The Student Room Group

Do guys like submissive girls?

Do you like girls who let you lead or girls who are assertive/opinionated?

Scroll to see replies

some guys would love to be the boss but men owning women went out years ago. I prefer equality and mutual respect. I have no interest in anyone who does not earn my respect and they cant do that by bowing down to my every demand. Its a 2 way street in a partnership
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous

If a girl is assertive/opinionated/dominant ...then she must actually look the part and she must also be older than me .............

it is de-masculating to be bossed about by some tiny innocent looking girl who is younger than me
Reply 3
Original post by Richard0328
some guys would love to be the boss but men owning women went out years ago. I prefer equality and mutual respect. I have no interest in anyone who does not earn my respect and they cant do that by bowing down to my every demand. Its a 2 way street in a partnership

im just interested because I watched a 40 min video of a guy talking about how men like to be in control because it makes them feel masculine (generally), I suppose? Just wanted some verification tbh
Reply 4

A lot of submissive girls have no self esteem and are basically doormats. I find that pretty irritating.

But at the same time, I don't really trust girls who seem overly aggressive. Some guys are into that (sexually) but it's too easy to get into legal trouble if they become abusive and you fight them back.

Ime, all the girls who were aggressive in school were seriously messed in the head. One pushed a guy down a flight of stairs and broke his leg, one stabbed a guy in the shoulder with a pen (his name was Pierce- no joke), and another broke a guy's nose.

There's this one female fighter called Ronda Rousey, and guys who like her seemed to have fetish for being beaten and dominated by a girl. I find it weird. She beat up her ex-boyfriend for taking nudes of her in her sleep and she got away with it- no legal trial at all. She also cracked 4 of guy's ribs once (there's footage of this). I don't find anything enduring or "badass" about violent behavior in girls.

So I don't like submissive girls in particular, but would much prefer them to a violent girl. Life is hard enough as it is, I don't want abuse and legal trouble.
Reply 5
im just interested because I watched a 40 min video of a guy talking about how men like to be in control because it makes them feel masculine (generally), I suppose? Just wanted some verification tbh

I'd much rather be in control than be abused. It's too easy to get away with false rape/domestic violence charges these day. Police will almost always take a woman's word over a man's.
I've never thought about it
Reply 7
Original post by ANM775
If a girl is assertive/opinionated/dominant ...then she must actually look the part and she must also be older than me .............

it is de-masculating to be bossed about by some tiny innocent looking girl who is younger than me

fair enough
Err which guys like "dominant" females? Pretty awkward phrase tbh.
Reply 9
Yeah, I'm basically in the middle if there's something I disagree with I argue my side but at the same time, sometimes I cba fighting - would that come across as weak. I usually just go quiet but more out of anger rather than 'you win'.

And yeah, there's no way I could hurt a guy, I'd probably get annihilated plus I don't see any reason unless my life is in danger or sm.
Original post by tapir
A lot of submissive girls have no self esteem and are basically doormats. I find that pretty irritating.

But at the same time, I don't really trust girls who seem overly aggressive. Some guys are into that (sexually) but it's too easy to get into legal trouble if they become abusive and you fight them back.

Ime, all the girls who were aggressive in school were seriously messed in the head. One pushed a guy down a flight of stairs and broke his leg, one stabbed a guy in the shoulder with a pen (his name was Pierce- no joke), and another broke a guy's nose.

There's this one female fighter called Ronda Rousey, and guys who like her seemed to have fetish for being beaten and dominated by a girl. I find it weird. She beat up her ex-boyfriend for taking nudes of her in her sleep and she got away with it- no legal trial at all. She also cracked 4 of guy's ribs once (there's footage of this). I don't find anything enduring or "badass" about violent behavior in girls.

So I don't like submissive girls in particular, but would much prefer them to a violent girl. Life is hard enough as it is, I don't want abuse and legal trouble.
just wanted some perspective I suppose, since some girls and guys think that a way to a man's hurt is to obey him all the time :/
Original post by awkwardshortguy
I've never thought about it
Original post by Dynamic_Vicz
Err which guys like "dominant" females? Pretty awkward phrase tbh.

I think it's a fetish?
some do, some dont, some like a bit of both, its all personal preference really :yep:
i have a lot of male friends - they tell me all :lol:
Reply 13
I usually just go quiet but more out of anger rather than 'you win'.

What you said there reminds me of passive aggressive people, who will typically not argue back much or engage in much conflict ..but you can see them holding it in, absorbing everything thrown at them but not really reacting, but you can see subtle signs of anger on their faces.....

these are the WORST sorts of people. The kinds of people who will go and spit in your tea or use your toothbrush to secretly scrub the toilet.

There's no well in hell I would get involved with a passive aggressive person, ..just no way lol........
Original post by CleverSquirrel
some do, some dont, some like a bit of both, its all personal preference really :yep:
i have a lot of male friends - they tell me all :lol:

yeah it's all down to chance who you end up with :wink:
Original post by ANM775
What you said there reminds me of passive aggressive people, who will typically not argue back much or engage in much conflict ..but you can see them holding it in, absorbing everything thrown at them but not really reacting, but you can see subtle signs of anger on their faces.....

these are the WORST sorts of people. The kinds of people who will go and spit in your tea or use your toothbrush to secretly scrub the toilet.

There's no well in hell I would get involved with a passive aggressive person, ..just no way lol........

LMAOOOOO, it's more like I'm too angry rn and I dont want to say anything out of anger that I don't mean, but once I'm calm we're going to have talks

or you one of those people? that was quite specific :wink:
Reply 16
LMAOOOOO, it's more like I'm too angry rn and I dont want to say anything out of anger that I don't mean, but once I'm calm we're going to have talks

or you one of those people? that was quite specific :wink:

No, I just caught someone spitting in my food once ...and tbh I was seeing those sorts of passive aggressive red flags in that persons behavior for a while so was sorta half expecting something like that...........
To all of you who said yes ! You're all getting my heels up your butthole tonight
Original post by butfirst_coffee
To all of you who said yes ! You're all getting my heels up your butthole tonight

Please do. Only to me :colonhash:

Actually we're not doing this again just cuddles
Original post by Xopher_
Please do. Only to me :colonhash:

Actually we're not doing this again just cuddles

Only cuddles for you Mr.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending