The Student Room Group

Why are old people so ungrateful?

Why are they so ungrateful and feel so entitled?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous

What evidence do you have that they are?
uh i think young people are extremely ungrateful

Well, sunshine, let's hear it then. Why are we so ungrateful and entitled?
Reply 4
Original post by mangatardallys
What evidence do you have that they are?

Just step outside the house, go to any public places and see it for yourself. It's like 'we are old so we can do whatever, we can shout at you because we are old and you are a young piece of poop'. I volunteer at a hospital and have been shouted at by many old people for no particular reason(I go understand that it's a hospital and they are not at their best but still)
Just step outside the house, go to any public places and see it for yourself. It's like 'we are old so we can do whatever, we can shout at you because we are old and you are a young piece of poop'. I volunteer at a hospital and have been shouted at by many old people for no particular reason(I go understand that it's a hospital and they are not at their best but still)

Maybe you should go and find some other type of voluntary work then if you find the older people such a trial to be around? There is nothing worse than being patronized. So you base your ridiculous assumption about older people on the few that you have met, and that every public place you frequent is full of older people like the ones you describe?
That isn't evidence, it's just your opinion. I find some young people quite difficult, but I don't claim that all young people are all difficult, because I don't know every single young person on the planet. Duh!
Yeah, some old people have an awful attitude, but so do some young people. There are horrible people in all demographics.

But I see what you mean. People seem to be under the impression that all old people are lovely and pleasant, when that is not always the case.
Reply 7
Original post by Seamus123
Maybe you should go and find some other type of voluntary work then if you find the older people such a trial to be around? There is nothing worse than being patronized. So you base your ridiculous assumption about older people on the few that you have met, and that every public place you frequent is full of older people like the ones you describe?
That isn't evidence, it's just your opinion. I find some young people quite difficult, but I don't claim that all young people are all difficult, because I don't know every single young person on the planet. Duh!

Well it was just one of the many examples. It's not the only reason why I think this. And yeah you are right it's more of an opinion than a fact. But THEY ARE VERY UNGRATEFUL.

Same could be said of people from any age group. Perhaps it is individuals you are talking about and not all old people?
Probably because they're in constant pain or suffering
It's MILLENNIALS that are ungrateful. They sit on their backsides all day, contributing nothing to society and then have the audacity to demand that everything be given to them on a plate for free.
Original post by Dot.Cotton
It's MILLENNIALS that are ungrateful. They sit on their backsides all day, contributing nothing to society and then have the audacity to demand that everything be given to them on a plate for free.

I don't demand anything for free. I don't want anything and how exactly do MILLENNIALS don't contribute to the society? I don't ask for anything unfair but if I am wiping someone's ass for them, the least they can do is cut me some slack. I don't think that is unfair?
Most old people aren't. These people you encounter are the turds who were rude when they were young, rude when they were middle-aged, and have continued to be rude into old age. You know how everyone calls young people today 'rude', 'inconsiderate', 'ungrateful', 'self-centered' etc? Well they will become the rude old people in 60 years time, but not every single one of us will. Don't sweeping generalise an entire age group if you get offended of the same happening to you.

Also, how old are you?
Most old people I've encountered at my care home are lovely with the exception of a few with severe dementia who can be quite aggressive, in my experience it's all the teenagers that are rude and horrible
Original post by Moonstruck16
Most old people aren't. These people you encounter are the turds who were rude when they were young, rude when they were middle-aged, and have continued to be rude into old age. You know how everyone calls young people today 'rude', 'inconsiderate', 'ungrateful', 'self-centered' etc? Well they will become the rude old people in 60 years time, but not every single one of us will. Don't sweeping generalise an entire age group if you get offended of the same happening to you.

Also, how old are you?

I am 19. Why?
I am 19. Why?

Because the older you get the more you'll realise that the things you believed in your youth were very stupid. Lack of life experience etc.
It's not an age thing. That's people for you. Whatever generation you look at, you will get some really horrible people.
i know many old people who aren't like this.

but when you say "I go understand" then you need to brush up on your grammar. Possibly these old people who abuse you were former teachers, and they're offended at your poor English.
It may just be how they were raised. Back in their time they had to respect adults no matter what and so perhaps they feel that they should have the same treatment from the young however, we are a different generation. as others have said, there are ungrateful old and young people.
Original post by susanneblonde
i know many old people who aren't like this.

but when you say "I go understand" then you need to brush up on your grammar. Possibly these old people who abuse you were former teachers, and they're offended at your poor English.

Is that the best you got? I hope you are just taking a shot at me and are not actually that dumb. After all it does say 'blonde' in your name.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending