The Student Room Group

Do guys like submissive girls?

Scroll to see replies

:colone:
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah, I'm basically in the middle if there's something I disagree with I argue my side but at the same time, sometimes I cba fighting - would that come across as weak. I usually just go quiet but more out of anger rather than 'you win'.

And yeah, there's no way I could hurt a guy, I'd probably get annihilated plus I don't see any reason unless my life is in danger or sm.

where does violence fit into this thread? We are basically talking about giving and receiving orders and I do neither. I do not control and I will not be controlled. Violence should only be used in self-defence and is therefore not relevant (in theory).
you are your own person and any potential partner either accepts that or takes a long walk off a short pier. There is no reason to hand your life over to any guy unless that is how you choose to live. That is YOUR choice though and any guy who tries to take choice from you is a waste of your time. You could do better!
Both. I'm not gonna go out with a robot but then again no one likes a bossy cow either
Original post by ANM775
No, I just caught someone spitting in my food once ...and tbh I was seeing those sorts of passive aggressive red flags in that persons behavior for a while so was sorta half expecting something like that...........

WTF that's disgusting omg:frown:
I like being dominated in bed but outwith that I dont expect to get bossed around or controlled.
Original post by Richard0328
where does violence fit into this thread? We are basically talking about giving and receiving orders and I do neither. I do not control and I will not be controlled. Violence should only be used in self-defence and is therefore not relevant (in theory).
you are your own person and any potential partner either accepts that or takes a long walk off a short pier. There is no reason to hand your life over to any guy unless that is how you choose to live. That is YOUR choice though and any guy who tries to take choice from you is a waste of your time. You could do better!

yeah sorry about that I was having a discussion about that in a different thread and kind of dragged it into the convo but pretty much agree with you
yeah sorry about that I was having a discussion about that in a different thread and kind of dragged it into the convo but pretty much agree with you

edit: the person i was quoting was talking about violence
Submissive girls in bed. :sexface:

No need to apologise. I was making a point and men being violent towards women is my biggest pet hate. In fact it is the only situation that caused me to be violent and even then I did not use excessive force. Just enough to chase him away. I have known a lot of women over the years and sadly the vast majority have been victims of violence and I just do not understand why they are still around after the first incident. Once is too often!
Original post by Fermion.
I like being dominated in bed but outwith that I dont expect to get bossed around or controlled.

Original post by Mr Smurf
Submissive girls in bed. :sexface:

im noticing a trend:chaplin:
Original post by Richard0328
No need to apologise. I was making a point and men being violent towards women is my biggest pet hate. In fact it is the only situation that caused me to be violent and even then I did not use excessive force. Just enough to chase him away. I have known a lot of women over the years and sadly the vast majority have been victims of violence and I just do not understand why they are still around after the first incident. Once is too often!

I agree, I think it's insecurity - these type of guys usually hurl verbal abuse at their partner to the point where they feel like no one will love them and when they try to leave they tell them how much they love them, etc. Psychological warfare. Surely if he loved you he wouldn't be punching you in the face but love can be blind so ****ing blind.
Reply 31
Do you like girls who let you lead or girls who are assertive/opinionated?

No. A girl needs to speak up sometimes and have the confidence to be herself around a guy and not just be some sort of submissive robot constantly, that would be boring and it would not help the relationship to last long.
Reply 32
Original post by Furai
No. A girl needs to speak up sometimes and have the confidence to be herself around a guy and not just be some sort of submissive robot constantly, that would be boring and it would not help the relationship to last long.

If a guy is a control freak, that kind of relationship lasts a long time.
Original post by Furai

I agree, but relationships like this can last - they're unhealthy tho
Reply 34
Opinionated. I want to be with someone I respect.
im just interested because I watched a 40 min video of a guy talking about how men like to be in control because it makes them feel masculine (generally), I suppose? Just wanted some verification tbh

What you want is equally important though. Submissive behaviour is along the lines of slavery and that is no longer acceptable (except for those who enjoy it). You are your own person with or without a partner and only you can choose what kind of partner you want. Nobody can tell you how to be happy
You seem to think really strongly in terms of very old fashioned and traditional hierahierarchies. As an opinionated but petite and "cute" girl who wants to be a politically active academic I would hope the man for me is masculine enough to be confident and not insecure. I pity the spineless woman you date one day and hope you reconsider your myopic selfish ways
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by ANM775
If a girl is assertive/opinionated/dominant ...then she must actually look the part and she must also be older than me .............

it is de-masculating to be bossed about by some tiny innocent looking girl who is younger than me

I'm sorry you feel that way. It's very selfish to feel how you do. I'm a "cute" petite woman who aspires to be an academic and politically active and I shudder to think some guy would see me as less entitled to show parts of my natural personality because of superficial things. Men who are really masculine are confident and open to other people's opinions, not insecure and vain and looking for a partner only as an accessory to make yourself look better. I pity the woman you are with one day, I hope you change your oafish ways.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Shel2theB
I'm sorry you feel that way. It's very selfish to feel how you do. I'm a "cute" petite woman who aspires to be an academic and politically active and I shudder to think some guy would see me as less entitled to show parts of my natural personality because of superficial things. Men who are really masculine are confident and open to other people's opinions, not insecure and vain and looking for a partner only as an accessory to make yourself look better. I pity the woman you are with one day, I hope you change your oafish ways.

Gonna agree with this. Personality is more important. Plus girls are equal to males in relationships.
I love equal or dominant(but not abusive and aggressive) females - ESPECIALLY if they're playful.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending