The Student Room Group

How much more attractive are guys who have athletic/muscular bodies?

I'm 17, and most people say i'm a 6/10 and that i'd be a 8 or 9 if i went to the gym and got a good body. I understand gym bodies are attractive but it seems like effort putting in the work. Anyways, by how much can it bring you up? Im talking about the athletic look with noticeable arm muscles and shoulders etc that you can clearly tell that he's fit or athletic or plays some kind of professional sport?

Scroll to see replies

Face will always be the most important aspect of attraction. But lifting will certainly improve your overall appearance
Reply 2
Original post by TheFarmerLad
Face will always be the most important aspect of attraction. But lifting will certainly improve your overall appearance

So are you saying things like eyes and hair are the main focus of atttaction? By how much can a great body add (a range)?
Face > Everything
Reply 4
Don't base your opinion of yourself on what other people might think about you. You are absolutely enough in every way and should not concern yourself with trying to please other people by altering yourself. Anyone who has told you 'your rating would go up' if you worked out, is not someone you need in your life.
Reply 5
I don't really notice. Don't do things because other people told you you'll be more attractive because those people are shallow. Do it to increase your health and be happy :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Luluroo
I don't really notice. Don't do things because other people told you you'll be more attractive because those people are shallow. Do it to increase your health and be happy :smile:
ok. but could you give me an honest opinion on the question. by how much generally does it boost your appearance? are you more attracted to guys with fit/athletic bodies? would it catch your eyes/attention?
Reply 7
Good thing you were only "joking"
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous
ok. but could you give me an honest opinion on the question. by how much generally does it boost your appearance? are you more attracted to guys with fit/athletic bodies? would it catch your eyes/attention?

I honestly don't really notice? I'm no more attracted to an athletic body than the average one lol. Personality and face are what catch my eye 😂
Reply 9
I'm joking. I'm not that much of a c#nt that I'll ruin this thread as well.
Reply 10
He's probably sick of the sight of our usernames.
So are you saying things like eyes and hair are the main focus of atttaction? By how much can a great body add (a range)?

Face shape, complexion, eyes, hair, nose the whole shebang really. Depends on the face, bone structure, muscle insertions but probably 1-3 points if you're talking /10. But as someone said above don't start lifting solely for girls, lift for yourself and your own satisfaction
Reply 12
I'm 17, and most people say i'm a 6/10 and that i'd be a 8 or 9 if i went to the gym and got a good body. I understand gym bodies are attractive but it seems like effort putting in the work. Anyways, by how much can it bring you up? Im talking about the athletic look with noticeable arm muscles and shoulders etc that you can clearly tell that he's fit or athletic or plays some kind of professional sport?

Professional sport? It's not professional unless you get payed. Anyway, yes in general girls prefer guys that are slim or muscular than fat guys. Currently I'm 1.82m and about 75kg, but I used to be 105kg. I lost a lot of weight by jogging.

You don't have to be super buff like you play rugby, but swimmers and guys who run track will still get more attention from girls than guys that are flabby.

I think I might've injured my fibula when I was jogging, so I can't jog atm. I'm bummed about it cause I'm already gaining back weight.:frown: Honestly, I think swimming is the safest way to stay in shape. You're much more likely to get injured running and doing other sports.

Edit: Apparently @WoodyMKC only lifts for an hour and half at a time. He could be lying, but ask him yourself. He's definitely in shape.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by tapir
Professional sport? It's not professional unless you get payed. Anyway, yes in general girls prefer guys that are slim or muscular than fat guys. Currently I'm 1.82m and about 75kg, but I used to be 105kg. I lost a lot of weight by jogging.

You don't have to be super buff like you play rugby, but swimmers and guys who run track will still get more attention from girls than guys that are flabby.

I think I might've injured my fibula when I was jogging, so I can't jog atm. I'm bummed about it cause I'm already gaining back weight.:frown: Honestly, I think swimming is the safest way to stay in shape. You're much more likely to get injured running and doing other sports.

Edit: Apparently @WoodyMKC only lifts for an hour and half at a time. He could be lying, but ask him yourself. He's definitely in shape.

How much more attention would iget if i were super buff like rugby players as you said? How many ratings is that?
Original post by tapir

Not even an hour and a half mate, typically an hour or a little less depending on what program I'm running. All that's necessary and you find that the heavier the weights get, you find your volume per workout going down and your workouts getting shorter a lot of the time.
Reply 15
How much more attention would iget if i were super buff like rugby players as you said? How many ratings is that?

I don't think it works like that. You'd get attention from different sorts of girls. A lot of girls find it outputting if you're that buff, but just as many girls love it.

There was actually one guy on here who was a bouncer who said he had trouble getting girls to like him.
Reply 16

It differs from guy to guy imo, but most people imo put on around 1 point.

If you're super lucky you might put on two

3 is quite rare for someone was not already overweight when he started lifting, but I have seen it before
They can make a guy better looking because chiseled faces and strong jawlines are attractive
Its subjective. I personally am not too bothered. Im going out with someon whos quite skinny.
Reply 19
Like others said a nice face is probably more important but you can't control that. It depends on the person but i'd agree that most girls tend to prefer an athletic body but honestly you should go to the gym for your own fun/ to be healthier, improving your 'ratings' shouldn't be the only goal. 'Ratings' are purely subjective anyway so there's no point obsessing over it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending