty
I started revising two weeks before my GCSE's and I got five A's and four B's. Good enough.

hey that's p good actually, thing is i didnt give myself 2 weeks but rather 1 day :smile: kill me
I just really want to prove my damn teacher wrong like he gave me a 3 at the start of year 11 then I went on to get a 9 in that term like whattttt I need to get that again but my dream of that and reaching my forecast level of an 8 probably has went into the hands of grammar school students smh.

omg thats sooo good D : ive never managed to get a 9-i have in maths but not in english, just hoping what i get is good

me for physics bc I just entirely thought I would've died before they tested me on physics

i was dead before the exams even began lmaoo

Quick Reply

Latest