The Student Room Group

i hate finding referees...

So I've applied for this volunteering job but I need 2 referees and I dont really know who to put. I worked at another job last year but I dont have the manager's email or number. Do I have to ask someone to be my reference before putting them down. I know that sounds like a stupid thing to ask but if any has advice, thank you!
Original post by UnknownUKB
So I've applied for this volunteering job but I need 2 referees and I dont really know who to put. I worked at another job last year but I dont have the manager's email or number. Do I have to ask someone to be my reference before putting them down. I know that sounds like a stupid thing to ask but if any has advice, thank you!

Yeah you should give people a heads up before putting them down as a reference :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by luckystars
Yeah you should give people a heads up before putting them down as a reference :smile:

Thank you :biggrin:
Original post by UnknownUKB

Make sure when you ask someone for a reference, you make it clear its for multiple jobs eg "I'm applying for a few jobs at the moment. Could I use you as a referee for them please?" Not, "Please can you be my referee for a Tesco application?"

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending