The Student Room Group

Biology how to revise

I picked higher level biology , how do i revise inorder to get a 7?
I think it just depends on the way you personally revise and what works best for you. I mean you can make revision cards, watch revision videos , make revision mind maps, etc. I personally like revision cards and that's how I study cos it works for me and i think making revision resources yourself as opposed getting them given helps the content stick. But always do past papers, make sure you've done all the past papers by your exams seriously they help sooo much.
Reply 2
Unlike maths where you just practice to become good, for biology you need to memorise, so flashcards and whatever really works for you.
I did my GCSEs a few years ago in the old system but I do Bio at uni and I'd say a good method to revise Bio is wrote memorisation, I basically just write up my notes in my own words over and over and then put a few posters on my wall to help with diagrams.

Another good method for like cell structures or diagrams like cycles is to do a look, cover, draw, check. Look at what you want to learn, cover it up, draw it, check to see. Keep repeating.

Also another idea is to discuss with friends, preferably in person or on skype or something if you can do that, don't do this too much, learn it all first but once you think you're at a decent level discussing it can help you and your friend fill in each other's gap in knowledge.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending