The Student Room Group

How much more attractive are guys who have athletic/muscular bodies?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Furthermore, you can do many things to take care of your aspect without focusing on muscles. You can take care of your skin, diet and health, for example. And, most of all, dress well. At the end, it's not only about the looks, so you can also focus on other aspects too.

I think it's not worth it (on the contrary, quite miserable) to put in such effort only/mainly for girls. Sex isnt really worth that much and you can get it in other ways too. As per serious relationships, those aren't founded on muscles.
Reply 61
Original post by alexp98
Bro some thing happened to me so I have to just walk atm, I think it might have been my shoes, probs need to invest in a good pair on running shoes
You might want to get some "shock absorbing" insoles for your running shoes try running on dirt/grass instead or on a treadmill. I wore skateboard shoes (Vans) and jogged on concrete. That probably caused the stress fracture
Your saying this is right?
My dysfunctional family is actually crazy.
Have you watched flowers in the attic?
Incest, my friend was narrating me the story on phone. I think you would love it.
Then butter up your children.
Original post by TheAlchemistress
Then butter up your children.

That's us....

RUNNNNNN

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by StrawbEm
That's us....

RUNNNNNN

Posted from TSR Mobile

I will run, you can butter them up. Sorry I thought you were shameful_burrito.
Original post by StrawbEm
That's us....

RUNNNNNN

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me and you run, before he butters us up with a knife.
Haha really funny.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm 17, and most people say i'm a 6/10 and that i'd be a 8 or 9 if i went to the gym and got a good body. I understand gym bodies are attractive but it seems like effort putting in the work. Anyways, by how much can it bring you up? Im talking about the athletic look with noticeable arm muscles and shoulders etc that you can clearly tell that he's fit or athletic or plays some kind of professional sport?

Instead of dancing around the question and saying "don't lift to look attractive, do it for your health yadayadayada" like many have done in this thread, I shall give you my honest opinion brother.

It's very difficult to give you an arbitrary number by how much it brings you up, but it does bring you up by a significant amount. But of course, if you're socially awkward then you're not likely to get any attention no matter how good your physique is. So only when your social skills, confidence and general personality is on point should you consider your physique a limiting factor. With that said, with an improved physique comes an improved level of confidence (generally speaking). That in itself is what usually makes someone more attractive, in my opinion - not the improved physique per se, but rather the confidence boost as a result of the improved physique.

The main muscle groups you should focus on, for appearance, are the ones that are noticed at first glance. These include the neck, traps, lats, shoulders, forearms, calves and glutes. The neck by far being the most important (just look at Channing Tatum bro, give him a thinner neck and trust me he doesn't look as good).
Wtf you tell us now Dad?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Adopted!!! No, we're not we are actually your long lost sisters.
Original post by usualsuspects
Athletic from professional sports is different from gym muscles. Most sports won't result in huge muscles everywhere, but the overall effect will probably be more pleasant. However, to practice a sport enough that it shapes your body, you have to put in serious time so it's necessary that you like it for other reasons too. Body can increase your attractiveness by 2 for everyone and by 3 for certain girls. But again, if you overtrain at the gym and get too big and bulky, not everyone will find you attractive.

All athletes involved in physical sports incorporate weight training into their routine, more than you'd expect actually as that's the best method to gain strength and power for their sports.

The reason the 'overall effect is more pleasant', for them at least, is because of three reasons; the hours of cardio they do on top of their resistance training, the drugs they take and the fact that most have great genetics.

The average joe doesn't have nearly as much time to physically exert themselves as these guys do hence why they don't look halve as good.
I actually have quite nice forearms (cus reasons...) but when i looked in the mirror the day, the lack of bisep was really mistached and gross. Honestly the eczema on arms is probs more important to get rid of though 😞
Reply 75
Original post by TheFarmerLad
All athletes involved in physical sports incorporate weight training into their routine, more than you'd expect actually as that's the best method to gain strength and power for their sports.

The reason the 'overall effect is more pleasant', for them at least, is because of three reasons; the hours of cardio they do on top of their resistance training, the drugs they take and the fact that most have great genetics.

The average joe doesn't have nearly as much time to physically exert themselves as these guys do hence why they don't look halve as good.

Dont agree. I did a physically challenging sport at a competitive level (national, European, international) and did some athletic training, but no weight lifting. It's not necessary for most sports. The drug thing is stupid. Are you saying all people doing sports take drugs and these enhance their appearance?

A swimmer, even if he competes at a local, junior level, will have a more pleasant, athletic, body than a person that builds huge muscles lifting.
For most of their long evolutionary history, human beings have been active, rugged hunter-gatherers who needed to remain lean, strong and healthy to have any chance of survival. Therefore, both sexes preferred mates who fit those categories.

In the modern world, this means that physical appearance, particularly in regards to physical fitness, is usually instinctively attractive and appealing. It appeals to us on a base, primal level. While some of us can look beyond that, and many do, the vast majority will always prefer a partner who is more physically fit and attractive. In vast majority of cases, it's the first thing about us that someone notices and the first trait that grabs someone else's attention and affection.

So, while at least in theory you don't necessarily need to be muscular or lean to attract other people, it's a highly valued trait and a notable focus of physical attraction, especially when considering short-term relationships.
depends it has to be lowkey - he simply can't be looking like the rock bc ill disown him
It's like asking how much attractive will being more attractive make you? Girls that are checking you out will look at you from top to bottom anyways so a good face on a unfit/short/skinny body wont make you appealling and vice versa. Yes, girls look at your face first in order to check you out so as long as your face is 7/10 and you build an amazing body, they'll be more impressed when they check your full package out. People who take care of their body are more likely to take care of their face and appearance so you could go from a 4/10 to a 8/10 just by making the decision to invest time in yourself. Gym body adds around 2, your face though is around 60% of your overall attraction and the way you portray yourself (body language, and clothing) adds 1 or 2. I'm talking by experience as i'm considered a very attractive guy.
Original post by Withengar
For most of their long evolutionary history, human beings have been active, rugged hunter-gatherers who needed to remain lean, strong and healthy to have any chance of survival. Therefore, both sexes preferred mates who fit those categories.

In the modern world, this means that physical appearance, particularly in regards to physical fitness, is usually instinctively attractive and appealing. It appeals to us on a base, primal level. While some of us can look beyond that, and many do, the vast majority will always prefer a partner who is more physically fit and attractive. In vast majority of cases, it's the first thing about us that someone notices and the first trait that grabs someone else's attention and affection.

So, while at least in theory you don't necessarily need to be muscular or lean to attract other people, it's a highly valued trait and a notable focus of physical attraction, especially when considering short-term relationships.

Yes indeed. Sexual attraction among almost all animals is fundamental subconscious behaviour in order to find optimal genetics for reproduction. Girls are naturally attracted to these things without thinking. It's like when you glance at someone and your eyes light up, thats subconscious sexual attraction.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending