London South Bank University
London

Is anyone else still waiting on an offer from LSBU for Nursing Sept 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nelfran29
@Sarah_78

Hi Sarah,

So as you know I have an offer at London South Bank University. BSc Adult Nursing (Havering Campus) September 2017 intake :smile:

I applied for my DBS online I found the link directly on their website

Please visit:

I took my ID documents to the Havering Campus that's the campus I applied for. I took my passport, driving licence and council tax letter, they scanned and sent it straight to DBS who have now received my application, the DBS team emailed me a couple of days later to confirm they had received my application it does take 60 days to receive the certificate so I would urge you to get yours completed now. I also have 11 weeks until I start university so I want to be well prepared. My start date is 18/09/2017 :colondollar:

I also completed the occupational health questionnaire online, I received a phone call from the occupational health team yesterday they wanted to clarify the details on my form, I should now receive an email from them between now and August with an appointment. I was also required to get my GP or practice nurse to complete my vaccination history on a form also found online, I made an appointment to see the practice nurse they only had a list of 2 vaccinations given on the system so I'll need a blood test at my occupational health appointment to determine which diseases I'm immune to if I need booster they will give them to me free of charge.

OH:

In terms of the head start day, our course leader ran through the DBS process and occupational health, the librarians talked us through referencing and study skills. There are also study skills workshops coming up at both campuses, have you received an email yet? I am yet to book, need to query some dates first. It's a great way to prepare us for what's to come and to find out the services and support available while we're there.

Check out the lsbu website for full instructions and guidance before applying, hope this helped :smile:

Hi Thanks,

I had already done the on-line DBS check and have applied for my replacement passport, so hopefully I won't have to wait too long for the passport to arrive, it came within 2 weeks last time. I did the online OH form and when I submitted it it said it was the old form and no longer in use! I had to click on a link to be take to the 2017 form and fill it all in again!! so annoying, but at least it is done now, I will take my vaccination form to my GP surgery next week.
I haven't received anything about study skills workshops, i received an email saying that I can use the library for reading but not loaning, but thats all. It maybe that your offer is unconditional, whereas mine is conditional? I don't think the results from my course get sent to them for a few weeks. I will look into the study skills workshops though, I have done uni before though so may not need to go.

Thanks again for getting back to me with all of this info x
London
Original post by Sarah_78
Hi Thanks,

I had already done the on-line DBS check and have applied for my replacement passport, so hopefully I won't have to wait too long for the passport to arrive, it came within 2 weeks last time. I did the online OH form and when I submitted it it said it was the old form and no longer in use! I had to click on a link to be take to the 2017 form and fill it all in again!! so annoying, but at least it is done now, I will take my vaccination form to my GP surgery next week.
I haven't received anything about study skills workshops, i received an email saying that I can use the library for reading but not loaning, but thats all. It maybe that your offer is unconditional, whereas mine is conditional? I don't think the results from my course get sent to them for a few weeks. I will look into the study skills workshops though, I have done uni before though so may not need to go.

Thanks again for getting back to me with all of this info x

Hi, @Sarah_78 it's so great to find someone who is also so organised :smile:, 11 weeks countdown!!! We're almost there lol, when are you likely to get your results? And your very welcome it keeps me on my toes too, to make sure I haven't missed anything :colondollar:
@iheartjf Where can I get that life science workbook from?

Have u finished the apl
Application?

What are you asking

I will be starting adult nursing in September at london south bank uni, hope this helped
Application?

What are you asking

I will be starting adult nursing in September at london south bank uni, hope this helped

Hi they are asking about APL (Acceditation of Prior Learning) this is for the PGDip as they already have a degree and just need to meet the NMC requirements to cut their course short from 3 to 2 years.

There will be about 60-70 students on this programme this year.
Original post by Adazzlingdiva
Have u finished the apl

Hi,

I submitted mine and just making a few minor amendments to it now.

It took a lot longer than I expected - particularly the Life Science Workbook. But I am really glad that I had to do it. I don't have any A-levels etc on the sciences and taking the time now to learn basic human anatomy and physiology will mean I won't be so far behind when I start in September.

Nurseteacher - do you know if they 'mark' the Life Science workbook as such?Would be nice if they did give feedback!

x
Original post by Adazzlingdiva
Have u finished the apl

I forgot to ask - how is your APL going? x
Original post by iheartjf
Hi,

I submitted mine and just making a few minor amendments to it now.

It took a lot longer than I expected - particularly the Life Science Workbook. But I am really glad that I had to do it. I don't have any A-levels etc on the sciences and taking the time now to learn basic human anatomy and physiology will mean I won't be so far behind when I start in September.

Nurseteacher - do you know if they 'mark' the Life Science workbook as such?Would be nice if they did give feedback!

x

Hi,

I know the course director is currently going through the APL claims. I am not 100% sure if they give a mark, however I will check and get back to you.
Original post by Nurseteacher
Hi,

I know the course director is currently going through the APL claims. I am not 100% sure if they give a mark, however I will check and get back to you.

Thank you - that will be most helpful.
Original post by iheartjf
Thank you - that will be most helpful.

I have checked and we do not actually provide a mark for the workbook. The CD will go through it to ensure that it is completed to the correct standard.

If it is not, they will get in contact with applicants and provide them with feedback on how they can put it right and improve their submission.

If it is not completed properly applicants are also informed. Therefore if you hear nothing you have done well.

I hope that helps.
(edited 6 years ago)
@BrightSmile_ [s]smile[/s] since it's been ages, how are you? Have you been to your head start day? If you have one, I've attended an offer holders day and headstart day, I have library workshops to attend next week which I'm excited about all this prep for uni is so good :smile:

What's new?
Hi @Nurseteacher, for adult nursing, do you know the times lectures are likely to end? I am trying to sort out my childcare for university since it takes a good 2 months, I need to give myself some leeway from the time lectures end to picking up my children. Thanks so much in advance :smile:

It's even gonna be more complicated when placements start since no one knows where we will be placed and what times we are expected to be there, guess I need a head start to give me enough time to identify issues early on. :smile:

Have a great weekend also :colondollar:
(edited 6 years ago)
Hi @Nurseteacher, for adult nursing, do you know the times lectures are likely to end? I am trying to sort out my childcare for university since it takes a good 2 months, I need to give myself some leeway from the time lectures end to picking up my children. Thanks so much in advance :smile:

It's even gonna be more complicated when placements start since no one knows where we will be placed and what times we are expected to be there, guess I need a head start to give me enough time to identify issues early on. :smile:

Have a great weekend also :colondollar:

The course will be full on so I would plan to finish classes around 4- 4.30. As you are at Havering you will be placed at either Queens hospital or King George's in Romford

Early shift usually start about 0700 and later around 1300, long days usually from 0700-2000. However different clinical areas do different shifts but this will give you an idea.

Regards

NT
The course will be full on so I would plan to finish classes around 4- 4.30. As you are at Havering you will be placed at either Queens hospital or King George's in Romford

Early shift usually start about 0700 and later around 1300, long days usually from 0700-2000. However different clinical areas do different shifts but this will give you an idea.

Regards

NT

Hi @Nurseteacher, thanks for your reply this helps, also another question, do we get bank holidays off? or are we supposed to be at uni regardless if it's during our placements or lectures? :smile:
Hi @Nurseteacher, thanks for your reply this helps, also another question, do we get bank holidays off? or are we supposed to be at uni regardless if it's during our placements or lectures? :smile:

Hi
Unfortunately in most cases when on clinical placements you will work on bank holidays. The uni is closed bank holidays so if you are in class you will have day off.

In some placements they are mon-fri and are closed bank holidays therefore you will not have to go, however as you have to complete a minimum if 2300 clinical hours you will need to make up at least 7.5 hours for each bank holiday.
I hope this helps

Regards NT
Hi
Unfortunately in most cases when on clinical placements you will work on bank holidays. The uni is closed bank holidays so if you are in class you will have day off.

In some placements they are mon-fri and are closed bank holidays therefore you will not have to go, however as you have to complete a minimum if 2300 clinical hours you will need to make up at least 7.5 hours for each bank holiday.
I hope this helps

Regards NT

Hi @Nurseteacher, thanks for letting me know :smile:

I'm just gonna keep an eye on these bank holidays in the mean time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending