The Student Room Group

Asking for a girl's number?

I've been speaking to a girl I like (not sure if she likes me though), how should I ask for her number without sounding like a creep?

We're both uni students. I'm a beta virgin male.
Original post by Anonymous
I've been speaking to a girl I like (not sure if she likes me though), how should I ask for her number without sounding like a creep?

We're both uni students. I'm a beta virgin male.

The classic one is to say that you're leaving your house/ flat and that you're not gonna have any wifi or data, and then subtly say like "hey mind if I get your number so we can text and carry on talking?". Works every time.
Reply 2
Original post by Cubone-r
The classic one is to say that you're leaving your house/ flat and that you're not gonna have any wifi or data, and then subtly say like "hey mind if I get your number so we can text and carry on talking?". Works every time.

ok, so he gets her number via trickery. what does this achieve?

I once saw a guy befriend a girl and then copy her mobile number down without her permission from her CV, the girl was not pleased and then after he left started talking s**t about him to EVERYONE.
You tell her to give it to you not ask

Girls love being told what to do
By real alpha men
Original post by ANM775

I once saw a guy befriend a girl and then copy her mobile number down without her permission from her CV, the girl was not pleased and then after he left started talking s**t about him to EVERYONE.

The difference here is he's actually getting her permission to get the number
Reply 5
Original post by Retired_Messiah
The difference here is he's actually getting her permission to get the number

True I guess, However he doesn't even know if the girl likes him, and it sounds like she doesn't know he likes her either, ..he's placing too much emphasis on getting the number imo

by the tone of his post it sounds like he wants to get her number undercover without revealing his hand "how should I ask for her number without sounding like a creep?"

what does this achieve?
Original post by ANM775
True I guess, However he doesn't even know if the girl likes him, and it sounds like she doesn't know he likes her either, ..he's placing too much emphasis on getting the number imo

by the tone of his post it sounds like he wants to get her number undercover without revealing his hand "how should I ask for her number without sounding like a creep?"

what does this achieve?

Hmm now you put it like that idk why we need the number sooner rather than later if they talkin anyway... huh

genius
Original post by ANM775

Well in my case, you're still asking for it, the girl can still say no, it's not like you are getting her number without her knowing, the two scenarios are completely different.
Your best bet is just to ask nicely 😊 even if she only likes you as a friend she might not have any problem giving you her number.
Reply 9
Original post by QueenBee98
Your best bet is just to ask nicely 😊 even if she only likes you as a friend she might not have any problem giving you her number.

We met with friends and I asked her but she turned me down saying she had a bf. :frown: Oh well.
Original post by Anonymous
We met with friends and I asked her but she turned me down saying she had a bf. :frown: Oh well.

Ah I see... if she refused then there might be a chance that she knew that you liked her - saying that she has a boyfriend, true or not, suggests that she might have seen it as your way of getting closer to her romantically.

Ah well - there was no harm in asking I guess.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending